Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Yesin069
    Original poster 554 posts

This issue really starting to annoy me to the point where i stop playing once again. I lost so many progress and i am tired of repeating everything over and over again.

Ubisoft have to adress this issue asap. When the save system of any game is broken this should be hotfixed in the same week the problem happens. Not waiting 5 weeks now for a fix with other new bugs.

I just want to finish this game fast now and i am stopped from doing it by the constat loss of progress when reloading or rhinking i saved the game and closing it.

• Kormac67
    653 posts

@yesin069 You know there is a saving icon in the lower right corner? So you can verify if it actually saves or not.
    You can also check saves before logging off.
    I had it yesterday too in Ravensthorpe, fasttravelling to Ravensthorpe again fixed it.

• Yesin069

@kormac67

Yes, i know. But i am never actually focused on that icon or even realize it when playing. Usually I quicksave and shut the game down. This is how it should be. A save sytem should just work without thinking about it or looking 3 times if it actually saved.

It happened to me today again and it is frequent enough for me to break every fun with this game.

It mostly happens when i fast travel or reload a save. To fix it i need to restart the whole game or fast travel again, which is pretty annoying when doing a mission.

• B00MSIE
    369 posts

@yesin069

On the Xbox Series X you always see the save icon, but a lot of times the next time you start the game all your manual/quick/auto saves from your previous gaming session are gone. On reddit you can find endless reports of this and there is also a very long thread on this forum, starting November 10th and still getting longer every day.
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/78433/my-progress-has-been-reset-lost-recent-save-games-not-available-post-here/635

This bug is still not acknowledged 😠. Saving is not high on the priority list for Ubisoft.

• Yesin069

@b00msie

I just cant play the game like that. And it is too long for me to wait again for 5 weeks.

I am close to the end of the game and 100%ing it and know i have to stop it because of the patches that always fix 2 bugs for me and introduce 5 others. This game for me is buggier than Unity on launch. Back in the day they apologised and gave out a game for free and a free DLC. Today the only thing we get are microtransactions (or currency to buy microtransactions, hoping we buy even more) and a Altair outfit which looks horrible without cloth physics.

Covid is still noe excuse for me. They could have delayed the game, even it it meant losing some money. This is their most imoportant brand and if they lose the buyers for AC, they just have Far Cry left which has a normal image.

• SuomiKissa
    12 posts

News.
    None of the proposed remedies eliminated the defects.

So once again I deleted the whole game and reloaded it completely. Took a day.

Now the game seems to be working properly.

There is something wrong with the updates because the updates do not set up as expected. The previous update also broke the game, so I had to reload the game completely.

• Yesin069

@suomikissa

Did you have the save bug and does a rre-download fix it or did you have other problems that got fixed threw a re-download?

• jasonkempton
    1 posts

How is autosave still so systematically broken? The game saves every other moment, unless it is actually needed. I just lost 4 hours of gameplay in Jotunheim, with literally 6 autosaves spanning a 4 minute period and then not a single goddamn save in the next 4 hours. What the actual [censored]. First time I need to put the game down with serious reservations of picking it up again, don't appreciate being a beta tester this late after release.

• B00MSIE
    369 posts

@yesin069

I understand. I have finished the game. After I had to restart the first time in Norway I made sure I made regularly manual saves. But because of the save bug, I had to redo many hours of gameplay twice. I can now confirm, the second time you always do it better and faster. I preferred the Beserker gear, but this got resetted a lot and because you lost all spend items, you had to reload an old game. I can confirm, the third time, it begins to get boring. Most of the times Eivor got stuck halfway a castle storming, Some I did like 5 times. Then it becomes frustrating. During my whole play through I never heard any music. The heavy screen tearing gave me some serious migraines, which resulted in me not being able to play games or work a couple of days (no joke). I love and hate this game by now. But I am not a quitter! Neither I believe, are you, since I still see new posts from you 😁

My store only illustrate some of the bugs I encountered and I still finished it, so you can do it! you can! It takes a person with the will a perseverance of a Viking to play Valhalla!

• Yesin069

@b00msie

This is so true!

I just want to be over with it and fully concentrate on Nioh 2 or other, much better and polished games. Valhalla is honestly an early access game. The story isn't finished, the game is buggy as hell, runs bad and game mechanics are broken or missing. This is no state a final game should be in.

The game should be feature-complete on day 1 and the DLC should just add to it a little bit. We had to wait 5 months to get a proper sorting mechanic for gear and we are still waiting for a sorting of runes and a proper way to put on a whole set with one button. These are essential features that are a no brainer in any gamy that is properly finished. Valhalla feels like they just released it without finishing the normal stuff that any game should have. Also things like Transmog and NG+. No need in letting us wait this long for such things...

I will try redownloading Valhalla now. It will take around 2 hours and let's see if this fixes the issue. I don't think so but I try.

• Kormac67
    653 posts

@yesin069 It is beyond silly (but apparently fact) that "check game integrity" does not yield the same result as delete and reinstall. Installation integrity is the very foundation a working software is supposed to be built on.

• Yesin069

@kormac67

I deleted and reinstaleld the whole game on PC now and everything is the same.

Everytime I load a save when in-game or fast travel, the autosave and quicksave just stops. This is nothing I will just tolerate or live with because it is annoying when an essential system like saving isn't reliable.

Just another fast travel in the same area, restarting the game or manually saving every 5 minutes are my options and they are all bad.

• SuomiKissa
    12 posts

After reloading, the game has worked and the bugs I encountered before are gone.

• SuomiKissa
    12 posts

Restart / boot the game. If this doesn't help, delete the entire game and reload it completely.
    This fixed the same bug on the Xbox One X myself.

• XNQtionr
    3 posts

Lost three hours of gameplay. I think it triggers once I reload a save after I started playing.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3561 posts

Hello all,

I apologise for the delayed response. Thank you for taking the time to share your reports and experiences within this thread. I'm sorry to hear that you're encountering trouble when auto-saving or quick-saving the game. I've passed these reports along to the development team so they can investigate further.

If you have been affected by this issue, can you please provide us with the following information:

• Which platform and model do you use (e.g. PS4 Slim, Xbox Series S)?
    • When did you notice auto-save/quick-save was no longer working?
    • Have you noticed any triggers for this (such as fast-travelling or when carrying out certain actions/activities)?
    • Are you able to successfully manually save the game?
    • If you're able to provide a video that shows your game not auto-saving/quick-saving as intended, this will be very helpful for further investigation.

If you have noticed issues when auto-saving/quick-saving, we would recommend that you create manual save files frequently to help minimise the risk of losing progression.

Thanks all! 😊

Official Response
  • vanja1004
    9 posts

I’m having the same issue on PS4 after the last update.

Coincidentally the arrow number is not showing either.

I press quick save and icon is not appearing. If I try to load nothing shows up in past hour or so (no quick save I did or autosave).

I do manual save then reload the game, but when it loads Eivor is missing half a health where previously it was a full bar.

If it helps, I’m currently not doing any quest (finished main story), just exploring and going for Noden’s arc. Also, it starts happening when playing for a while without restart, no special trigger. As soon as I notice arrow counter missing, sure enough quick save is not working either.

• Yesin069

@ubi-borealis

Thanks for the reply!

Here are the things i fround out:

• I play on PC!
    • once I reload an earlier save in-game or one fast traveling autosave and quicksave stop working
    • Restarting the whole game or fast traveling in the same area fixes the problem...
    • ...until i choose to fast travel again or load an earlier save.
    • manual saves are always possible but it takes much more time to save manually than to use quicksave

I hope this helps and I hope we can get a hotfix for that because it is one of the most annoying things when the save system in a game is broken and you need to replay content over and over again.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3561 posts

Hello there!

@vanja1004 - Thanks for sharing your report. I'm sorry to hear you're encountering issues with auto/quick-save. I've passed this along to the development team for a closer look.

@Yesin069 - You're welcome! Thanks for providing me with that additional information. I've passed this along to the development team.

If we require any additional information from you, we will reach out within this thread.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Yesin069

@ubi-borealis

Thanks for that!

Hopefully this will get hotfixed, because i am not able to play the game like that or even the DLC. It is just impossible to have fun with the game if i always have to double check if the save system currently works.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics