Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• ThatDeadDude
    Original poster 3 posts

Hi,

Since I started playing months ago, I have regularly suffered game crashes. They seem to be less frequent now, but still happen almost every time I play the game. However it usually takes an hour or two before it happens.

At the moment I suspect it's somehow linked to cloud saving/stats. It mostly happens just at the sort of moment that the game would be autosaving (quest checkpoint for example) but a recent occurrence was at the moment I lit the last signal fire on Hadrian's wall so achievement events might cause it too. Note that the saves are not successful when this happens - I am kicked back to my previous save.
    The crashes can happen in any region. This might be biased memory, but they do seem to be less likely to be caused by saves that occur as I exit the player menu - it's mostly while I'm traversing the world or about to finish a quest as mentioned above.

Sometimes I notice other odd bugs just before it happens. The most memorable one was finishing the Jotunheim questline, during the cutscene with the Nornir after beating Fenrir. Large parts of the cutscene were just a random unlit piece of geometry without camera movement, but audio was fine. The crash occurred just at the end of the cutscene after Havi got up. After the crash, loading fortunately put me after the Fenrir fight but before the cutscene, and this time the cutscene worked fine.

I almost always submit the automatic crash reports, but not sure if you can tie them back to this post.

I hope you are able to work out what's happening.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• ubi-smash
    Ubisoft Support Staff 484 posts

Sorry to hear this has been a constant issue in Valhalla, @thatdeaddude. While crash reports are share with a separate team, would you be willing to submit a support ticket with your MSINFO and DxDIAG files attached? This will help us take a closer look into what might be causing these crashes for you.

Official Response
  • ThatDeadDude
    Original poster 3 posts

Thanks @ubi-smash . I have submitted the ticket (although I had to use a different region to my own to be able to).

• ubi-smash

@thatdeaddude No problem! Sorry for the issues with creating your ticket earlier, but I was able to see your case submitted. However, would you be able to resent the MSINFO file as an NFO file? This will help us read over your PC specs a little better to see what might be going on.

Official Response
  • ThatDeadDude
    Original poster 3 posts

@ubi-smash I somehow missed that you guys had responded here too! Sorry about that. Took a while for me to do reinstalls etc, but crashes still happening (possibly lower frequency?). I have submitted nfo in proper format now too.

• ubi-smash

@thatdeaddude Much appreciated! 🙂

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics