Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• vanja1004
    4 posts

@ubi-borealis

I successfully jinxed myself and now my autosave and quick save are not working at all. Restarted and reloaded game many times. Only manual save works

• vanja1004
    4 posts

@vanja1004

edit: it randomly started working on it’s own after I fast travelled to Ravensthorpe to pick up Reda’s contracts. If I go to Load menu tho it looks weird (in past I had it saying Autosave Cloud and Quick save Cloud). Now it says Autosave 1-5

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2812 posts

Hello there!

@Yesin069 - I can appreciate that playing without the use of auto/quick save isn't convenient at all. The development team are taking a closer look at this. As soon as we have any new updates to share, they'll be posted within this thread. They would like to know how many saves you currently have. Can you let us know this information?

Additionally, the development team would like to take a closer look at your save file. Could you ensure that you have a manual save uploaded to the cloud for us? We can then notify them so they can investigate further.

@vanja1004 - Thank you for updating us. I'm sorry to hear you're unable to auto/quick save at all now. Can you let us know how many save files you currently have? If possible, would you also be able to send us an image or video that shows how your saves have changed? We can then pass this along as part of the investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • TheeElf
    178 posts

@ubi-borealis There is definitely something going on with saves both manual and auto-save that started occurring AFTER the TU1.2.1. The link I posted above about manual saves is still a problem as well. EVERY day, multiple times a day the save process locks up resulting in me losing some progress. The autosaves that are done (when the icon spins at the bottom right) is not actually creating usable autosaves every time either. Additionally, CIoud Saves (Manual or Auto) can't be selected from the Load screen after a lockup occurs. Sometimes doing a Quick Save does not create a save file.

In regards to some of your questions, I have used all 20 manual save slots that have saves from various timeframes throughout my gameplay. I only use 3 save files for my day-to-day play leaving the other 17 save files in tact.

It definitely appears that TU1.2.1 changed some things in the save processes that are negatively impacting players which is extremely unfortunate a week before Druids DLC where we may see more occurrences as more players come back to play.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @TheeElf!

Thank you for providing me with that additional information. I've passed your report to the development team as part of the ongoing investigation.

If possible, would you be able to provide any video footage that shows the auto/quick save function not working as intended in-game? This could be the save logo not appearing when expected (such as after a fast travel or interaction with certain NPCs)?

If you could also show that you're unable to access your cloud saves when this happens as well, this would be very helpful for the investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Yesin069
    Original poster 548 posts

@ubi-borealis

I tried many saves to fix this issue but in the end i deleted them all and just have one manual save left. The issue is still there and i stopped playing and wait for a fix.

Here is a link to my save:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ztAK7g4Z42rrkaPM3Zrvkb9s_TvM7lZ9/view?usp=sharing

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for sharing a copy of your save with us, @Yesin069, and for providing that additional information about your saves. I've added this information to your report for the developer's to take a look at 🙂

Official Response
  • TheeElf
    178 posts

@ubi-borealis I'll be working on trying to capture the other videos. I'll upload to YouTube similar to the other post. I've already captured the Quick Save not creating a quick save (seems to happen after you've already used quick save once), and Cloud Saves being unable on the Load Save screen. Just need to work on capturing the Auto Save not creating an auto save file (Note: The icon IS appearing). I'll keep you posted with more information and videos.

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for the update, @TheeElf. Providing videos via YouTube link is great! Please don't hesitate to update this thread as soon as you're able to, and we'll pass these along to the development team so they can take a closer look at them too 😊

Official Response
  • TheeElf
    178 posts

@ubi-borealis The inconsistency is obviously frustrating when trying to reproduce this as I know it will also be frustrating for you to try and reproduce to fix. I also noticed I have to wait sometimes because while trying to reproduce this I get online service errors from the Ubi servers saying there were too many requests in a short period of time from my account. Here's two additional videos:

TITLE: Cloud Saves Unavailable after a Manual Save Lockup
    Description: While trying to perform a manual save, the save process locked up (happens quite a bit after TU1.2.1). So I decide to force close the game after almost a minute (normally takes 1 second to save). Upon a fresh launch of the game and going to the Load screen, you will see that the Cloud Saves shown prior to the lockup are not available during the Load game selection.
    YouTube Link:

I did not intend to come across this issue but did.
    TITLE: Auto-Save did not occur, Auto-Save icon stuck on the screen, Manual Save Lockup
    Description: While trying to reproduce the auto save issue, I encountered a problem where the autosave icon in game never went away and it never autosaved. Additionally, trying to manually save resulted in a lockup of the save process as well requiring another force close of the game to resume playing.
    YouTube Link: Unavailable

Unfortunately the Auto-Save icon issue when I recorded did not record the Xbox Streaming App as the active window and so I don't have that. As soon as I have other scenarios of save processes, I will respond with that video link/description as well.

• TheeElf
    178 posts

@ubi-borealis Finally got a video of the quick save issue. I created a quick save file at 1:01 PM. A few minutes later at 1:03 PM I tried to create another quick save. Despite performing the Quick Save action TWICE, there is no a quick save file (local or cloud) created at 1:03 PM when the actions are performed. Typically when this happens, the Quick Save feature will no longer work until I boot up the game fresh.

YouTube Link:

What I found more interesting is then I then fast traveled to Ravensthorpe to check out and see if the auto-save issued occurred. The auto-save icon appeared and when I went into my Load screen to see if the auto-save was there, there was NO auto-save but rather a quick save at the time the auto-save should have appeared. So it looks like the quick-save and auto-save might have some sort of link where maybe the quick save action is being put in a queue and not kicked off until the auto-save initiated. Maybe this might explain a manual save locking up doing something similar but since we are stuck in a menu you can't initiate another type of save to make it complete.

YouTube Link:

The question is now why did the auto-save generate a quick-save from the previous actions at 1:03 PM and not create an auto-save instead. Afterward I attempted to create a Quick Save file, and it successfully created. So it appears there might be a queue/stack of save actions that might be interfering with the processes.

• Ubi-Borealis

Thank you so much for taking the time to record those videos for us, @TheeElf, as well as including detailed information about the experience you had whilst capturing the footage. These are incredibly helpful for the development team's investigation, and I've passed these on so they can take a closer look.

You make an interesting suggestion regarding the queue of save actions that could be interfering with the process. I've included this in your report to the development team.

We don't yet have any new information to share from the investigation, but I would like to assure you all that they are treating these reports seriously. As soon as we have any further updates to share, they will be posted within this thread. In the meantime, we would like to request that players use manual saves, rather than relying on auto/quick saves, as these do seem to be working more reliably. This will help to reduce the risk of any lost progression.

If anyone else would like to share additional video footage with us, that would be helpful for the ongoing investigation.

Thanks all 😊

Official Response
  • Yesin069

@ubi-borealis

Is there any way that this issue gets hotfixed very soon? I can't play the game in this state. This is a gamebreaker issue and it cant be that Ubisoft lets us wait for 5 weeks with a issue like that.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @Yesin069!

The development team are still investigating this issue further, and we have no new updates to share from the investigation. I wouldn't be able to speculate on when a fix for this issue will be released, and whether it will be as a hot-fix or in a Title Update.

I understand that this issue is affecting your gameplay experience, and I apologise for any inconvenience that has been caused. Please be assured that the development team is treating this issue seriously. As soon as we have more information, we will let you know within this thread.

Thank you 🙂

Official Response
  • Kormac67
    613 posts

@ubi-borealis I've seen you added it to the mega threads list.
    You know, a change log in the mega thread (and in the know issues thread) would really help. There are so often changes, but it's near impossible to find what was changed.

• TheeElf
    178 posts

@ubi-borealis This morning I went to save my game and now it gave me this error:

This occurs trying to do a auto-save, quick save, or manual save at the moment. No clue why.

• Yesin069

This is a heavy issue...no way will i be able to play the game or even the DLC with this issue.

This is why i was so annoyed that Ubisoft will deliver patches every 5 weeks instead of 4. I hoped that they will make the patches smaller, more focused and release them every 2 weeks. Now we just have to live longer with issues like that.

The DLC will be a separate download and will have no patch or nothing. It would be wiser to release a patch on the 11th may before the DLC launch and then react fast to new bugs from the DLC within a week or two.
    We should all know at this point that the DLC will have plenty of bugs and they will not be fixed in the June update...

• B00MSIE
    307 posts

@theeelf

Got exactly the same error today. Seems related to the XSX, just like the constant resetting.

• TheeElf
    178 posts

@b00msie I think the issue may be related to how Valhalla is functioning on XSX after doing a quick resume coming from another game. I was playing RE: Village and came to log in and do some stuff. As soon as the auto-save tried to kick off it game the error again and occurred when I tried doing a manual save or quick save. Confirmed it happened again this morning after doing the same processes as above. Not sure if there is any sort of duration but I'll check it out again some more.

• B00MSIE
    307 posts

@theeelf

Valhalla is incompatible with the XSX quick resume feature. Half the time you loose all gameplay after using it/ultimate stuff gets resetted (although this also happens without QR) and all kinds of other strange things and crashes begin to happen. But in this case I had hard quitted the game and restarted it completely.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics