Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• LA_Frankie
    Original poster 77 posts

Is this working as intended or a bug from Update?
    Obviously, it would make sense that dummy targets did not count towards kills, but why change it now? Dummy kills have worked since Challenges went live back in February.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• thegardener25
    112 posts

@la_frankie Since the launch of the game & the new stats section in UbiConnect. All kills were recorded in stats page including taking down a straw dummy! If you go to UbiConnect, select Stats, then 'Weapon Usage'. There's a line that reads, "Here are all the warriors you have slain and sent to Valhalla". I checked this months ago. It's not just enemies, or predatory animals. I don't know about civilian npc's, but, eels, perch, puffins, cows, sheep, squirrels & even strawmen are being "sent to Valhalla"!

I think the 1st week of the connect challenges required killing with light shields, so I tried it out on the 4 dummies in the settlement (only because I was adamant I wouldn't play the game using shields), & it worked, but most other weapons challenges, I used against enemies in the world. Using dummies for assassination challenges made it easy, when the challenge was 50 or 100. But you get no xp or loot from dummies! And the Community Challenges, where you had to assassinate a jisillion enemies, was a step too far! There's no way any player could get any satisfaction of continually doing the rounds with those Norwegian Dummies. I tried, but, Lincoln is my go to for assassination runs, (although there are a few smaller locations that are just made for assassin cleanouts).

I noticed Jorraptor put out a video earlier that mentioned the strawman change, & found a new location. I'm surprised, because for the past couple of months, I've been going to the 'BBB' underground 'Fight Club' for my weekly challenges. There are 25 guys, bare knuckled & bare chested, which means they have no weapons, or armour, but they want to fight! If you forgot where it is, it's in Ledecesterscire. If you walk into the centre of the longhouse in the Ravensthorpe settlement, looking straight ahead at Eivor's bedroom. If you look left & right & you are parallel with the elongated fire-pit to the left & the jarls throne on the right, then you need to take one small step forward & don't move! Then select map. There's a black cross which is directly South over the Trent river from Wenloch Abbey. So select that cross, then exit map. If you look at the navi-bar, your highlighted spot should be exactly 2000m from where you're standing (I know a pic or video would be better, but that's how I got my head around clarifying the location on my first couple of visit's).

This weeks was better than most, because I got a double hit. when you first approach these guys, they are packed like sardines. They don't come straight at you. You have to assassinate the 1st one, then they spread out & fully respawn, because there are so many of them, even though they are unarmed, you are (although for a short time) constantly having to dodge, because no matter where you are in this underground room, you constantly come up against red or amber guys. But as I said, with this weeks challenges, 1st you floor these guys for the bare-fist challenge, then you just equip the flails, & use heavy (R2 on ps4) attack, rather than R1 light attack to avoid assassinating them, & you get numbers for the Bare-fisted & Flail challenges. So 2 for 1.

• Garbo3
    778 posts

@la_frankie I never used the dummies as want to play the game. I wait every week for this challenges to give me something to do. But even before completing 100% of the game never used that cheat as there's no fun in it. A game is to be played ,that's my belief though dont mind what others do.
    Said that am afraid I got bad news. Is been patched. Dummies work no longer anymore as JoRraptor said in his most recent video.
    Will be more time consuming for those used to do the challenges dummie way,specially 100 assassinations. For me this 2 are the most time consuming ,assassinations and knock down enemies therefore they are my faves. Keep me busy while wait for DLC.

• Kormac67
    666 posts

For knock down you can just beat up civilians.

• Garbo3
    778 posts

@kormac67 or go to a farm and do to the chickens,cows ,pigs ,sheeps etc. But I rather have something to do..
    But is a good solution for those who lack the time or just prefer it done quickly .

• axlslak23
    100 posts

It's a matter of principle. Since the only gain is for opals, I will do it in the most lazy cheating way possible. Because I hate Ubi for what they did to this game. Even if I could do it the right way... I DON'T WANT TO.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics