Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• UbiKobold
    Ubisoft Support Staff 538 posts

Hello everyone, and thank you all for your continued patience during these times. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience that this may be causing in the meantime. The Game team is currently still investigating. If you have not provide the information below, please add your info to this thread so I can forward it to the Game team. Thanks!

• What platform are you playing on?
    • If on PC, are you using a dedicated Sound Card? If so, please provide the name.
    • Also if on PC, please create a Support Ticket and attach your DxDiag file.
    • What kind of sound set up do you use?
    • What monitor or TV are you using?
    • Do you notice this outside of cutscenes as well?
    Official Response
  • Attanno_
    21 posts

@ubikobold Hi, I tried to fill a ticket as you asked but the support is unavailable due to covid apparently.

As for the question you asked :

• What platform are you playing on? PC
    • If on PC, are you using a dedicated Sound Card? If so, please provide the name. No dedicated sound card
    • Also if on PC, please create a Support Ticket and attach your DxDiag file. Unable to provide a ticket as the support is unavailable due to covid apparently
    • What kind of sound set up do you use? hyper x 7.1 headphones and sometimes audio speakers
    • What monitor or TV are you using? LG 27GL850 Monitor
    • Do you notice this outside of cutscenes as well? Yes it is noticeable all the time. Mostly in cutscenes but the voice of eivor (onomatopeia especially) is very loud during gameplay. This goes for every sounds and voices of the game (NPC, environment etc.) which can go from very loud to almost inaudible in a second, sometimes in the same sentence

I hope this comment can be helpfull, hope you can do something quick about it. All the audio problems are more than 6 months old now.

• UbiKobold

@attanno_ Thank you for providing all of these answers! I have forwarded your information to the Game team to be included with their investigation. For the DxDiag file, could you try contacting our Support on Facebook or Twitter? From there, an agent can assist with gathering your DxDiag file. Thanks again for your assistance with this matter!

Official Response
  • Attanno_
    21 posts

@ubikobold Hi, any news on the investigations ? Thx

• SNO_Oriflame
    3 posts

The same problem. However, in what way are controller and keyboard are related to Eivor’s audio settings? It’s a bit strange, isn’t it? So, no further news I suppose.

• UbiKobold

Thank you both for your patience! Attanno_, were you able to contact our Support via Facebook or Twitter and provide your DxDiag file? I was unable to find a Support case with you regarding this issue. Once you attach that file, please provide your case number here so that I may add that to the rest of your information with the Game team.

SNO_Oriflame, the questions below do not request your keyboard and controller. However, I have requested what kind of sound set up you use, in addition to what monitor or TV you are using. Would you be able to provide your answers to all of the following? Since you are also experiencing this issue with Eivor's voice being louder than other NPCs.

• If on PC, are you using a dedicated Sound Card? If so, please provide the name.
    • Also if on PC, please create a Support Ticket and attach your DxDiag file.

Official Response
  • SNO_Oriflame
    3 posts
    • What platform are you playing on? PC
    • If on PC, are you using a dedicated Sound Card? If so, please provide the name. No dedicated sound card
    • Also if on PC, please create a Support Ticket and attach your DxDiag file. Sent through Facebook, because cannot create a ticket on support page due to covid appearently.
    • What kind of sound set up do you use? А4TECH Bloody G500 Headphones usually, but sometimes speakers
    • What monitor or TV are you using? ASUS PA34V Monitor
    • Do you notice this outside of cutscenes as well? Yes

Hope this issue will be solved soon.

• SNO_Oriflame
    3 posts

@sno_oriflame Couldn't attach the DxDiag file for an unkown reason. However, I downloaded it to google drive and shared the link on the Support ticket #14779367.

• UbiKobold

@sno_oriflame Thank you for creating this Support ticket! I saw that you sent a YouTube link on that ticket, and I have forwarded that video to the Game team to be included with their investigation. Thanks so much!

Also, if you would like to try adding the DxDiag file again, the file may need to be compressed before it is attached to the ticket.

Official Response
  • Jon_ofDad
    8 posts

@ubikobold

I too am having these issues

What platform are you playing on? - PC

If on PC, are you using a dedicated Sound Card? If so, please provide the name. - No, sound device is connected through USB.

Also if on PC, please create a Support Ticket and attach your DxDiag file. - cannot create a support ticket, only live chat seems to be available to me at this time.

What kind of sound set up do you use? - Sound BlasterX Katana Sound Bar

What monitor or TV are you using? - ACER XB272

Do you notice this outside of cutscenes as well? - Yes anytime an NPC is talking they are super quiet, noticed more during cutscenes, when sailing the boat and during battle. Although the battle stuff might just be drowned out by the sound of skulls being smashed 🙂

If you can let me know how to send in my DxDiag and MSINFO files I will gladly do so!

• Spidermonk111
    12 posts

A bit disappointed to see this is still being an issue almost 7 months into the game. Still, I've been able to force Eivor's audio to be louder during cutscenes and post cutscene conversations by either turning the control scheme to Hybrid or Keyboard & Mouse. Setting it to Wireless Controller (PS4 controller) makes the voice level normal. I can pause during a cutscene, swap between the control schemes, and immediately notice the change in levels.

What platform are you playing on? PC
    If on PC, are you using a dedicated Sound Card? No, onboard to motherboard
    If so, please provide the name.
    Also if on PC, please create a Support Ticket and attach your DxDiag file.
    What kind of sound set up do you use? Bose desktop speakers, 2.1 audio
    What monitor or TV are you using? Pixio PX7 Prime 2560x1440 165hz
    Do you notice this outside of cutscenes as well? Can't tell if it's affecting the grunting noises, definitely notice in conversations after the cutscenes end.

Well since I can't edit anymore guess I have to post again to update. The entire game audio seems to be 2x as loud when using a K&M. I set it to Hybrid and when using the shoulder buttons in the menu it's around half the level of what using Q & E in the menu does. It affects all the in-game sounds as well.

• Spidermonk111
    12 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 768 posts

@Jon_ofDad - Hey there! Thank you for sharing your report of this issue with Eivor's voice here on Discussions. I sincerely apologise that it has taken us a little while to get back to you about this. I've passed forward the details you've provided already to the developers, but if you could possibly provide your DXDIAG as previously requested, that would be amazing! You can find all of the instructions you need to submit this document in our support article here. If for any reason you struggle to open a support case, please let me know and I will look into creating one on your account for you. 🙂

@Spidermonk111 - Thank you for sharing your report of this issue here in this thread as well, and I sincerely apologise that it is an issue that is taking time to investigate. We really appreciate you taking the time to write out the details requested, as well as providing additional information relating to testing you've done with different control schemes while playing. I've passed these forward to the developers now, and would like to encourage you to do the same as @Jon_ofDad above and open a support case to provide us with your DXDIAG file.

Both of you please let me know your case reference numbers here in the thread once your cases are created, and I'll check in on them and grab the files and submit them to the developers! Thank you. 🙂

Official Response
  • Nightcrawler867
    3 posts

@ubi-woofer

What platform are you playing on? PC
    If on PC, are you using a dedicated Sound Card? Soundblaster AE-7
    If so, please provide the name.
    Also if on PC, please create a Support Ticket and attach your DxDiag file.
    What kind of sound set up do you use? Headphones Sennheiser Game One, 5.1 System Teufel Concept E
    What monitor or TV are you using? LG32GK850F 2560x1440 144hz / LG OLED65CX9LA
    Do you notice this outside of cutscenes as well? Noticeable in cutscenes as soon as Keyboard + Mouse are being used. Switching to PS5-Dualsense controller on PC "fixes" it.

I believe it's a general problem, independent of system specs. Could you please give us some insight on why it so difficult to fix it?

Thank you.

dxdiag and msinfo file attached to submitted ticket 14988077

• Nightcrawler867
    3 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 768 posts

Thank you for answering my questions and providing your system files in case 14988077, @nightcrawler867. I have forwarded both your answers and the files to the developers for them to review now.

In terms of the issue itself, I'm afraid I'm unable to speculate as to why this particular audio issue is taking time to investigate or diagnose a potential fix for. However, as soon as I should receive any additional news or information, I'll be sure to share it here in this thread. Thank you for your understanding in the meantime.

Let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns that I can help you with.

Official Response
  • Nightcrawler867
    3 posts

@ubi-woofer Thank you for your response. It would be really good and interesting if you could pressure for an answer about why it is difficult to fix.
    Hopefully this is issue isn't forgotten because I have not seen it on the forums list of unsolved bugs.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2812 posts

You're welcome, @Nightcrawler867! Please note that our Megathread list and Known Issues list are non-exhaustive. If you cannot find the issue you're experiencing in either of these lists, this does not mean that the development team isn't aware of the issue and investigating further. Rest assured that the player support team are passing on all reports that are shared within us within the forum for the team to take a closer look at.

We will be checking in on the investigation as regularly as we are able to, and as soon as we have any new information to share from the investigation, we will let you know within the forums. In the meantime, please keep an eye out within the News & Announcements forum for any future updates. You are also welcome to reach out to us at any time if you have any further questions or concerns 🙂

If any other players are experiencing this issue in their own game, please can you provide us with all of the following information:

• Also if on PC, please create a Support Ticket and attach your DxDiag file.

We can then forward these reports to the development team as part of the ongoing investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics