Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• MeIagius
    Original poster 5 posts

I have three letters but after I read the first the option to use the letter box is gone.
    Restarting the game and loading a previous save doesn't help.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• UbiKoality
    Community Manager 445 posts

@meiagius Hello there! My apologies for any inconvenience that's been caused. Have you tried completing the steps in our PC troubleshooting guide to see if they help to get this corrected? Also, would you be able to provide a video exhibiting this issue?

Official Response
  • Mastemo523
    4 posts

@meiagius I’m having the same issue! I can only read one after a main story area completion. After I read one, I can’t access the box. I’m on PS4.

• Lavender_Gooms
    16 posts

I get back to the settlement to finish up a region quest and there is a new message icon in Eivor's room at the letter box. Go check them out, there are two inside, cool. Read one of them and the icon vanishes and the letter box can no longer be interacted with to read the second one.

Come back later after another region quest, there's a new letter and so the message icon is back. Check the box, and there is the new letter present in addition to the older letter that wasn't able to be read last time. Read either one of them and the icon vanishes and the box can no longer be interacted with again.

• MeIagius
    Original poster 5 posts

@ubikoality
    I tried the troubleshooting but the bug remains.

Here is the video:

It might have some spoiler

• UbiKoality

@meiagius Thank you so much for including this video!! Just to confirm, you cannot see the other letters in your bag available to read?

Official Response
  • MeIagius
    Original poster 5 posts

@ubikoality
    Correct. I can't even interact with the letter box.

• UbiKoality

@meiagius Thank you for confirming! My apologies once again for this inconvenience. At this time, this appears to be intended. I'm sorry about the confusion that has been caused! Another player wrote a separate post here explaining how they would like the option to re-read the letters sent to Eivor. It sounds like the same situation you're experiencing since you are not able to interact with the letters in the box and they are not visible in your bag. However, UbiT00n has forwarded that player's feedback up to the relevant team so I will be sure to include yours as well. Although I cannot promise anything, hopefully this feature gets reviewed and you will be able to revisit those letters in the future. 🙂

Official Response
  • Sarkule
    1 posts

@ubikoality

I'm having the same issue as the original poster and the issue isn't that you can't re-read letters, the issue is that if you have multiple letters in your letter box after you read the first one it closes and you can't read the other unread letters, then later you don't receive any more.

I have completed the main story and I only received follow up letters from Geadric and Bishop Doerlaf. I have found out that you're supposed to get letters from multiple people upon completing their alliance pledge.

This isn't about not being able to revisit letters, it is about the content being completely inaccessible.

• UbiKoality

@sarkule Thank you for providing some additional details for me! I apologize for the inconvenience that this may have caused you, as it sounds like an annoying problem to deal with. I can certainly get this reported. Do you have any similar videos of the issue? I would be glad to include them in my report.

Official Response
  • whlsk3ydoq
    2 posts

I couldn’t find any answered questions about this.

So I know I have at least 2 letters in my letter box in the longhouse but it won’t let me view any of them. I’ve tried everything I can think of that might fix it but as I’ve made alliances/conquered all the territories I won’t be getting anymore letters that I know of. I’m not sure what to do.

• UbiKobold
    Ubisoft Support Staff 687 posts

@whlsk3ydoq Hello! I hope you are having a good day and thank you for reaching out! I am sorry you have not been able to read these letters! Do you know who the letters were from? Also, could you provide a video showing this from your gameplay? Just post it to YouTube as unlisted and then send me the link here.

Additionally, you mentioned trying a few things to fix this, could you list everything you have tried so far?

Official Response
  • whlsk3ydoq
    2 posts
    @whlsk3ydoq Hello! I hope you are having a good day and thank you for reaching out! I am sorry you have not been able to read these letters! Do you know who the letters were from? Also, could you provide a video showing this from your gameplay? Just post it to YouTube as unlisted and then send me the link here.

Additionally, you mentioned trying a few things to fix this, could you list everything you have tried so far?

I am, thank you! You as well! Thanks for replying!
    I only know of having one from Tewdwer specifically. There might’ve been another one but I’m not 100% sure. The last one I read was from a king I believe. Haven’t been able to open it since. Unless letters that aren’t read after a specific time frame disappear then I have no idea.

I hope it’s worth something. If not, let me know.

I’ve tried sleeping for days, meditating and trying to find other npcs that might send a letter but I’ve yet to figure anything out. I’ve searched the internet over and over but I haven’t found a solution.

• hheywood
    46 posts

Why can I only ever read one mailbox item?

I had three items show up, I read one, and then I cannot access the others.

How do I access the others?

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1750 posts

Hello @hheywood,

Thanks for reaching out!

I'm really sorry but I didn't quite catch it, I'm afraid. Can you please confirm what items are you referring to as ''mailbox items''? Do you mean letters sent by Ranvi that you can access in your quarters by any chance?

Many thanks!

Official Response
  • SpirantCrayon22
    642 posts

@ubi-mark

I am fairly sure that these are items sent by the likes of Vili. They appear in the box in Eivor's room (go on, on the right; the Ravensthorpe upgrade notes from Randvi are on the left). The problem is that they have to be read in a specific order. I noticed this at one point when I had three in there, I read the one at the top of the list and the other two letters vanished. I had just saved the game so went back and started at the bottom, then I could read all of them - and get Hemming's Axe or whatever axe it was.

• hheywood
    46 posts

@spirantcrayon22

Yes that’s exactly the issue.

• UbiKobold
    Ubisoft Support Staff 687 posts

Hello and sorry for the delay, but thank you for this detailed description of the issue that you both have encountered. Would either of you be able to gather and send a video showing that you are unable to access the other items in your mailbox? For a video, just post it to YouTube as unlisted and then send me the link here. Also, SpirantCrayon22, you play on Xbox One correct?

Official Response
  • SpirantCrayon22
    642 posts

@ubikobold

Thank you for responding. Yes, I play on Xbox One. I am not sure how it's possible to reproduce this to make a video; I finished the game weeks ago, all letters have been read.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2468 posts

@MeIagius @Lavender_Gooms @Mastemo523 @Sarkule @whlsk3ydoq Hi all,

I have merged all of your posts into one thread as you all appear to be experiencing the same issue. Could you all confirm if you are still experiencing this issue as your posts were from a few months ago. And can you also remember the last letter you read before the issue occurred?

@hheywood Just to confirm do you have the latest game update installed? And can you remember the last letter you read before this issue occurred?

@SpirantCrayon22 That's ok I understand it will not be possible to provide a video of this now all of the letters have been read. Can you remember the last letter you read before you experienced the issue?

Official Response

Suggested Topics