Game only uses 6 cpu cores at max, and too much gpu. Needs to be rebalanced!0 Likes/2 Replies/75 ViewsOriginal poster Duckers_Mcquack 13 posts
So, i just experimented with valhalla since i can't get over 100 fps unless i literally go 720p with 50% resolution scale and rest on lowest looking like a higher end version of valheim on a nintendo wii.
Game does not use more than 6 cores with my testing with setting affinity in task manager to pack the cpu usage to X amount of cores only, which explains the 60 fps max in norway and 40% gpu usage in 720p with rest on lowest. I had to set resolution scale to 50% to achieve 100 fps which made the game look like a wii game.
And the usual graphics i have is 1440p with everything on lowest except textures on max, and clouds on high as medium looks bad, as well as clutter on medium to have some grass at least, and i get 55 fps in norway, and 85 in the wilderness in england and 55 fps in lunden.
Please optimize the game more. This performance is just plain bad. AC odyssey at least balanced the load with using even a first gen 1920x all core to properly use multithread performance. While valhalla seems to have core capped the game to only 6 cores and moved some of the cpu intensive stuff to the gpu as well which explains why valhalla butchers my 2080 in 1440p on more or less lowest and struggles to upkeep framerate with the few 6 cores it has been allocated.
R9 5900x 12 core
RTX 2080 x trio
32GB trident Z neo 3600mhz ram
Game on a MX500 2TB ssd.
Ubisoft Support Staff UbiKobold 895 posts
Hey Duckers_Mcquack, and I hope that you are having a good day! Thank you for reaching out about the low FPS and optimization issues that you have encountered with the game. The Game team is currently looking into this issue, and here is a Megathread where other players have provided similar reports. However, I have a couple of questions for you and would like to forward your info to be included with the ongoing investigation.
- When did this issue first occur for you? If from when you first started playing, when did you first start the game?
- What is your average CPU usage? GPU usage? Frame rate?
- You mentioned different FPS in Norway, Lunden, and the wilderness. Are there any other locations or actions performed in-game that cause significant FPS drops?
- Can you run a benchmark test within the game and send me a full-screen and un-cropped image of the results?
- Can you create a Support Ticket and attach your DxDiag file? Then provide the ticket number here.
Thank you so much as this information really helps the Game team further their investigation!