Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• michkickalow234
    Original poster 1 posts

I can only play this game for 5mins cause of the neck bothering experince. I would like a option in the next patch to be able to center Evior in the middle of my screen like in AC odyssey.
    I cant play this game cause it bothers my neck and makes me look off to the left and make me dizzie cause im looking off to the left.
    If a option isnt put in to fix my neck aching problem and it going to be like this in the next game i just wont buy it.
    Its not fun to play a game that dosent fit my basic needs like camera positioning.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• ImaginaryRuins
    397 posts

@michkickalow234 Have you played Dead Space, Resident Evil 4, and Batman Arkham series? All of them, critically-acclaimed, have mandatory over-the-shoulder camera with the protagonists to the left side of the screen.

Feel free to not buy the next AC title.

• Garbo3
    654 posts

@michkickalow234 I got a serious issue in my spine that need surgery. Is right where the neck gets joined to the base of the skull.I cant look left or get serious dizziness and nausea. Just sit sideways instead facing the screen. It does help 😉

• UbiKobold
    Ubisoft Support Staff 541 posts

Hi everyone, and thank you all for your feedback regarding the camera view in Assassin's Creed Valhalla. I'm so sorry michkickalow234 and Garbo3 for any inconvenience that the camera view has caused. As someone who also experiences motion sickness with certain camera views in games, I completely understand and have forwarded this up to the Game team for review and consideration. Thank you Garbo3 for providing your workaround of sitting sideways instead of facing the screen directly.

If anyone else is experiencing a similar issue with the camera view causing motion sickness, dizziness, and/or nausea please let me know.

Official Response
  • Garbo3
    654 posts

@ubikobold oh no no
    My problem is got nothing to do with the game. I was just giving some advice, am happy with the camera. 😊

• UbiKobold
    Ubisoft Support Staff 541 posts

@garbo3 Thank you for clarifying! Also, I appreciate the advice. 🙂

Official Response
  • B00MSIE
    321 posts

@ubikobold

I get migraines and dizziness from the screen tearing and sudden unexpected movements that occur after the finishers. I was happy you could turn the finishers of, but the game still does them and the camera swaps away very strangely sometimes after them. I always have to pause the game a minute when this happens.

But my biggest problem is the screen tearing (Xbox series x), it looks like the prediction of a migraine (I see that kind of distortions in real live when I am about to get a migraine) to me and after some time causes a real one.

• Garbo3
    654 posts

@b00msie What you see is called Aura. I suffer from migraines since childhood ,better stay away from gaming when you see the lights before it becomes a proper fireworks show.
    https://www.webmd.com/migraines-headaches/migraine-auras-explained

We got to put up with it,is not their fault. I missed the Yule festival because I was sick for weeks. But it is what it is.
    I got better medication now that at least get rid of the vomiting, maybe you should ask your neurologist for specific migraine sickness nausea tablets. You can only get them under prescription, is called metoclopramide,it works ,trust me. 😊

• B00MSIE
    321 posts

@garbo3

Thanks for the tip. I have had migraines since puberty and played with through all Xbox generations. Only had problems with FPS games that had camera wobbling while running. I never had this problem with any AC and almost never get an migraine attack from gaming, until Valhalla. But I am sensitive for images that have distortions. Especially the incomplete screen tearing is a problem for me. A full tear is less a problem, but the constant small tears are really bad. I actually had less problems with the more visible tearing this game had just after release. I also tried quality mode, but the sudden camera movements that seem to increase after each update I feel are worse in quality mode. I now disable HDR, but it should simply work like it supposed to.

• Garbo3
    654 posts

@b00msie I got HDR disabled too,it helps.
    Am sensitive to white lights,so going to hospital makes my migraines worse 🙃 hahaha.
    Well hope you find a way to enjoy gaming 😊.
    I just don't touch the console when I am sick,got no choice. And I avoid FPS too,they trigger my migraines badly. Put big sigh in here 😕

• Mordule
    35 posts

@imaginaryruins

There are a lot more. Most 3rd person games are over the shoulder unless they are top down. Mass Effect (all 3) Fallout 3-4. Those you can switch from left to right. Try playing Nier Automata the camera and POV switches all the time. I do not understand how neck turning becomes involved unless you use a second monitor. This sounds more like an eye or neurological problem. I have Meniere's Disease. Every game makes me dizzie (dizzy) at first until I stop and orient. It helps me to slow mouse acceleration. I can actually get vertigo. I have learned to live with this and do not expect people to design a game around my problem.

I am sorry but I do not believe @michkickalow234 

• Garbo3
    654 posts

@mordule
    I agree with you,I don't go to hospital and ask them to change the lights for yellow ones. Is MY problem, not theirs.

When you start the console it warns you that may cause dizziness , nausea ,seizures etc and you get the same warning again when you load any game. So is in the user hands to stop playing or put up with the consequences if you suffer from health issues . You can't blame the game in any way.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics