Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• UbiKoality
    Community Manager 440 posts

@afitgera Hey there! My apologies for the delayed response to your post. I'm also extremely sorry for the inconvenience or frustration that this audio bug may have caused you. Your disappointment is completely understandable here! With that being said, please first try completing the steps we have listed in our technical troubleshooting guide. Then, if those steps do not help, would you be able to provide videos exhibiting this bug for me? I would be glad to get them reported to the team for you!

Official Response
  • newmodelno115
    3 posts

@tiffanya-15 I wish I was just getting horrible audio; I'm getting like only the reverb effects in character dialogue and not getting the main dialogue audio at all. Like I can hear the voices echoing in the cave, but not the voice itself. Really bizarre.

• carpetmonster88
    14 posts

I'm having this issue too. I was playing origins and odyssey-both games without any sound problems. Here in valhalla sound is... just terrible. Echo in every dialogue and all sounds out of balance. You cannot hear npc standing on front of you but you hear loud and clear some guy walking two streets away. Soundtrack for the game is great, but i know this only by using spotify-in the game music is so quiet that in most occasions you won't be able to notice that anything is playing in the background. Game itself looks great but because of that sound quality I have stopped to play and started to think about refund.

• FaSkiL.css
    3 posts

@klamhest I have the same issue, is there a way to fix it ?

• FaSkiL.css
    3 posts

Hey,

Any news about this bug ?

It's annoying at best but it's giving me actual headache...

• Klamhest
    10 posts

@faskil-css Nope, but audio issues is under their megathread now. so we can only wait and see

• UbiKoality

@bozydar44 Hello! My apologies for the delayed reply. I'm also extremely sorry that you were experiencing this bug in Assassin's Creed Valhalla. Can you please complete the rest of our technical troubleshooting guide to see if those steps help? Also, are you using a headset or your computer speakers?

Official Response
  • UbiKoality

@zhead_ Hey there, apologies for the delay! Thank you for including these links for me. I'm sorry that you and other players have been experiencing these issues! Can you please complete our technical troubleshooting guide and let me know if you're using a headset or speakers?

Official Response
  • TheAffs
    1 posts

@grand_alf Glad this isn’t just me, thought I was going mad. Cutscene dialogue sounds ok but running around, Eivor’s dialogue and grunts sound distorted and echo-y, a bit robotic, as do the clanks of the axe. Thought it was the new TV I’d bought which worried me briefly!

• zhead_
    31 posts

@ubikoality Thank you for your reply.
    I did follow the troubleshoot. issues persist. I'm using an headset (surround sound disabled). I've also checked with other headsets and speakers and it's the same.
    I'm fairly certain the issue is not related to my PC. I haven't seen a gameplay on youtube with propper sound, even if players don't realise (some of them play on console on TV).
    If you check for gameplays where the game starts, young Eivor sounds robotic in all of them which is just a good example of high frequency cutoff (kids have high pitch voices).

The main thread for the sound issues seems to have a nice compilation of all the issues stated a bit here and there

• HieromAlex
    31 posts

I think there is less reverb on dialogues. but overall yeah the quality remains poor

• PleDaruZ
    2 posts

Their new patch did not fix this problem.
    Still have massive echo and the game is just annoying to play. Already requested a refund. Might buy it again in half a year after their "beta testing" is over.
    What a joke.

• Bozydar44-
    4 posts

@ubikoality Hello, technical troubleshooting didn't work, i'm using headset with usb sound card(logitech g pro x), but I also tested other headset and via 3,5mm jack and same result as on video.

• Bozydar44-
    4 posts

@ubikoality also on the same PC I was playing ac:origins and I have exactly same problem, and on ps4 when I play ac:odyssey sound was great

• UbiKoality

@zhead_ Thank you so much for the additional information! I greatly appreciate it and will be sure to include it in my report. Do you experience this all throughout the game or does it seem worse in certain areas?

Official Response
  • UbiKoality

@bozydar44 I appreciate the details! Just to confirm, does this happen everywhere in the game or does it seem worse in specific areas? Also, when did you first notice it?

Official Response
  • zhead_
    31 posts

@ubikoality Every part of the game. This is an issue that affects all audio but is more noticeable in dialogs and harsh sound effects (such as feet landing in hard surfaces, steel clashing and so on).

• UbiKoality

@zhead_ Wonderful, thank you for providing that detail. I've just forwarded this information to the team. I'd advise checking here for updates on the state of the game. Thank you so much for your patience!

Official Response
  • carpetmonster88
    14 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • carpetmonster88
    14 posts

@ubi-woofer

Did you start to play Valhalla before the initial game updates were released?
    Started the game after official release date.
    What is your platform, and if on PC, what are your system specs? (CPU, GPU, RAM, etc.)
    intel i5 8600k, GTX 1070TI, 16 GB RAM, [MSI] Z370-A PRO motherboard
    What is your audio set-up? Are you using a headset (wired or wireless?), a speaker system, a surround sound system, etc.?
    wired headphones (tried two different types and the same sound quality on both)
    What audio output is in use? 7.1, 5.1, Surround, Stereo?
    Stereo
    A video demonstrating the issues you are experiencing.
    I am unable to provide that but there is a lot of videos added to this thread, my issue is the same as on those files. ehoe vocies, no balance in sounds (some sounds too loud when other too quiet) etc.

I had no problems with Origins, no problems in Odyssey but Valhalla with current sound issues is unplayable for me.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics