Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• UbiKoality
    Community Manager 440 posts

@zhead_ Hey there, apologies for the delay! Thank you for including these links for me. I'm sorry that you and other players have been experiencing these issues! Can you please complete our technical troubleshooting guide and let me know if you're using a headset or speakers?

Official Response
  • TheAffs
    1 posts

@grand_alf Glad this isn’t just me, thought I was going mad. Cutscene dialogue sounds ok but running around, Eivor’s dialogue and grunts sound distorted and echo-y, a bit robotic, as do the clanks of the axe. Thought it was the new TV I’d bought which worried me briefly!

• zhead_
    31 posts

@ubikoality Thank you for your reply.
    I did follow the troubleshoot. issues persist. I'm using an headset (surround sound disabled). I've also checked with other headsets and speakers and it's the same.
    I'm fairly certain the issue is not related to my PC. I haven't seen a gameplay on youtube with propper sound, even if players don't realise (some of them play on console on TV).
    If you check for gameplays where the game starts, young Eivor sounds robotic in all of them which is just a good example of high frequency cutoff (kids have high pitch voices).

The main thread for the sound issues seems to have a nice compilation of all the issues stated a bit here and there

• HieromAlex
    27 posts

I think there is less reverb on dialogues. but overall yeah the quality remains poor

• PleDaruZ
    2 posts

Their new patch did not fix this problem.
    Still have massive echo and the game is just annoying to play. Already requested a refund. Might buy it again in half a year after their "beta testing" is over.
    What a joke.

• Bozydar44-
    4 posts

@ubikoality Hello, technical troubleshooting didn't work, i'm using headset with usb sound card(logitech g pro x), but I also tested other headset and via 3,5mm jack and same result as on video.

• Bozydar44-
    4 posts

@ubikoality also on the same PC I was playing ac:origins and I have exactly same problem, and on ps4 when I play ac:odyssey sound was great

• UbiKoality

@zhead_ Thank you so much for the additional information! I greatly appreciate it and will be sure to include it in my report. Do you experience this all throughout the game or does it seem worse in certain areas?

Official Response
  • UbiKoality

@bozydar44 I appreciate the details! Just to confirm, does this happen everywhere in the game or does it seem worse in specific areas? Also, when did you first notice it?

Official Response
  • zhead_
    31 posts

@ubikoality Every part of the game. This is an issue that affects all audio but is more noticeable in dialogs and harsh sound effects (such as feet landing in hard surfaces, steel clashing and so on).

• UbiKoality

@zhead_ Wonderful, thank you for providing that detail. I've just forwarded this information to the team. I'd advise checking here for updates on the state of the game. Thank you so much for your patience!

Official Response
  • carpetmonster88
    14 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • carpetmonster88
    14 posts

@ubi-woofer

Did you start to play Valhalla before the initial game updates were released?
    Started the game after official release date.
    What is your platform, and if on PC, what are your system specs? (CPU, GPU, RAM, etc.)
    intel i5 8600k, GTX 1070TI, 16 GB RAM, [MSI] Z370-A PRO motherboard
    What is your audio set-up? Are you using a headset (wired or wireless?), a speaker system, a surround sound system, etc.?
    wired headphones (tried two different types and the same sound quality on both)
    What audio output is in use? 7.1, 5.1, Surround, Stereo?
    Stereo
    A video demonstrating the issues you are experiencing.
    I am unable to provide that but there is a lot of videos added to this thread, my issue is the same as on those files. ehoe vocies, no balance in sounds (some sounds too loud when other too quiet) etc.

I had no problems with Origins, no problems in Odyssey but Valhalla with current sound issues is unplayable for me.

• Bozydar44-
    4 posts

@ubikoality its happens always and anywhere, first I notice this when Eivor talks in his mind, or to eagle when I use V

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 713 posts

@carpetmonster88 Thanks for providing these answers, I've sent them off to the developers now. 🙂 If you do have the opportunity to prepare a video in the future, we'd appreciate it, as although the issues you are having are similar to those of others, it's your personal experience we'd like to look at.

@CaptainStarPaw I already forwarded that link to your Reddit analysis of the audio earlier today, as you linked to it in a previous update to the thread - but thanks for sending the link over again 🙂 I've copied your responses to the direct questions and sent those over as well now. Your efforts in analysing these issues is duly noted and much appreciated. If you could just offer a more detailed breakdown of your PC specs, I think we've got everything else covered.

Official Response
  • zhead_
    31 posts

@ubi-woofer

Started playing on release day.

What is your platform, and if on PC, what are your system specs? (CPU, GPU, RAM, etc.)
    Processor: i7 6700k
    GPU: Nvidia RTX 2070 super
    Ram: 16GB 3200Mhz
    Motherboard: Asus maximus VIII Hero
    Headset: Logitech G633 Artemis Spectrum
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit - compilation number 19042
    Nvidia Drivers version: 457.30

DirectX, .net etc are updated.

What is your audio set-up? Are you using a headset (wired or wireless?), a speaker system, a surround sound system, etc.?
    Onboard audio
    Headset: Logitech G633 Artemis Spectrum, stereo (surround sound disabled. Enabling it in this game makes the sound even worse like 100 times)
    Same issues on other headsets (steelseries siberia V2) and even using external speakers.

What audio output is in use? 7.1, 5.1, Surround, Stereo?
    Stereo

A video demonstrating the issues you are experiencing.

First video is not mine. At 3:17m when young Eivar speaks, voice is completely weird and robotic. It gets even more noticeable at 3:52m. Its like this in every video on youtube.

I recorded this video as an example of dialog issues: Echo happens everywhere.

Example 2: Jumping always ends up in harsh landing sounds with echo and a lot of reverbation. This happens everywhere, being in closed spaces, forests, top of mountains. Also notice the whistle sounding bad.
    This is particularly noticeable after jumping from the horse at high speeds, jumping on top of buildings or surfaces made of wood or stone (even thought you can still notice it in dirty ground).

Example 3: Similiar to example 2 but at another location.

Example 4: Raiding. Echoing already present when the crew sings. Overall balance from fighting is all over the place. The most noticeable issue is when you can hear the enemy blades swinging close to your hears but then Ilook and they are fighting away from me. Finishers, battlecrys and everything in general sounds off.

There are plenty of other sound problems (ex: every sound is muffled) but it got to a point that my brain already ignores most of them 😞

• HieromAlex
    27 posts

@zhead_

I can rely on every videos you posted : the echo/reverberation on dialogues, on landings, or walking on all different surfaces, whatever in closed spaces or not ; the balance etc

although I think the "robotic" voice of young Eivor is intended, due to the fact that at this point we don't know if Eivor is a boy or a girl. it's my interpretation anyway

• ScruffyTaffer
    1 posts

Purchased it about a week ago

What is your platform?
    PS4

What is your audio set-up?
    Wired headset plugged into the controller

I noticed something was wrong right off the bat. As other people have mentioned when entering the hall as young Eivor the musicians instrument was near silent. All of Eivors dialogue also had an odd echo or reverb to it. I have also had several instances of characters lines being delayed then proceeding to speak overtop of other characters when they begin to speak late. Muffled effects and strange random changes in the volume are also common.

It's really a shame because I've been enjoying the rest of what the game has to offer but the audio problems are jarring and frequent enough that I'm just shelving the game until it's fixed.

• UnehreDuHalunke
    3 posts

Every time a character speaks it has a weird echoing sound effect, this seems to be a common issue, but I haven't found a solution yet.

• Ubi-Wan
    Ubisoft Support Staff 630 posts

@unehreduhalunke Hello there! Thanks for reaching out, and sorry to hear this is happening. First, I'd like to ensure you've tried some troubleshooting steps for your platform. After this, if the issue persists, let me know if you're able to try other devices without having this issue.

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics