Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• TORFINR
    Original poster 370 posts

Hej there
    According to

and the data mining they've done, there might be Daily mission in the next DLC.
    Did you understand the same than me?
    Do you believe in it?
    Do you expect it?
    For my part, it would be like the arrival of the messiah, but ... is it real? After 6 months or so of "false replayability" do we see the end of the tunnel?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• TORFINR

@torfinr The feature I was refering to, can be found in the video at 1:18

• Garbo3
    778 posts

@torfinr I just hope we got more variety and difficulty scalating. Cause right now I kill enemies in 2 secs. Found nice combination of weapon armour and runes. Am light and fast .Wear to seaxes ( if that's the correct word) and all perks and runes about critical chance and damage. I am like speedy gonzalez lol and deal a lot of damage. 2 secs to take down average guys. If sprint and press R1 they die in one hit.
    So yeah. Hope to find dlc more challenging.

• Garbo3
    778 posts

@garbo3 well we get daily quests alteady but only 2. I wish we had more appart from the 3rd on Tuesday.
    What do you exactly mean???

• TORFINR

@garbo3 Good point really

We can understand those speculations in two different ways:

• the pessimistic way: it's just new targets for the two (or more) Redda quests that we already have.
    • the optimistic way: we'll have a lot of "new" daily quests for xp / silver in different locations (à la Odyssey / quest board)

• thegardener25
    128 posts

@torfinr No we don't understand these speculations in 2 different ways. I mean pessimism or optimism? Speculation is open ended. People have been able to find files that hint at something we don't know about. To me it just looks like the daily reda quests. I checked my trophies for AC Odyssey DLC Episodes, & the time stamps for gaining the 1st trophy to the last in each episode was just over 24 hours (real time, not game time). So I can't remember how long I played each episode before the 1st trophy popped, but I'd imagine it was probably a couple of hours. So let's say that each of the 3 episodes were around 36 hours to play. We're probably going to be in Ireland for minimum 4.5 days, so it's likely that those files refer to reda quests, to save players having to leave & go back to England in order to complete dailies at Reda. But I have to question your optimistic view. I've noticed some of your recent posts, where you just seem to hate this game. I have my own reasons for not loving this game. But I won't go into that just now, because I'm not one of those serial moaners. But seriously, your optimistic view is to have , "a lot of "new" daily quests for xp/silver"? Didn't you start playing the game around launch time? Do you not have enough 'xp/silver'? You don't seem to be looking for much.

• TORFINR

@thegardener25 I started to be extremely critical against the game roughly 3 weeks after its release for one simple reason: the game lacks activities, I mean interesting activities, outside the main story arc.
    My line has been constant since then as the game hasnt evolve, and the only thin hope of evolution (River Raids) was a total let down. If I remember right I was one of the 1st, if not the 1st in these forums to speak about the lack of replayability of the game. When I say so I compare Valhalla to Odyssey mainly.

For me there are clearly two options now: either they add something that will really add things to chew (and I was hoping that these data mined quests are more than simple Redda quests) either the game is over (for good and for me). So sorry to say but yes, there are two ways, call them pessimism and optimism, good or bad, evolution of lack of evolution, but it's the way it is.

I've been in the game since its release, with a huge break between February and yesterday, simply because I didnt find interesting things to do (once more compared to Odyssey which has such actitivites). You've been in the game/forums since the release too, thegardener, so tell us, assuming that you still play, what do you do in it? You hunt bunnies near the village? You play orlog? You fish? No because you see, I've been trying to find interesting things to do in the game without success. Either you're having fun in the game, and then please tell us your secret: how do you do?
    Either you're as bored and disappointed as players from day1 (or have left a long time ago) and then I'm sure you can understand what I wrote about being pessimistic and optimistic.

• TORFINR
    @torfinr (...) Didn't you start playing the game around launch time? Do you not have enough 'xp/silver'? You don't seem to be looking for much.

No. silver --> books of knowledge + xp = skills
    You can never have enough silver and xp.
    We can debate that it's not fun, dull, and that it's not worth my time, sure... but then why are you here reading what I write and not playing a new game ? 😉
    The game is a turd in term of RPG, but it has some potential to become better. That's what they call hope. Or naivety.

• Outlander1982
    123 posts

What kind of activities you think it would be worth adding ? Honestly I have a couple ideas of side activity in mind,horses race,drakkar race,bigger contract a la Odyssey like fishing contract,killing targets contract,retrieving items,ect.

They made a huge world for us to explore,why not some sort of Geocashing,don't remember the exact term,it's a game they do with google map,that could be interesting for some people.

I know a lot is not ''AC'' related but whatever.

• Garbo3
    778 posts

The battles in Odissey where good fun and repleyable. River Raids are pointless. I just go raid on my on to perform weekly challenges. But challenges aren't that challenging if you finished game and are overpowered.
    I really would like enemies difficult scalate according to your level. Otherwise theres no challenge at all.

• TORFINR

@outlander1982 Yes, contracts, random repeatable missions (something like the mission boards in Odyssey).

• TORFINR

In the video:

Here's is what you can see @1:13 :
    undefined
    It's much more than the 2 daily + 1 weekly contract we have now.

• Garbo3
    778 posts

@torfinr Thanks for the video 😊
    See how many days they give you to complete the quests though. This may be cause there's people that cannot play every day to do dayli quests so am guessing if you clear all those in one go you will have to wait a week or so to get more missions. Just guessing. We will find out in 12 days.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics