Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• alx1231
    Original poster 21 posts

I searched the forum and it seems a lot of people brought up this issue at or around launch but none of the threads get very far. It is pretty clear that there is some sort of issue with the HDR that causes the image to appear washed out. Now, I've played most of the game with HDR turned off as a result but it would be nice if Ubi decided to actually fix the issue. All of their other games I've played on my PS5 have excellent HDR. Both Assassin's Creed Orgins and Odyssey really nail it but even non AC games have done an incredible job with HDR (Watch Dogs Legion and Immortals look great) so why is AC: Valhalla the only Ubi game that has this issue? I've read on reddit that it could be a glitch related to the way the game handles it's RGB settings but I am not familiar enough with that to really understand it. Is it possible that Ubisoft will fix it or is that just wishful thinking?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Spud
    Ubisoft Support Staff 702 posts

@alx1231 Hey there, thanks for getting in touch and I apologise that you are having issues with the HDR features in the game. I've had a look at the forums and can see quite a few threads about this, so I'll get this up to the developers to see if anything can be done. They were made aware of some issues with the HDR settings in general, but we can get more specific.

To that end, could you provide a few comparison screenshots so I can submit these as part of the report?

Official Response
  • alx1231
    Original poster 21 posts
    @alx1231 Hey there, thanks for getting in touch and I apologise that you are having issues with the HDR features in the game. I've had a look at the forums and can see quite a few threads about this, so I'll get this up to the developers to see if anything can be done. They were made aware of some issues with the HDR settings in general, but we can get more specific.

To that end, could you provide a few comparison screenshots so I can submit these as part of the report?

It's really hard to share exactly what something looks like in HDR through pictures. The closest I could get are these two images and even then I don't think they do justice to how blurry the image looks in HDR. Still because you require it here goes: This is the HDR image and this is the SDR image. Again, I don't really think these are the best representations of my issue but I am not really sure how else to display it.

• alx1231
    Original poster 21 posts

Is there any update on this? It doesn't seem like you moved forward with this.

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1075 posts

Hello @alx1231 thank you for coming back to us.

This issue was reported and under investigation, but we only ever received examples from two other players. Are you able to provide us with an updated video or a few screenshots of how this appears for you in-game and in addition to this, could you tell me what monitor/model of TV it is you are using?

The images you originally posted have expired and I would like to see what this looks like for you now, after update 1.3.0

Official Response

Suggested Topics