Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• BruceHillRacing
    Original poster 41 posts

If this is really what they go through to test stuff on the game and with bug fixing, why are there so many issues with it and why has this game been dumbed down so much from Odyssey. Its seriously like someone played the Witcher 3, and copied a load of ideas, half arsed them into Valhalla and that trend was basically the staple for the entire game. I know comparing to the Witcher 3 (Probably best single player open world game ever made) but its should be at least superior to Odyssey.

Issue Identification

• The dev team identifies a new issue either through our own Quality Assurance team (QA) or through bug reports.
    • Flagged issues are categorized and prioritized based on frequency, severity, and/or player impact. (E.g. Main quest progression blockers will generally see a higher priority than side content or quality of life issues)
    1. Reproduction
      • QA will attempt to reproduce flagged issues and pass them on to the dev team for further investigation if successful.
      • We’re not always able to reproduce an issue on our side. When this happens, we may provide a partial solution if available or ask for more information.
      • The more information you can provide when reporting a bug, the better. (Detailed bug descriptions, videos/screenshots, and game saves are generally what we’re looking for.)
    2. Solution
      • Our development team investigates the cause of flagged issues and works toward a solution.
      • This step can take up to several days depending on the complexity of an issue.
    • Our list of common issues is updated based on the current status:
      • Under Investigation = The team is actively investigating the issue but has not found a solution just yet.
      • Addressed with future title updates = Our team has found a solution.
      • While this is great news, this does not mean a fix is ready for the next title update.
    1. Internal Testing
    • We have two teams auditing our Title Updates. Inside each development team, Quality Control verifies the integrity of the fix before leaving the studio, while our Quality Assurance confirms the quality of our Title Updates at large.
      • If a fix did not work, or causes a regression (return to a less-developed state) with other systems, we’ll go back to Step 3.
      • This step can take anywhere from several hours to days depending on the complexity of the fix.
    1. Submission to platform partners
      • We prepare a title update with all verified fixes and send it to our various platform partners for approval. This is known as “First-Party Submission.”
      • This step may range anywhere from a day to a week and is usually reached a few days before you see the patch notes going live on our website. We then proceed to prepare the title update for deployment across platforms in the days to come.
    2. Title Update Deployment
      • The fixes officially made it! The new title update is now ready to be deployed across platforms. And after all that still doesnt work 😠

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• lemmie88
    182 posts

@brucehillracing
    I smell bs. 💩 I remember TU 1.1.1(?) notes said the big flatfish/mackerel situation was fixed and it wasn't. I get that there can be unpredictable and unforeseen issues that crop up, but this was specifically and explicitly stated. And so obviously not tested. And what about the widespread, cross-platform crashing that happened with Ostara?

I think for Ubi "passes QA" means "did not implode my system". 🤭

• katzenkrimis71
    162 posts

Witcher 3 (Probably best single player open world game ever made)

=====

No way. Witcher III had its own problems, too. The third person camera was a disaster, especially in close quarters.

And combat was poorly done. It was your typical console cheese. Far too easy.

That game excelled in areas like writing and visuals but it was all downhill from there, including the next game that CDPR made, which was even worse.

You're right about this bizarre, overly detailed job description that Ubisoft released. They didn't need to do that. We know what they do for a living. If they needed more time they could have just said, "______ just got real. We need three weeks."

• longjohn119
    609 posts

@katzenkrimis71 Their main problem was they kept adding new content on top of Bugs which makes it that much harder to fix existing bugs ..... They did this like 5 times or more

They should have stopped adding new content until they got the bugs worked out of the main game ...... Now you have Bugs on top of Bugs on top of more Bugs, etc. and it's no longer manageable ..... Delaying the DLC is a start but it will be completely meaningless if there are still a ton of Bugs when they do release it

If I were troubleshooting this I'd treat it the same way I do hardware problems, I'd strip it down to the base components (Day one release) fix all the bugs, then add a piece of new content and fix those bugs and repeat ..... Let's take a computer problem as an example, what I would do is strip it down to CPU, Memory (Maybe only one or two sticks), GPU (If one is built into the CPU like many Intel's I would use that) and a single drive, get that working properly and then add one component at a time until I had everything added and stable

• Kormac67
    653 posts

Well, I believe this Issue Identification Strategy is just so much BS.
    We have had multiple examples where they reported fixes for a certain patch (like with duplicate items) and it simply was not true.
    Under Investigation = The team is actively investigating the issue Yeah, sure. Many issues have been "under investigation" for months. If people "actively investigate" for MONTHS without finding a solution they are useless.
    The Holy Grail of Reproduction - if they have a clear description what went wrong a stern look at their code should be more helpful to get a fix. Like the "Sunniva is dead" bug - find the place where a "dead" state gets saved for an NPC, remove it, done.
    Still if people report errors they should have access to their cloud saves anyway and be able to quickly see the problem. Seeing a derailed game logic does not necessarily tell you how exactly the game got derailed in the first place though. That's where you have to look at the code instead.

And adding content is not part of the problem. Most problems are independent of new content and can be tracked and fixed just as well even if changes are made in other places meanwhile.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics