Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • Mr_Queenie
    Original poster 5 posts

Playing the game yesterday I noticed that Eivor (male) has a large volume difference to every other character, I kept having to tweak my settings to make it sound less strange but he always sounds about 50% louder than every other actor. Was this intended? I tried using that boost function but it didn't seem to affect anything.

Also sounds are totally out of whack, I stood next to a waterfall and the loudest thing was the clang of my flail on my leg as i walked slightly. It just feels like the audio in this game is really out of balance, some abilities such as the harpoon one are insanely loud as well. I've also had the swing of a hit be louder than the impact.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• reaper666__
    3 posts

Playing on PC and I don't know if I'm the only one experiencing this. Eivor's voice is way louder than everyone else in the game. I've tried messing with the dialogue boost option but that just made everything louder while Eivor's voice still being the loudest.

EDIT: Actually, it's the voice of main controlled character that is always louder than other character's voice. I don't want to spoil, but when you go back to modern time via the Animus - the main character's voice is also too loud.

• RevenantSP1
    32 posts

The volume of NPC's voices seem to be lower than that of Eivor's in all situations (cutscenes, dialogue, world chatter). I've tried the different sound profiles and voice boost etc. but it seems nothing works outright. Having the levels set to "night" does help to mitigate it somewhat, but doesn't solve it completely. Eivor's voice voice by comparison seems about 15-20% louder than that of the NPC's.

I can understand world chatter to be lower volume, because it's meant to be background noise, but the difference in cutscenes and dialogue is jarring. It's like Eivor has wax in his/her ears and doesn't realise how loud he/she is speaking.

• marius199413
    10 posts

@revenantsp1 iup ... i have the exact problem. And that damn horn sounds sooooooo loud ......

• kuillemaul1
    5 posts

@reaper666__ I have the same issue. Its like it has been boosted. Really annoying. Dialogue, Dialogue , Dialogue, I AM EIVOR HEAR ME ROAR!!
    I bleed from ears!

• Shadrach-Attack
    9 posts

@reaper666__ I too have this issue, Dialogue boost just makes eivor louder too.

• Ubi-Baron
    Ubisoft Support Staff 730 posts

Hey guys,

Thank you for reporting this issue with Eivor's voice to us.

Are you playing the game in English or a different Language?

Official Response
  • basemix2007
    10 posts

@ubi-baron also have this issue, on ps4 Pro english language

• dlmthree
    77 posts

Audio mixing is all over the place. Mainly I find the audio related to the main character very loud, be it voice over and noise that you make.

That wouldn't be much of an issue since you could just lower your volume but a lot of voices are actually lower than yours, which already makes most dialogues quite unpleasing to follow.

My first impression of the game was really bad, that was the voice of child Eivor that had a lot of echo (I mean like recorded in a big empty room). They said that COVID didn't really impact the development of the game but I feel like it had its toll on voice recording which doesn't seem to have happened in a professional environment.

• Shadrach-Attack
    9 posts

@ubi-baron english, on pc

• Riki_Martini
    9 posts

I'm noticing this too. It's pretty weird in cutscenes. Other speakers are at like 50-70% volume it seems.

• UbiKoreanBBQ
    Ubisoft Support Staff 184 posts

Thanks for the updates! We'll be sharing this with the team for review.

Riki_Martini: Can you let me know what platform you're on as well? Thank you!

Official Response
  • reaper666__
    3 posts

I am playing on PC.

I actually discovered that I only get the louder voice for main character when using keyboard and mouse. But when I use a controller (PS4 controller), the voice volume becomes normal. It happens right on the spot too when I press something on the keyboard and then press something on the controller.

• kuillemaul1
    5 posts

@reaper666__ Wow that is odd. I will try it and see if it happens to me also.

• kuillemaul1
    5 posts

@kuillemaul1 I can confirm that it is only when using keyboard and mouse. When i use a controller Eivor is at a normal volume. And it changes if i switch between keyboard and mouse and controller. .

Hope this helps. Really don't want to use a controller.

• Shadrach-Attack
    9 posts

@kuillemaul1 I'm using an xbone controller, whether its on or not i have these issues

• Milansan
    13 posts

yeah Ive been fiddling with the audio settings a lot to try and get things balanced (xbox one x), they should add a general voice tweak button, would really help

• reaper666__
    3 posts

@zhead_
    I'm not experiencing the voices echoing. My only issue so far is the main character volume jumping up when using keyboard/mouse and jumping back to normal when using a controller.

• Milansan
    13 posts

There are many audio issues it seems. I sometimes dont have audio for running till I stop and start again, then it kicks in

• onigiri03
    2 posts

eivor's voice is too much its better for me to use my monitor's speaker instead of my 5.1

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics