Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Savagenation69
    Original poster 38 posts

Hello, I play AC Valhalla on PC with mechanical keyboard and mouse. I always play my Open World RPG games on the hardest mode possible and I can't play any other way, its just what I do. However, after my first 5 hours of playing, I found it extremely difficult to Dodge using the defaulted "ALT" key. Since I have completed and played all the Witcher games and recently completed AC Odyssey, I got very fond and comfortable using the Spacebar for Dodging.

So I changed my Dodge command from "Alt" to Spacebar. My question is will this be an issue in any scenario going forward in this game?

I noticed after making the change, I was given a warning for possible conflict with Parkour. I figure I won't need to climb or swim when I am dodging punches, axe swings and wolf lunges. I am currently assuming this will be fine. However, I do wonder about being able to climb using spacebar when I decide to flee during an encounter. Will this effect or cause me issues down the road? Please let me know.

Thank you!

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Savagenation69
    Original poster 38 posts

@savagenation69 Can I get any response on this topic? Anyone with technical knowledge that can confirm or provide suggestions and incite? Is this site even active?

• UbiKobold
    Ubisoft Support Staff 682 posts

Hey, and thanks for your patience! When you switched your Dodge command to Spacebar, did you leave the Parkour command as Spacebar? If so, then this could potentially cause some issues in the scenario that you gave of fleeing from an encounter. However, if the commands are on different keys then it shouldn't cause any issue. I personally have not tried this or seen reports of this issue. You may be able to use the same Spacebar command for both Dodge and Parkour, but if you do run into any difficulties then I would suggest splitting up the commands. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Official Response
  • katzenkrimis71
    216 posts

@savagenation69

Yes, it's horribly set up when you first start playing as a keyboard and mouse gamer. That's because they are catering to console gamers.

I rebind my keys to have Q as my climbing key and space bar to dodge.

Not sure what other changes I've made but that's the two you were asking about. I have no problems playing this game with keyboard and mouse. Once you get the hang of your keys and have hundreds of hours of practice, you can dance around and fight anything with ease.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics