Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • kuillemaul1
    5 posts

@basemix2007 I can confirm for me at least that the issue is still there after the patch. You kind of get used to it but it does ruin the experience.

• Shadrach-Attack
    9 posts

@kuillemaul1 same, still there after the update

• Ubi-Baron
    Ubisoft Support Staff 730 posts

Thanks for the added details, this issue is still being looked into at the moment.

To help us look into this, please let us know the following information:

• For users on PC, are you using a dedicated Sound Card?
    • For users on PC, please create a Support case here and attach a DxDiag.
    • What kind of sound set-up are you using?
    • Do you notice this outside of Cutscenes as well?

Official Response
  • kuillemaul1
    5 posts

@ubi-baron Realtek onboard sound. Headphones. Always. In cut scenes and in regular game.

• Ubi-Baron
    Ubisoft Support Staff 730 posts

@kuillemaul1 Thanks for providing that.

Would you also be able to upload a DxDiag through the Support Site here?

Official Response
  • erdholio
    1 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Blondie4e
    1 posts

I have the exact same problem, eivor's voice is way louder than everything else if i play with keyboard and mouse, but with a controller is fine ( the problem is that my logitech controller, doesnt work well with ACV, as my character moves alone ... )
    asking for a refund already.

• pudsley
    1 posts

@blondie4e This is still unresolved.it seems, really has a detrimental effect on the game.

The game audio is really good, the water sounds, environment sound effects but when I raise the volume enough to be able to hear it Eivor's voice is extremely loud, whether that be cinematic dialogue or general wild lines or even his voice cues on horseback, especially noticeable when whistling for your horse, it's ear shattering.

Platform : PC
    Sound Card - PCI-E Soundlbaster ZxR (dedicated)
    Speaker Setup : Z906 5.1
    Spec : i7 7700k, 3080 RTX, z270 chipset, 32GB Ram, M.2 SSD.

Tried everything, from lowering centre speaker on speaker system to tweaking ZxR software, voice boost is off for main character at least in the settings, I wonder if for some reason it's stuck on anyway?

• Attanno_
    18 posts

Following Ubi's decision to break the original post in subforums, please find my observations on the issue of Eivor voice level.

AC valhalla sound design suffers from bad audio levels.

In general the sound levels are very unequal with onomatopeia of Eivor being way louder than other sounds (ex : the micro sounds he/she makes while running and jumping). Those sounds are way louder than the sounds of the world and it feels very strange.

During discussions, the voices are very uneven, even for Eivor who's voice can go from very loud to almost inaudible as if he was at the back of the room, very far from everybody and then going back to very loud. This also applies to most of the NPCs with whom we discuss.

• UbiKobold
    Ubisoft Support Staff 518 posts

Hello everyone, and thank you all for your continued patience during these times. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience that this may be causing in the meantime. The Game team is currently still investigating. If you have not provide the information below, please add your info to this thread so I can forward it to the Game team. Thanks!

• What platform are you playing on?
    • If on PC, are you using a dedicated Sound Card? If so, please provide the name.
    • Also if on PC, please create a Support Ticket and attach your DxDiag file.
    • What kind of sound set up do you use?
    • What monitor or TV are you using?
    • Do you notice this outside of cutscenes as well?
    Official Response
  • Attanno_
    18 posts

@ubikobold Hi, I tried to fill a ticket as you asked but the support is unavailable due to covid apparently.

As for the question you asked :

• What platform are you playing on? PC
    • If on PC, are you using a dedicated Sound Card? If so, please provide the name. No dedicated sound card
    • Also if on PC, please create a Support Ticket and attach your DxDiag file. Unable to provide a ticket as the support is unavailable due to covid apparently
    • What kind of sound set up do you use? hyper x 7.1 headphones and sometimes audio speakers
    • What monitor or TV are you using? LG 27GL850 Monitor
    • Do you notice this outside of cutscenes as well? Yes it is noticeable all the time. Mostly in cutscenes but the voice of eivor (onomatopeia especially) is very loud during gameplay. This goes for every sounds and voices of the game (NPC, environment etc.) which can go from very loud to almost inaudible in a second, sometimes in the same sentence

I hope this comment can be helpfull, hope you can do something quick about it. All the audio problems are more than 6 months old now.

• UbiKobold

@attanno_ Thank you for providing all of these answers! I have forwarded your information to the Game team to be included with their investigation. For the DxDiag file, could you try contacting our Support on Facebook or Twitter? From there, an agent can assist with gathering your DxDiag file. Thanks again for your assistance with this matter!

Official Response
  • Attanno_
    18 posts

@ubikobold Hi, any news on the investigations ? Thx

• SNO_Oriflame
    3 posts

The same problem. However, in what way are controller and keyboard are related to Eivor’s audio settings? It’s a bit strange, isn’t it? So, no further news I suppose.

• UbiKobold

Thank you both for your patience! Attanno_, were you able to contact our Support via Facebook or Twitter and provide your DxDiag file? I was unable to find a Support case with you regarding this issue. Once you attach that file, please provide your case number here so that I may add that to the rest of your information with the Game team.

SNO_Oriflame, the questions below do not request your keyboard and controller. However, I have requested what kind of sound set up you use, in addition to what monitor or TV you are using. Would you be able to provide your answers to all of the following? Since you are also experiencing this issue with Eivor's voice being louder than other NPCs.

• What platform are you playing on?
    • If on PC, are you using a dedicated Sound Card? If so, please provide the name.
    • Also if on PC, please create a Support Ticket and attach your DxDiag file.
    • What kind of sound set up do you use?
    • What monitor or TV are you using?
    • Do you notice this outside of cutscenes as well?

Official Response
  • SNO_Oriflame
    3 posts
    • What platform are you playing on? PC
    • If on PC, are you using a dedicated Sound Card? If so, please provide the name. No dedicated sound card
    • Also if on PC, please create a Support Ticket and attach your DxDiag file. Sent through Facebook, because cannot create a ticket on support page due to covid appearently.
    • What kind of sound set up do you use? А4TECH Bloody G500 Headphones usually, but sometimes speakers
    • What monitor or TV are you using? ASUS PA34V Monitor
    • Do you notice this outside of cutscenes as well? Yes

Hope this issue will be solved soon.

• SNO_Oriflame
    3 posts

@sno_oriflame Couldn't attach the DxDiag file for an unkown reason. However, I downloaded it to google drive and shared the link on the Support ticket #14779367.

• UbiKobold

@sno_oriflame Thank you for creating this Support ticket! I saw that you sent a YouTube link on that ticket, and I have forwarded that video to the Game team to be included with their investigation. Thanks so much!

Also, if you would like to try adding the DxDiag file again, the file may need to be compressed before it is attached to the ticket.

Official Response
  • Jon_ofDad
    8 posts

@ubikobold

I too am having these issues

What platform are you playing on? - PC

If on PC, are you using a dedicated Sound Card? If so, please provide the name. - No, sound device is connected through USB.

Also if on PC, please create a Support Ticket and attach your DxDiag file. - cannot create a support ticket, only live chat seems to be available to me at this time.

What kind of sound set up do you use? - Sound BlasterX Katana Sound Bar

What monitor or TV are you using? - ACER XB272

Do you notice this outside of cutscenes as well? - Yes anytime an NPC is talking they are super quiet, noticed more during cutscenes, when sailing the boat and during battle. Although the battle stuff might just be drowned out by the sound of skulls being smashed 🙂

If you can let me know how to send in my DxDiag and MSINFO files I will gladly do so!

• Spidermonk111
    11 posts

A bit disappointed to see this is still being an issue almost 7 months into the game. Still, I've been able to force Eivor's audio to be louder during cutscenes and post cutscene conversations by either turning the control scheme to Hybrid or Keyboard & Mouse. Setting it to Wireless Controller (PS4 controller) makes the voice level normal. I can pause during a cutscene, swap between the control schemes, and immediately notice the change in levels.

What platform are you playing on? PC
    If on PC, are you using a dedicated Sound Card? No, onboard to motherboard
    If so, please provide the name.
    Also if on PC, please create a Support Ticket and attach your DxDiag file.
    What kind of sound set up do you use? Bose desktop speakers, 2.1 audio
    What monitor or TV are you using? Pixio PX7 Prime 2560x1440 165hz
    Do you notice this outside of cutscenes as well? Can't tell if it's affecting the grunting noises, definitely notice in conversations after the cutscenes end.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics