Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Yesin069
    Original poster 554 posts

As the title suggests, the new update will be up soon. On Twitter @PlaystationSize tweeted that the update was added to the PS5 database today.

Maybe we get an announcement today and the patch will be up tomorrow, but it is more likely to be released next thursday on the 29th of april.

The new update will also reduce the total size of the game but this does not mean that the update needs to be small...

Hopefully this update will focus fully on bugfixes that plague us since launch...

Source:
    undefined

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• OrcBeard92
    152 posts

@yesin069 This is good news. Was starting to think we'd need to wait for the release of the DLC in May to get another full patch.

• Yesin069

@orcbeard92

Hopefully we also get a new patch when the DLC launches. This would be a update-cycle that I would have liked since the launch of Valhalla. Every two weeks a smaller update and all annoying bugs would be ironed out by now. We would have lost nothing by now if Ubisoft just focused on bugfixes, without any care for those events and game modes...

Without those filler events and game modes we would talk about the second DLC by now and not about a delay for the first one. This all to stretch the time for the next AC.

• OrcBeard92
    152 posts

@yesin069 I think part of it is the roadmap they have laid out. They feel the need to stick very hard to it, releasing it whether it's fully ready or not, as opposed to releasing it in a more organic way. It means they've left a lot of stuff behind, when they were already clearly behind schedule due to Covid etc.

Origins and Odyssey had roadmaps too of course, and they were in a more ideal environment. But Odyssey certainly did a better job at adapting to problems as they arose. It's not 100% the devs fault though, just an unfortunate circumstance and a rush to get the game out.

The festivals we've seen, Yule/Ostara, have definitely shown that, as well as the very hit and miss patches. Some stuff gets fixed, other bits get broken.

It's a strange thing that I actually breathed a sigh of relief when they announced that the Ireland DLC was delayed. As you say; hopefully this means we get back on track, with the additional time they've allowed themselves this time. More quality updates, over quantity. (I don't think anyone would have cared if Yule or Ostara were delayed either).

• Yesin069

@orcbeard92

Origins' roadmap just went until march and Odyssey's until july. Origins had the best roadmap in my opinion. A game like Valhalla also should be feature complete with all DLC in march or april. No need to stretch it out over a whole year. Also there isn't much more content. The content we got post-launch in Origins and Odyssey was even more than now and we got features like transmog and NG+ a lot faster. NG+ was already in both games by now.

Also they cant delay the events because they are linked to the real seasons and Ubisoft really wants to stick to those dates, even if they are not ready and have to let their devs work overtime.

The limited events are nothing i would call "content". IF yo ustart playing Valhalla today you already missed those, so it is nothing to care about which makes it even funnier that the devs are worried that gamers will miss those events in NG+. Many already missed them and nobody cares.

When Ubisoft really cares that much that nobody misses any contnt, they shouldn do time limited events in the first place...

• Garbo3
    778 posts

@yesin069 just noticed new trophies regarding to Ireland have been added to the trophy list.

• TORFINR
    371 posts

So what can we expect?
    My wild guess:

• 10 bugs corrected
    • 25 bugs added
    • 5 new armors in the cash shop

• Yesin069

The update will be released on april the 27th!

undefined

• TORFINR
    371 posts

@yesin069 You're working for Ubi$oft or what?!
    Oh I got it, you try to hype us. players having half of brains are not fooled by Valhalla's update since November 2020. Can they prove us wrong?(I doubt it)

• Yesin069

@torfinr

No of course not! 😂

I just want to finish the game but sadly some quests are bugged for me, so i am waiting for this patch. After I finished it I will uninstall the game and wait until early 2022 to play the DLC's and NG+.

It is just a good step from Ubisoft to finally talk to us about their update policy. This should have been done since November but better late than never.

• Garbo3
    778 posts

@yesin069 mate I appreciate your updates. Thanks for keeping us up to date. 🙂

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics