Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Polyedra
    Original poster 84 posts

Speed, I feel, is so god damn good! I think it's the best stat. It's defensive too, cuz when in frenzy, as always, u gona land that hit before the dodge.. cuz we both know u waiting with the dodge so u don't cancel the attack before that bloody [censored] dies!
    But then, like for thegn's, that crit dmg doe 0.0 those are big numbers.. 20?? that a lot of them points. 10 crit and 20(!) crit dmg. But ya, the parrying... I mean, against tougher guys, is this better? It more of that raw male ferocity, innit.. but problem is that while thegn haz moar armer and burst dmg, it's situational and u need to be careful on how u play it, meaning u won't be hammering left button on downed targets.. meaning they live, which is actually bad news. On this though! You can Stomp them without losing the buff, which is great. That, in my book, put stomp right up there at good talents. It's great in the beginning when damage is low but I've felt it lacks damage later and the animation really do put u in danger. It's somewhat reckless, but on the other hand it is a mobility option at times.

Anyway, which one is bestest then?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• xtracker85
    46 posts

Both are good armor sets, but it really depends on your playstyle. I've been using the Thegn armor because it works really well with my weapon choice (Bearded axe in main hand and dagger in offhand). Enemies rarely get knocked down due to me often using the dagger's special attack to keep them stunlocked, so I get to capitalize on the armor's buffs most of the time.

Also, I'm already getting a speed bonus from having a diamond rune (Chained Swiftness Rune) slotted in another gear, so the Thegn armor is the best choice for me.

• Polyedra
    Original poster 84 posts

@xtracker85 I do thegn cuz it's cool.. I doubt it's actually better for me. I run with dual daggers. Tried hammers and hammer and dagger. I will absolutely return to hammer and dagger, but i feel that double daggers is unbeatable. I hear the whispering of dual spears being the path to true cheese but I feel the daggers are cooler, it doesn't interest me with spears. Two handed mace, doe, that interests me but isn't in the game yet.
    It's a problem with thegn and hammer, that the hammer knocks everyone down right as rain. But i mean, it's a good thing mostly and thegn's best when ur up against someone that a bit tougher that u don't knock over very easily.. this is also when u need the bonus the most. And also: this is the time where a good parry and some well placed retaliative attacks is great, and thegn owns that.. u don't need to constant damage with thegn's to keep the buff up as for mentor.. but then again, having dual daggers that isn't a difficult task and if the buff happen to drop, it back up as soon as u land some hits.
    You're right it's about playstyle I guess.. I feel speed is owning doe..

U really lucky with that rune! I got magisters (10 evasion at night) and other rune, assassin rune i think.. hidden ones rune that give something for backstabs when hidden for ten seconds.. i not gona hide xP that not at all how i play. i subtle as a brick, actually 😛 unless i am up against difficult enemies. then i skulk in darkness, ofc, and then the rune will be useful too i suppose.. i could hit and run with it, cuz the buff is long i think.. probably 30 seconds.

ty for replying, i fancy the chat 🙂

• xtracker85
    46 posts

If you're trying to go for a crit build but feel the Thegn armor set isn't to your liking, you can always get your crit stats up from other gear items as well. You can try using Suttungr's claw (Increase Critical Damage after each hit) and Viper bow (Increase Critical Chance after each hit). It'll achieve the same result. You don't necessarily need to use Thegn armor set to get your crit stats that high anyway because all stats have some sort of hidden soft cap (which most people don't realize).

At the end of the day, just use whatever armor that you like and use runes and perks to cover the areas that you are lacking. Hope that helps.

• Polyedra
    Original poster 84 posts

@xtracker85 yea well, it's just banter.. np here, friend!
    and ya, i using those rn. i went with jörd's for the moment, cuz cool. poison is worse than fire doe, in most cases. Working on getting kopis now. it sorta annoying cuz dagger so far into the story and so good.. like, imo, the rune on it is required for a dagger build and it goes super well with suttungr's. I had that and also crit rune for light armor (which doesn't seem to work together with feather runes btw) and it was great. deleted that one doe. so now, not so hot on runes.. got very lucky first run.
    Got some plans on re-running this and trying to grind runes from 340 with advanced assassination. I figure that should be eze enough even before 100 if only specced for assassination. maybe as early as 50 this route for runes is possible, idk. I am curious though.
    ty for input. I like thegn anyway. I think 20 crit dmg is so big and the crit is good also. I pick haste runes for my daggers but i really wonder if it isn't the crit dmg runes that is the best.. i'm really into crits, naturally xD

• davidtsmith333
    42 posts

I used Mentor's previously which worked great for me. Stayed with that for a good while then I got Hel's Damnation which I loved and kept that for a good while too. Some time after following reviews Thegn's armour set I found ranking No. 1 so I tried that and found it to be really good with its high crits. It's a bit heavier but what I did was to slot a couple speed runes in the mix and that sped him up. Excellent armour set deservedly of its high ranking. I'm using Thor's armour set now ever since getting it's armour and weapons (Hammer and also Excalibur and Odin's spear).

• Polyedra
    Original poster 84 posts

@davidtsmith333 haven't found all that stuff and the weapons don't really interest me. I want runes doe. gona make post about that.
    anyway: like, ya; thegn doe, it very good set for the more advanced. powerful without being busted together with requiring u to perform. Great set. But eze: i think mentor. And like, ultimately: I think eze gona win. winz every time, actually. So while the potential of thegn's is higher, I think mentor gona win from simplicity alone. Just hit the guy and u get speed+dmg, wat moar can a drengir ever hope for to get eze like that :))

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics