Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • Deepo-U
    4 posts

@theeelf I'm getting this error when using quick resume as well.

• Caraamon
    43 posts

@yesin069 From my limited understanding, the patch schedule has something to do with the fact that Stadia wants every change submitted weeks before release so they can test it themselves.

While this is based on some offhand comments in various forums, it's backed up by the fact that every game I've played that also appears on Stadia has also lengthened their patch schedule, so I believe it.

• Kormac67
    570 posts

@caraamon If Stadia tested anything this game would never have launched there. πŸ˜›

• Yesin069
    Original poster 547 posts

@caraamon

You have a great point there!

Sadly Stadia is a mess that just should shut down and not impact any game patching.

• Nohutcan
    2 posts

@ubi-borealis you're welcome πŸ™‚ and I apologize for my English, It's not my native language.

First of all, I own the ultime version of the game and playing on PC.

Problem occurs exactly after pressing "Assign" button in the Jomsviking customize screen, not after building the barracks. So now, I just built the barracks but not speak with that lady in charge and did not recuit the Jomsviking and it seems everything working smooth.

By the way, after this problem occurs, I can still use manual save/load, but no autosave or quicksave anymore...

To tell you how the problem reveals exactly, I need to explain it in steps: (again, sorry for my English)

1. I built Barracks
    2. I recuited Jomsviking.
    3. I kept playing, autosave and quicksave was working, so I made a new quicksave
    4. I loaded the last savefile (via quickload or manual load, doesn't matter)
    5. Now, I could still play the game, but autosave and quicksave functions were not working any more
    6. I quited to desktop (I tried quitting to title but it'd not solve the problem)
    7. Re-launch the game
    8. In the main menu, I pressed "Continue"
    9. It loaded the last quicksave I made
    10. Now, autosave and quicksave was working
    11. After playing a while and making some quicksaves, I pressed quickload
    12. After opening the last save, autosave and quicksave functions were not working any more, again...

So, as far as I can see the problem occurs after recuiting the Jomsviking, then saving and then loading the game... But exiting and relaunching the game and the selecting "CONTINUE" seems fixing this, until you loading again... After attempting any loadgame, the game stops autosaving and you can't use quicksave either...

I hope I could explained well πŸ™‚

• Torean9990
    8 posts

@ubi-borealis Ok, so, I've tried a bit more, and it's kinda gotten worse.

So, to answer your questions, I have 4 actual save files... But only had one before this started happening, which was last night. As for a video, how should I go about sending that?

Anyway, I'll further describe what's happening. First off, the problem keeps coming back. So far, fast traveling is a definite way for autosaves to resume and let me quicksave. But those quickly seem to go away. If I try to quicksave, nothing happens. But here's another weird thing I noticed. My stamina bar keeps ending up on the bottom right of the screen, like overlapped by my health bar. I wonder if these issues are related.

• Torean9990
    8 posts

@ubi-borealis Also, to clarify, my manual saves seem to be working fine... So far.

• longjohn119
    478 posts
    @yesin069 From my limited understanding, the patch schedule has something to do with the fact that Stadia wants every change submitted weeks before release so they can test it themselves.

While this is based on some offhand comments in various forums, it's backed up by the fact that every game I've played that also appears on Stadia has also lengthened their patch schedule, so I believe it.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sony was doing the same thing after getting burned by Cyberpunk .....

• longjohn119
    478 posts

The saves in this game have been broken since it was released .... Go look at the 5/7/2021 Known Issues list and anytime you see

Unable to progress ....
    Unable to proceed .....
    Unable to interect .....

Then you know there is a broken save .... All those problems are essentially the same save file bug causing saves to not properly mark events/milestones as completed and 9 times out of 10 even if the bug gets fixed you have to start again from fresh because you have dozens of hours of new data written to the save making it impossible to recover

A save file is basically a database of events, gear you own, resources you have collected and other information that is then loaded into the game when you start it up ..... If it is missing information then you have problems

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2029 posts

Hello there,

@Nohutcan - Thank you for providing me with more information, as well as detailing your steps further for me. This is very helpful for the investigation! Thanks for confirming that you can still manually save as well. I've let the development team know this. Also, don't worry about your English! Your post is absolutely fine, and you've explained yourself and the situation excellently 😊

@Torean9990 - I'm sorry to hear that your saving issue has gotten worse. Thank you for updating us, and for providing the additional information I requested. I'm glad to hear that your manual saves are still working as intended.

If you have captured a video that shows the auto-save/quick-save not working, could you please upload it to a sharing platform (such as YouTube or Google Drive) and send us an unlisted link in this thread. We can then include this in your report to the development team. I've also let them know that fast travelling is a definite way for your saves to resume, but it is not a long-term resolution. I'm not sure if the overlapping health and stamina bars are related, but I've included this in your report.

Thank you πŸ™‚

Official Response
  • Yesin069

It still does not work!!! Why the hell do we have to wait 5 weeks (or even longer) for a fix to the save system???

I dont care for the DLC. When the main game is still broken Ubisoft should delay all DLC and new content until the main stuff is fixed to a level where most people can enjoy it. Since the release of the last update i am not able to play the game because of constant manual saving.

• Kormac67
    570 posts

@yesin069 Well, DLC owners would be most unhapyy if the DLC was delayed even more.

• Yesin069

@kormac67

Watch Dogs Legion did the same. They delayed the online mode and DLC for more than 3 months to fix the main game first. Even if it is a bad game still, they made the right decisions.

• Torean9990
    8 posts

@ubi-borealis https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbBl11GuY-rDjbRZxk5xxSw/videos. That's a link to my video that shows the health/stamina overlap, a failed quicksave, and the loading screen proving that a quicksave didn't happen. The same thing is happening with autosaves - it doesn't show the symbol at the bottom right when it should, and then when I look, no autosave was made.

I appreciate your help with this!

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2029 posts

Hello there,

@Yesin069 - The development team are still investigating this issue further, and have not yet released any fixes for the issue. I apologise for any disappointment caused by this. Please rest assured that they are treating this issue seriously, and the player support team are passing on all reports that have been shared with us to assist in the ongoing investigation. We are regularly checking in with the developers to see if there are any new updates to share with you.

As soon as we have more information from the team, we will let you know in this thread as soon as possible. Any fixes will be communicated in the News & Announcements forum as well.

@Torean9990 - Thank you for capturing a video for us! This is very helpful for the investigation. I've added this to the report you submitted earlier so the development team can take a closer look.

Thank you 😊

Official Response
  • Acheron18
    1 posts

@ubi-borealis The same thing just happened to me. I'm playing on PC. I had just recruited my first Jomsviking and went on a raid. After the raid was done both autosaves and quicksaves stopped working. There is was no indication that it didn't work other than the save icon not appearing. I lost two hours of progress because I needed to go back to an earlier save, only to find they weren't there. I only use three main save slots that I rotate between.

I seem to recall the exact same thing happening i Odyssey from time to time. It's a bit embarrassing when the same bug is still present in the next game a few years later.

• Kormac67
    570 posts

Been playing the DLC for two evenings (PC) and zero saving issues.

• Yesin069

@kormac67

So maybe it has to do with game progress and it just stops at some point and reappears again, which makes it even more difficult to fix...

I am currently at the Snotinghamscire-arc in the main story and have just Winchester and Hamtunscire left to finish the main game. I am waiting for over 1 month now to just finish the last part of the game and to be honest i lost any interest in doing it by now.

I always wait for the next update to fix a issue that is annoying me and than new issues appear with every update that are even more annoying.

• Yesin069

At least this issue is now "currenntly under investigation" in the "known issues" thread.

BUT

If this really doesn't get fixed with the next update in June I will 100% delete this game and don't look back. This is no world event or UI issue that I can look past because it doesn't hinder my progress. This is gamebreaking! I can't enjoy a single second playing this game when I know the save system is flawed or doesn't always work properly.

They still have two weeks to put this into the "issues that will be adressed with the next update" tab...

• Torean9990
    8 posts

@ubi-borealis thanks again! I do have to note an update... I've gotten to play a couple of times (a few hours overall) since my last message, and neither of those problems have happened since. Previously, it was happening about 5 minutes into playing every time I loaded my game. Hopefully it fixed itself, but I'm keeping a watch on it.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics