Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Morfor91
    6 posts
    • Did you start to play Valhalla before the initial game updates were released?

Started Playing on Launch day

• What is your platform, and if on PC, what are your system specs? (CPU, GPU, RAM, etc.)

CPU: I7 6700K
    GPU: RTX 2070 Super
    RAM: G.SKILL RIPJAWS V 3200Mhz
    MOBO: MSI Z270 Gaming M7
    AUDIO: Creative Soundblaster Z

• What is your audio set-up? Are you using a headset (wired or wireless?), a speaker system, a surround sound system, etc.?

Creative Soundblaster Z Soundcard, Sennheiser Gaming Zero Wired

• What audio output is in use? 7.1, 5.1, Surround, Stereo?

i have muffled sound and echoes, overall the sound quality seems to be really low, like everything is in a can.

• MoveZiggula
    1 posts

Hello,

I have been unable to play this game for more than a few moments at a time since launch due to horrendous audio fidelity. All of my previous searches here and on other platforms have been in vain, and after being unable to resolve a refund through Sony (hooray for the world's worst Customer Service, right up there with Square Enix) I figured I would try my hand at my own post here to see if I have any luck. I've see the exact issue referenced in multiple places outside of these forums but have yet to find a fix for it.

From the very first moments of the game as young Eivor through into the open world, the audio has a very distinct echoey and tinny sound to it, almost like there is a mismatch between either the game or the speaker with one expecting surround sound and the other not. It is especially obvious with spoken dialogue (it sounds like the actors recorded in an echo chamber while also standing 8 feet away from the microphone and then the data compressed 80 times over), though ambient sounds and interactive environmental sounds also suffer from the same issue. I've tried multiple headsets, earbuds, and speakers and all sound the same. I've tried reinstalling multiple times. I've searched through all audio options in the game, on the console, and in my headset control panel (on those that have one) but have yet to find a setting that can be changed that makes any difference. I even tried download a new language pack to see if their audio files had any difference but it came out in the same garbled mess.

Can somebody please help me resolve this issue? I've really been wanting to play this game but have had no luck and don't think I can stomach extended play sessions in its current state, so any help is truly appreciated.

Thank you.

• Imelit
    1 posts

@ubi-woofer

Did you start to play Valhalla before the initial game updates were released?

After. First time played the game on 23rd of December.

What is your platform, and if on PC, what are your system specs? (CPU, GPU, RAM, etc.)

Xbox Series X console. Physical release of the game.

What is your audio set-up? Are you using a headset (wired or wireless?), a speaker system, a surround sound system, etc.?

Atmos-capable home theater surround system. Audio receiver connected using eARC.

What audio output is in use? 7.1, 5.1, Surround, Stereo?

Dolby Atmos, but tested with uncompressed LPCM 7.1, 5.1, Stereo, bitstream DTS, and DD. Same unpleasant result.

A video demonstrating the issues you are experiencing.

Just pick any of the already posted ones. The audio is terribly flat, muffled, uneven, and wrongly balanced. But the worst offender is the echo/reverb in dialogues.

• Mr_Covert
    6 posts

Female Eivor's voice has sounded muffled ever since playing a bit while wearing the magister's mask. Every cut scene equiped with other head gear, hidden or not, is now causing her voice to sound muffled.

• RomaVictor09
    3 posts

I'm a PC player, still having this issue post 1.1.0 patch. I've never even noticed audio quality in games before. My standards have been "If I can hear it, I can play it." But the ridiculously muffled and low-quality sound in AC Valhalla has turned me away from it. Please, please fix this. I want to like this game.

• Polarity.
    1 posts

This is pathetic.

The worst mix in any AC, ever.

Can't take it anymore, I'm 10 hours in and it's excruciating.

There's no ambient sound, everything is muffled, dialogue is an echoey mess.

I can't believe I paid for this crap. I did it because I loved Odyssey and even though the sound there wasn't top notch, it was MILES ahead of this steaming pile.

• Attanno_
    32 posts

In my opinion this very problematic is linked direclty to the bad quality and the high compression of the audio files.

• Attanno_
    32 posts

@Ubi-Woofer I launched the game today after patching it and I am 100% sure that the muffled/disorted audio comes from the bad/high compression of the audio files. The muffled audio is not independant from the "audio sounds compressed" problematic. Those two should be covered by the same sub-thread.

• Raski0611
    107 posts

Bad sound yes, where fix?

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1009 posts

Hello everyone,

I apologise for the delay in my response to this thread after separating these posts out from the original megathread concerning the audio quality of Assassin's Creed Valhalla. Thank you all for continuing to share your reports of audio being quiet, muffled or distorted, and I hope that these issues have not greatly impacted your experience of enjoying Assassin's Creed Valhalla.

To open a dedicated investigation into these issues with the developers, I will need to gather further information from you all. As such, please find below a list of the information / resources I will require; providing as many of these as possible would be greatly appreciated, as it means that I can pass forward as much information as possible for the developers to analyse and investigate.

• Confirmation of the platform(s) you play on
    • Description of the exact audio affected, and during which quests / arcs
    • Description of the type of issues faced and their nature, e.g. muffled combat audio during fights with zealots
    • Details of any troubleshooting steps already attempted, including the make / model numbers of any alternative audio devices tested
    • Description of your audio set-up and any audio devices in use, such as headsets
    • A video demonstrating the issue(s) you are experiencing (please upload this to an external site such as YouTube, and provide the link here in the thread)
    • (PC) Confirmation as to your control scheme (controller, keyboard and mouse, or hybrid)
    • (PC) MSINFO and DXDIAG files (these will need to be submitted to us via a support case or Live Chat; please reply in this thread with your case reference number for me to retrieve these)

If any of you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let me know, and I will do my best to address these. Thank you all in advance for your help and assistance; it is much appreciated! 🙂

@Attanno_ - I intend to investigate these issues separately from the overall concerns of audio quality for the moment, to ensure that we are capturing all unique reports. If the issues overlap, we'll cross-post the information between investigations as necessary. 🙂

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics