Locked SOLVED [RESOLVED] NPC dialogue / sound effects echo | POST HERE0 Likes/55 Replies/4327 ViewsUnehreDuHalunke 3 posts
Every time a character speaks it has a weird echoing sound effect, this seems to be a common issue, but I haven't found a solution yet.
Ubisoft Support Staff Ubi-Wan 636 posts
@unehreduhalunke Hello there! Thanks for reaching out, and sorry to hear this is happening. First, I'd like to ensure you've tried some troubleshooting steps for your platform. After this, if the issue persists, let me know if you're able to try other devices without having this issue.
UnehreDuHalunke 3 posts
@ubiwan Unfortunately the troubleshooting steps couldn't fix the issue, I can't try it with a another device, but I have looked the glitch/bug up and I don't seem to be the only one who has been experiencing it, furthermore I had this problem in Assassin's Creed Origins aswell.
shatred69 1 posts
Any update on this yet?
bought the game yesterday for 60 bucks, cannot play more then an hour or so due to the horrible sound quality.
There's an extreme echo to voices and enviroments that should NOT echo, aswell as some form of audio being put trough a tin can effect.
Everything is muffled, from footsteps to voices, to background sounds.
Probably the last ubisoft title i'll ever buy.
Cause judging this topic it's been what? 5 or 6 months now with hundreds of reports of the same issue yet the devs couldn't care less?
koberskaya 1 posts
Ever since River Raids update, unless I am in a cut scene Eivor sounds like they are stuck in an echo chamber and ambient noises are dampened
- start around 30sec, when Eivor go down the mountain, there is echo each time he hit the floor. and don't tell me it's the echo from the mountain or whatever ahah (and what is this weird wind sound we can hear in the background ? it looks like there is echo on it too)
- start around 4min40 there is echo on Reda's voice
I didn't watch completely all the rest of the stream, because it's hard to tell with the 2 guys talking
Flumpzyy 2 posts
Game has a really bad echo its your in a massive empty room like in the youtube video (its not my video) credit to MoDzZ
DaddySnodge 1 posts
I played assassin's creed Valhalla for the first time last night and the dialogue echoes wherever you are in the game, and for every character, sounds like you are in a cave!
I am using a turtle beach stealth 600x gen 2, paired to my XBOX series S.
I am a big fan of the franchise and have completed every Assassin's Creed to date and I have never had this issue in the past.
Is there any way to fix this?
welcome to the club !
spoiler : no fix, no patch
there is a big topic about this, still waiting for a solution, or at list a statement from the devs
Raski0611 107 posts
Where is fix?
Ubisoft Support Staff Ubi-Woofer 1297 posts
Since splitting the biggest audio thread into individual threads per issue type, we've been continuing to collect additional information to pass to the development team for them to investigate these individual issues.
Within this thread regarding NPC dialogue and sound effects echoing, it would be helpful if we could gather the following information and resources for further investigation to take place:
Please answer the following questions for the development team:
- What platform(s) do you play Assassin's Creed Valhalla on?
- Can you please describe the nature of the audio issues you are facing and their severity (e.g. frequent echoing, echoing dialogue in particular cutscenes / places).
- Did you start to play Valhalla before the initial game updates were released in November 2020?
- Can you recall during which quests / cutscenes you first noticed these audio issues?
- What is your audio set-up? Are you using a headset (wired or wireless?), a speaker system, a surround sound system, etc.? Please list the exact devices and their model numbers / names if possible.
- If using a headset, do you notice any difference if you are using it wired or wireless?
- What type of audio output is in use? (i.e. 7.1, 5.1, Surround, Stereo?)
Please provide the relevant resources below for the development team to review:
- (PC) Provide your system specs (CPU, GPU, RAM, etc.) and your MSINFO and DXDIAG files in a support case
- Provide details of any troubleshooting steps already attempted, including the make / model numbers of any alternative audio devices tested
- Provide a screenshot of your in-game audio settings
- Provide a video demonstrating the issue(s) you are experiencing (please upload this to an external site such as YouTube, and provide the link here in the thread)
I have passed forward all reports received so far in this thread, as well as the videos so far provided, as part of the ongoing investigation. Anyone who has any additional information to add at this time is welcomed to share it here in the thread, alongside the resources requested above. We are grateful for any and all further information and assistance received.
If you have any specific questions, concerns or feedback that you would like me to address, please let me know and I will do my best. Thank you all for your understanding while the team continues to work on investigating these audio issues, and I hope that your week has started off well!
Ubisoft Support Staff Ubi-Borealis 6043 posts
I would like to reach out to you all with an update from the investigation into dialogue / sound effects echoing in-game. After thorough investigation, the development team have confirmed that they will not be able to resolve these audio issues. Resolution of this issue would require an overhaul of the entire audio system from the ground up and is not feasible. As there has been a resolution for this investigation, we will now be marking this thread as "Resolved."
I understand that this may not be the update you were hoping for, and apologise for any impact that this issue has had on your gaming experience. Though this issue is now considered "resolved," please feel welcome to share your thoughts and feedback within this thread, and we will gladly forward these to the dedicated teams.
If you are encountering trouble with echoing audio in-game, we recommend enabling subtitles to aid comprehension of dialogue.
Ubisoft Support Staff Ubi-Borealis 6043 posts
As we can confirm the development team will be unable to deploy a fix for this audio issue, we will now be locking this thread. You can read their full statement regarding this decision below:
After thorough investigation, the development team will not be able to resolve these audio issues. Resolution of this issue would require an overhaul of the entire audio system from the ground up and is not feasible. We recommend enabling subtitles to aid comprehension of dialogue.
If you have any additional feedback you would like to share regarding the audio experience in-game, then I recommend that you create a thread within our General Discussions forum.
If any changes are to be made to the audio in-game, then this information will be made available within patch notes shared in the News & Announcements forum.