Unsolved Audio stutters / cuts out / is delayed | POST HERE1 Likes/45 Replies/1013 Views
LemmyJ 1 posts
I'm sure there are loads of topics for this but I figured I'd share my own experience.
When just running around in the open world, audio and video seems to be for the most part fine or at least getting issues happening so sparingly that it doesn't bother me that much. When in combat or around NPCs however, audio will randomly cut out (but the game is still running) or my game will freeze for 1-3 seconds also with audio cutting out.
Not having any issues on my hardware side, no overheating, lowered graphic quality for kicks and gigs, did the "Adaptive" graphic quality option as well. For reference i7-7700k and a GTX 2080, 16GB RAM. I am using a wired controller.
Really disappointing that this is happening, but hopefully they will have it patched because so far I have enjoyed the environment and the combat. It feels great and I want to experience it more without these stutters in gameplay.
Ubisoft; your audio is horrid it makes me quite sad,
look at my videos and see why i'm mad.
Patch it with haste or see us rebel,
or can only CDPR make a game well?
I enjoy your game greatly, but the sound has me stunned,
please acknowledge these issues, or else i'll refund.
chalupazbatman 2 posts
@nonax85 This is an issue that has been plaguing the game with little to no Ubisoft employees addressing it. Today @Ubi-Woofer posted a megathread of reported issues and the audio is pretty much non-existent from their acknowledgement. Hopefully someone will address this audio issue, but for now it really kills the experience.
here's another in-game gameplay gem (no spoilerinos), my game needs speech therapy cause this audio stuttering isn't going away.
Ubi-Woofer 1334 posts
Hello to you both! I saw that I'd been tagged in here, and just wanted to hop in and reassure you all that we are not ignoring any issues raised to us - there's just an incredible amount of posts being made right now, and we're doing our best to get to everyone!
nonAx85, thank you for bringing the issues you've been experiencing with audio stutters / skips to our attention, and for being so proactive in providing videos as well. I can fully appreciate how that would be immersion-breaking and unpleasant to deal with. If possible, could you elaborate as to how long you've been experiencing these issues, and whether you are using a headset or speaker set-up while playing? Have you checked that your audio drivers are fully updated and there are no background applications causing interference as well? Once I have these extra details, I'll look into whether others have been having a similar experience and get this reported forward for you.
LemmyJ, I merged your thread with this one as it seems to cover a similar topic - I hope that you don't mind! Thanks for reaching out about the issues you've been experiencing as well. You've mentioned using a wired controller to play - do you also have your keyboard and mouse still plugged in, and do you swap between the two control schemes at all? Have you tested with your keyboard and mouse disconnected?
chalupazbatman, the thread I have created will be continuously updated as we put threads together for common themes; as nonAx85 has noted above, there seems to be a few different audio issues being discussed at the moment, so I'm hesitant to merge too many threads together until we've identified each of those and have a main thread identified per issue.
@ubi-woofer Thank you for replying and acknowledging these issues, it's great comfort to be heard, no pun intended.
As to your questions:
- How long i've experienced these issues: I'd say they didn't become noticeable to me until i was around 20-30 hours into the game, once i started exploring England. Now they are quite constant, very slight periods of relief, then back to audio stuttering.
- Headset or speaker: I'm using headsets. I've tried two different ones. One is HyperX Cloud Flight, tried both wireless and wired. The other is a Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro, wired.
- Drivers: I have ran windows update and extra checked in device manager that all drivers are up to date. Same with GFX card, also tried older GFX drivers to no avail. Have also installed "Driver Easy" and made sure every single driver on my PC is up to snuff.
- Background applications: I've ran the game with normal applications up as well as Google Chrome and my 80+ tabs. Also ran the game after a fresh restart, exiting all unnecessary applications and just running the game, no difference.
- Bought the game from Epic so launched from there.
- Have tried disabling full screen optimization on AVC.exe as well as leaving it enabled.
- Have tried disconnecting all bluetooth devices as well as disabling bluetooth in windows.
- Have tried Hybrid, Mouse & Keyboard and Controller only settings independently. Have also tried Mouse & Keyboard with controller disconnected. Have also tried two different controllers, XBOX Elite Series 1 and 2.
- I have tried veryfing game files, deleting sound files then verifying again, uninstalling and reinstalling on same SSD drive, uninstalling and reinstalling on different SSD drive.
- I've tried changing the virtual memory paging file size for the SSD the game is installed on.
- Have messed around with in-game GFX settings, HDR on and off, i've tried launching on different monitors.
- My main PC speccs are: Intel i9-9900k, RTX 2080TI, 32gb RAM.
NOTE: I am running a multi-monitor setup, 3 to be specific, Samsung Odyssey G7 (main monitor with G-Sync enabled), Samsung C32HG70 and an Acer XB271HU all DVI connected. I have NOT tried running just one monitor yet, that will probably be my next attempt.
Bonus bonus: another video of me stuttering around in Ravensthorpe, ignore the scuffed gfx, i don't think shadowplay records HDR;
all that effort and i make the spelling error in the abbreviation of the game
DoezerX 9 posts
I can't remember of any time I got ambient music. I'm in a special place that you can only access after building the volva house (dont want to spoil) and there is no ambient music whatsoever too, which feels like it's missing for such a place.
It can't not be a bug, please...
I have no idea what's going on, today i booted up my game and managed to play the entire Suthsexe story arc without a single stutter, then i shut down the game and went to eat dinner. Got back, booted it up again and now the stutter is back...
Hunterr12 31 posts
I haven't played too much yet but I did notice that it seems to like to cut out a lot whenever opening and closing the map. Like environmental audio will stop and foot steps in the snow no longer make noise etc.
Hunterr12 31 posts
I noticed the stuttering sounds on start up a few times. Oddly what fixed it for me was changing the refresh rate in the options menu and then switching it back. Though not a permanent fix as you would have to do it whenever it occurs.
Chomps07 2 posts
I have this same issue using the Razer Kaira Pro. If I leave my controller idle the sound gets interference. Once I move the joystick the interference stops. The issue is with the new controller. I used my old xbox controller and I have no headphone interference. Hope this gets patched so that I can go back to the new series x controller.
DemonI81 16 posts
Interesting. I'll have to give it a try with some of my old controllers and also without headphones.
I'm using the Turtle Beach S600 Gen2 BTW, which I do not recommend, they're super tight on the head and the earcuffs are kinda small. Wish I returned them but the Razer set I wanted was sold out.