Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• ZealotQ.
    Original poster 7 posts

Ive experienced this issue in Origins aswell, for some reason my Audio sounds really muffled and just bad In general. Odyssey didnt have this issue, Id really like to know how to fix this. It's very annoying.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• lilrome24
    1 posts

I know I’m not the only one getting muffled audio from eivor. Every now and again he will say something but it will sound muffled. Also any recommendations for brightness and contrast can’t find a good in between it’s either super dark and colors aren’t right or to bright to play. Please help

• Ubi-Spud
    Ubisoft Support Staff 700 posts

Hi there! I'm sorry that you are experiencing muffled audio. Please verify your game files and test again - and please provide a video of the issue if it persists. As far as the visual settings, it's a matter of preference to be honest. I've left mine on default and the game seems fine, though I appreciate it can look rather dark when the sun is gone!

Official Response
  • Serpentinos
    1 posts

@lilrome24 I'm having the same audio problems and we are not the only one: https://www.reddit.com/r/ACValhalla/comments/jrcxn8/odd_ac_valhalla_audio/

• CarvalhoPT
    8 posts

The audio sounds so muffed and compressed that i actually stoped playing until some patch fix is released... Even the voices echos in wide open spaces, the weapon on impact feels muffed, no "power"... just feels really weird to the ears... Compared to AC Odyssey, AC Valhalla sounds like [censored]...

• CrashTestDoomy
    1 posts

This was one of the first things I noticed when I got the game. The muffled quality of half the sounds and the tinny, echoing feel to others - especially to voices - just completely took me out of the game. When I wanted to just get lost in the game as soon as it installed, I found myself spending 2 hours exiting and restarting the game, trying different audio settings on my PC, trying to find something that would fix the issues.

Spoiler: Nothing fixed the issue.

• Tadiian
    16 posts
    This was one of the first things I noticed when I got the game. The muffled quality of half the sounds and the tinny, echoing feel to others - especially to voices - just completely took me out of the game. When I wanted to just get lost in the game as soon as it installed, I found myself spending 2 hours exiting and restarting the game, trying different audio settings on my PC, trying to find something that would fix the issues.

Spoiler: Nothing fixed the issue.

There is only one thing that fixes it: a refund!

• Evilkoal
    2 posts

being someone who has significant hearing loss due to noise exposure, even I noticed the horrendous audio quality at quite a few instances. the most obvious to me was in the prologue, when playing as young eivor. the voice sounds distorted and has a weird echo, the skal's lyre sounded like... nothing, or was so quiet it was ridiculous to think i was standing right next to the dude.

IDK who did QA or approval for the audio on this game but unless they were specifically ordered to mangle it, they should look for a new profession. If it was due to file sizes (i know sound takes up the majority of game sizes, right up there with models and textures), i can sympathize (although there are some pretty amazing compression algorithms out there). At least allow us to download an HD audio pack.

• KAER__
    7 posts

@lonemetalwolf Maybe your friend doesn' even realize he's having audio issues. I've seen plenty of people saying there is no issue, but one thing is hearing the muffled sound and the other is ignoring it.

• Alrdtakn1
    1 posts

I'm playing on ps5. Playing through my sound system sounds fine. When I use headsets the sounds (not dialog) are really muffled. It does get much clearer and have more body if I disable 3d audio.

• Calibrated_BOT_
    2 posts

My in game voices are so muffled I can hardly hear anything. Many sound effects are not able to be heard. I see that the main method of generating support tickets are "down". I cannot play this product as intended because in all the advertisements sounds are able to be heard. If there is not a patch soon I will require a refund. This is absolutely unacceptable. No other game I have paid for has ever had sound issues. No other media on my machine has sound issues. Judging by the sheer volume of people having sound issues this isn't my problem, its the game developers.

• ALonelyWanderer
    9 posts

The issue is still here after the patch. Music barely audible. Playing something quietly in the background. Much better to disable it completely and run spotify in the background lol.

• MustangXS
    1 posts
    • Did you start to play Valhalla before the initial game updates were released?
    • I started playing yesterday (December 3rd, 2020), so latest available patch.
    • What is your platform, and if on PC, what are your system specs? (CPU, GPU, RAM, etc.)
    • PC. Intel i7-10700K, NVidia RTX 3080, 16GB DDR4-3200, 2TB NVMe SSD
    • What is your audio set-up? Are you using a headset (wired or wireless?), a speaker system, a surround sound system, etc.?
    • Surround sound system with 7.2.4 speaker layout with Denon X4500H receiver
    • What audio output is in use? 7.1, 5.1, Surround, Stereo?
    • 7.1 sound output
    • A video demonstrating the issues you are experiencing.
    • Don't have a video sadly, the best description is the sound quality often sounds muffled compared to other games. There are moments where the game has sound quality that feels like a low quality YouTube video. Not all sound effects/music in game is like this, but it was immediately noticeable compared to any other game I've played in recent time (other games I've played recently are Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil 3, Devil May Cry 5, Shadow of the Tomb Raider).

• Morfor91
    6 posts
    • Did you start to play Valhalla before the initial game updates were released?

Started Playing on Launch day

• What is your platform, and if on PC, what are your system specs? (CPU, GPU, RAM, etc.)

CPU: I7 6700K
    GPU: RTX 2070 Super
    RAM: G.SKILL RIPJAWS V 3200Mhz
    MOBO: MSI Z270 Gaming M7
    AUDIO: Creative Soundblaster Z

• What is your audio set-up? Are you using a headset (wired or wireless?), a speaker system, a surround sound system, etc.?

Creative Soundblaster Z Soundcard, Sennheiser Gaming Zero Wired

• What audio output is in use? 7.1, 5.1, Surround, Stereo?

i have muffled sound and echoes, overall the sound quality seems to be really low, like everything is in a can.

• Imelit
    1 posts

@ubi-woofer

Did you start to play Valhalla before the initial game updates were released?

After. First time played the game on 23rd of December.

What is your platform, and if on PC, what are your system specs? (CPU, GPU, RAM, etc.)

Xbox Series X console. Physical release of the game.

What is your audio set-up? Are you using a headset (wired or wireless?), a speaker system, a surround sound system, etc.?

Atmos-capable home theater surround system. Audio receiver connected using eARC.

What audio output is in use? 7.1, 5.1, Surround, Stereo?

Dolby Atmos, but tested with uncompressed LPCM 7.1, 5.1, Stereo, bitstream DTS, and DD. Same unpleasant result.

A video demonstrating the issues you are experiencing.

Just pick any of the already posted ones. The audio is terribly flat, muffled, uneven, and wrongly balanced. But the worst offender is the echo/reverb in dialogues.

• Mr_Covert
    6 posts

Female Eivor's voice has sounded muffled ever since playing a bit while wearing the magister's mask. Every cut scene equiped with other head gear, hidden or not, is now causing her voice to sound muffled.

• RomaVictor09
    3 posts

I'm a PC player, still having this issue post 1.1.0 patch. I've never even noticed audio quality in games before. My standards have been "If I can hear it, I can play it." But the ridiculously muffled and low-quality sound in AC Valhalla has turned me away from it. Please, please fix this. I want to like this game.

• Polarity.
    1 posts

This is pathetic.

The worst mix in any AC, ever.

Can't take it anymore, I'm 10 hours in and it's excruciating.

There's no ambient sound, everything is muffled, dialogue is an echoey mess.

I can't believe I paid for this crap. I did it because I loved Odyssey and even though the sound there wasn't top notch, it was MILES ahead of this steaming pile.

• Attanno_
    28 posts

In my opinion this very problematic is linked direclty to the bad quality and the high compression of the audio files.

• Attanno_
    28 posts

@Ubi-Woofer I launched the game today after patching it and I am 100% sure that the muffled/disorted audio comes from the bad/high compression of the audio files. The muffled audio is not independant from the "audio sounds compressed" problematic. Those two should be covered by the same sub-thread.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics