Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• UbiKobold
    Ubisoft Support Staff 538 posts

Hello, and thank you for your patience. I am so sorry that you have not been able to utilize Quick Save recently! I definitely understand your concern. Just in case, please verify your game files. However, if this continues, have you tried un-installing and re-installing the game? Due to this occurring after deleting the .ini file.

Official Response
  • katzenkrimis71
    160 posts

I need to be able to quick save. This is a serious problem!!!

====

This happens occasionally.

All you have to do is reload the game. Yes, it sucks, but that's the easiest fix.

Make a manual save before you quit to desktop and reload.

• MrBungle06
    1 posts

Getting sick of this appearing now. I have been playing for so many hours that I take autosave for granted now. But I'm losing up to an hour or so's progress each playing session because te game stops autosaving but doesn't inform you unless you fast travel or try to manually save. At which point you get the error message and realise it hasn't saved since you started playing.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2812 posts

Hello there,

@Kormac67 - Thanks for your feedback, and the suggestion to add a change log to the Megathread list. I've shared this with the rest of the player support team to see if it's something we can add to the Megathread list. The player support team doesn't manage the Known Issues list, but we can pass the suggestion along to the community team for you.

@TheeElf & @B00MSIE - I'm sorry to hear you're receiving that error message, and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. I would recommend restarting the game to see if this will allow you to save your progress again. The development team are aware of that message popping up to prompt players that their progress cannot currently be saved. If this error causes you to lose progress, please can you share your report in this megathread so we can take a closer look. There is some additional information requested in that thread that we'd like affected players to share with us.

@Yesin069 - Thank you for the additional feedback about the changes to title update releases. I understand that this was not the answer you were hoping for, and I apologise for any disappointment caused. As soon as we have more information from the investigation into this saving issue, we will be sure to let you know within this thread as soon as we are able to.

Thank you 😊

Official Response
  • Torean9990
    8 posts

Ok, I'm getting to the point where I'm afraid to play Valhalla anymore. I'm in Glowcestrescire, an absurd 150 hours in, and I found a glitch where it wouldn't save (neither autosave or quicksave) after I did the fly agaric just there. I reloaded before the quest, and it began to save again... Until I got to another side quest "The Body". It stopped again. This time, reloading didn't stop the problem. I looked online for solutions and literally did all 4 that I found... went to Ravensthorpe and killed the straw dummies, talked to Petra, slept in my bed, and meditated. Saves are working again.. for now. But seriously, this is getting scary. I've never played a game and encountered a fraction of a fraction of the glitches I find in this one... And, mind you, I've played through Sonic '06. Sometimes the bugs are funny... Sometimes they just make me feel disappointed and cheated on a level I never could've expected... Because even though I love this game, I don't know how much more I can take. I don't even know if anyone else has encountered this particular one in this particular way... Others have said fast travel also wasn't working, but it worked for me. Actually, I think it started saving again after I fast traveled, but not 100% sure.

• Nohutcan
    2 posts

Because of this problem I started to a new game to test and see where it's start "not saving" and I think I found it: after I built Barracks in town and recuit my Jomsviking. I tested it enough to be sure this is the problem that corrupts the save file... Unfortunately, I can't do anything for my previous game (which I was on 75 power level) but since I found the cause for this problem, my current play goes smooth for now, let's say until a new game-braking bug... I just built barracks but didn't speak that lady in charge and didn't recuit Jomsviking and now everything works well. But when ever I go and recuit Jomsviking, save file gets corrupt and not saving anymore...

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there! Welcome to the forums 🙂

@Torean9990 - Thank you for sharing your report with us. I've moved your post into this megathread so we can keep all of the reports shared in one place. It also gives you a place to keep up-to-date with all the newest updates from the investigation.

Thanks for letting us know that the quick/auto saves seem to stop working whenever you complete a side-quest. Just to confirm, have you found a reliable way to restore your ability to quick/auto save? You've mentioned that meditating and fast travelling have worked for you before.

Can you still save manually as well?

Would you also be able to provide us with some additional information, so we can inform the development team:

• How many save files do you already have?
    • When did the issue first start?
    • Could you send us a video that illustrates the issue?

We can then include this in your report to the development team.

@Nohutcan - Thanks for providing us with more information about your experience, and what seems to trigger the issue for you. I've passed this along to the development team so they can take a closer look at this.

Just to confirm, are you able to manually save? Or are you unable to save at all once you've recruited a Jomsviking?

If possible, would you be able to provide us with the additional information listed above as well? We can then also include this information in your report to the development team.

Thanks 😊

Official Response
  • Deepo-U
    4 posts

@theeelf I'm getting this error when using quick resume as well.

• Caraamon
    43 posts

@yesin069 From my limited understanding, the patch schedule has something to do with the fact that Stadia wants every change submitted weeks before release so they can test it themselves.

While this is based on some offhand comments in various forums, it's backed up by the fact that every game I've played that also appears on Stadia has also lengthened their patch schedule, so I believe it.

• Kormac67
    613 posts

@caraamon If Stadia tested anything this game would never have launched there. 😛

• Yesin069
    Original poster 548 posts

@caraamon

You have a great point there!

Sadly Stadia is a mess that just should shut down and not impact any game patching.

• Nohutcan
    2 posts

@ubi-borealis you're welcome 🙂 and I apologize for my English, It's not my native language.

First of all, I own the ultime version of the game and playing on PC.

Problem occurs exactly after pressing "Assign" button in the Jomsviking customize screen, not after building the barracks. So now, I just built the barracks but not speak with that lady in charge and did not recuit the Jomsviking and it seems everything working smooth.

By the way, after this problem occurs, I can still use manual save/load, but no autosave or quicksave anymore...

To tell you how the problem reveals exactly, I need to explain it in steps: (again, sorry for my English)

1. I built Barracks
    2. I recuited Jomsviking.
    3. I kept playing, autosave and quicksave was working, so I made a new quicksave
    4. I loaded the last savefile (via quickload or manual load, doesn't matter)
    5. Now, I could still play the game, but autosave and quicksave functions were not working any more
    6. I quited to desktop (I tried quitting to title but it'd not solve the problem)
    7. Re-launch the game
    8. In the main menu, I pressed "Continue"
    9. It loaded the last quicksave I made
    10. Now, autosave and quicksave was working
    11. After playing a while and making some quicksaves, I pressed quickload
    12. After opening the last save, autosave and quicksave functions were not working any more, again...

So, as far as I can see the problem occurs after recuiting the Jomsviking, then saving and then loading the game... But exiting and relaunching the game and the selecting "CONTINUE" seems fixing this, until you loading again... After attempting any loadgame, the game stops autosaving and you can't use quicksave either...

I hope I could explained well 🙂

• Torean9990
    8 posts

@ubi-borealis Ok, so, I've tried a bit more, and it's kinda gotten worse.

So, to answer your questions, I have 4 actual save files... But only had one before this started happening, which was last night. As for a video, how should I go about sending that?

Anyway, I'll further describe what's happening. First off, the problem keeps coming back. So far, fast traveling is a definite way for autosaves to resume and let me quicksave. But those quickly seem to go away. If I try to quicksave, nothing happens. But here's another weird thing I noticed. My stamina bar keeps ending up on the bottom right of the screen, like overlapped by my health bar. I wonder if these issues are related.

• Torean9990
    8 posts

@ubi-borealis Also, to clarify, my manual saves seem to be working fine... So far.

• longjohn119
    535 posts
    @yesin069 From my limited understanding, the patch schedule has something to do with the fact that Stadia wants every change submitted weeks before release so they can test it themselves.

While this is based on some offhand comments in various forums, it's backed up by the fact that every game I've played that also appears on Stadia has also lengthened their patch schedule, so I believe it.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sony was doing the same thing after getting burned by Cyberpunk .....

• longjohn119
    535 posts

The saves in this game have been broken since it was released .... Go look at the 5/7/2021 Known Issues list and anytime you see

Unable to progress ....
    Unable to proceed .....
    Unable to interect .....

Then you know there is a broken save .... All those problems are essentially the same save file bug causing saves to not properly mark events/milestones as completed and 9 times out of 10 even if the bug gets fixed you have to start again from fresh because you have dozens of hours of new data written to the save making it impossible to recover

A save file is basically a database of events, gear you own, resources you have collected and other information that is then loaded into the game when you start it up ..... If it is missing information then you have problems

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there,

@Nohutcan - Thank you for providing me with more information, as well as detailing your steps further for me. This is very helpful for the investigation! Thanks for confirming that you can still manually save as well. I've let the development team know this. Also, don't worry about your English! Your post is absolutely fine, and you've explained yourself and the situation excellently 😊

@Torean9990 - I'm sorry to hear that your saving issue has gotten worse. Thank you for updating us, and for providing the additional information I requested. I'm glad to hear that your manual saves are still working as intended.

If you have captured a video that shows the auto-save/quick-save not working, could you please upload it to a sharing platform (such as YouTube or Google Drive) and send us an unlisted link in this thread. We can then include this in your report to the development team. I've also let them know that fast travelling is a definite way for your saves to resume, but it is not a long-term resolution. I'm not sure if the overlapping health and stamina bars are related, but I've included this in your report.

Thank you 🙂

Official Response
  • Yesin069

It still does not work!!! Why the hell do we have to wait 5 weeks (or even longer) for a fix to the save system???

I dont care for the DLC. When the main game is still broken Ubisoft should delay all DLC and new content until the main stuff is fixed to a level where most people can enjoy it. Since the release of the last update i am not able to play the game because of constant manual saving.

• Kormac67
    613 posts

@yesin069 Well, DLC owners would be most unhapyy if the DLC was delayed even more.

• Yesin069

@kormac67

Watch Dogs Legion did the same. They delayed the online mode and DLC for more than 3 months to fix the main game first. Even if it is a bad game still, they made the right decisions.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics