Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • Garbo3
    Original poster 589 posts

Hello. Before the update my 2 main weapons diamond runes where always displayed on top of the life bar. I use two seaxes .
    This is how normally it used to look when theres enemies around or in conflict: undefined
    You can see both runes active. Ok.

Sometimes only one appears as active, and many times none of them even when in the middle of a fight. I get hit as pay attention to see if their Icons appear but seems to be random.
    I don't know if its a bug just no showing the rune symbol but still can profit their perks in battle or if they don't appear above my life bar they not working.
    Any idea on this??

undefined

Both should be always active as am a light weight..and specially the rune that's missing on second pic increases your critical damage when close to full health.As you see am very virtually healthy as pic shows.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Polyedra
    84 posts

@garbo3 i notice some runes falling away for me too. this thing though, i kinda ignore.. i usually just assume things are working... cuz i forget and i mix in mind so not really sure what is going on! but ya, i observe some runes falling off also.
    + for dual daggers. i go dual daggers and experiment with hammers and also single weapon, flail + shield and single sword. dual daggers best so far, imo. good single dmg, highest maybe; probably, i think. best single stun, that for sure, and appliance of fire or poison. They say dual spears and i try single spear, excellent i must say; the reach.. but.. not my style and dual slower so.. i don't like that at all. single spear may be interesting doe, ima see that later ๐Ÿ™‚
    sorry i go off-topic on ur daggers but it best thing, garbo! i need communicate that :))

• katzenkrimis71
    157 posts

Sometimes only one appears as active, and many times none of them even when in the middle of a fight.

===

303 hours I've played this game and not once have I ever seen a rune icon there.

I didn't even know they were supposed to show up there.

Thanks for tip.

• Garbo3

@polyedra Thanks
    I used to wear thor hammesr plus axe before And most of the game spear in main hand and Varin axe in left. Very good combo.

• Garbo3

@katzenkrimis71 Not even on middle of fights?? Sometimes I got 7 or 8 icons up there between armour set perks and runes

• Polyedra
    84 posts

@garbo3 have u tried thor hammer + excalibur? how that go, if u did?
    I don't like hammer + axe much, cuz axe so heavy u rarely get the extra hit i feel. varin's one of the better choices but rn i go with mento's, and it don't stack with varin - the speed - making it even less interesting. but if i did go thegn's... idk doe, hammer also heavy. it all about dodging cuz it so op. it also give dmg cuz u can be in right spot at right time. That what finally killed thegn's for me, I think.. cuz i just can't make up for the dodging, even if i get runes i think. Actually, y not get feather runes instead of warrior runes for armor? maybe feather for weapon also, instead of haste. Dodge for days. Super value against a throng.
    Dual hammers doe. I love hammer tertiary leap attack to hammering ground, it fatal if u do correct execution into light attacks to recuperate. BUT it leave u open during the hammering, not like dodge in with dual daggers, dmg .. maybe kil if no one react. if there reaction, parry and switch target maybe. or finish ofc. if there's too much, i just go dodging around, terrorizing where i can. eventually some guy die.. then next one. Hammers much harder for this. but i guess teh macho choice. it very satisfying landing good hits with a hammer. the short reach make it an expert's weapon, imo. cuz u can't just smash it, like daggers, u actually haz to land hits and there's gona be a break for them to recover unless u can hammer them down with heavies (which take A LOT of stamina), so that mean they gona counter.. which is bad 4 u if u smashing ur face on the keys.
    Imo, if u looking for attack speed: go with light shield and single hammer. it better, imo, than dual hammers. much better, even. cuz while dual hammers haz an enormous dmg potential, that potential will never be reached on a harder enemy while single hammer faster hits, which is seemingly wat u looking for, will realize its potential cuz u actually gona land hits reliably, without opening urself too much with draining ur stamina. I certain single handed is the stronger choice to dual wield, but not in the case of daggers.. cuz their hit stun, speed and low stamina drain make it the safest weapon in the game. Otherwise, i think, well i am, looking for speed, not damage. The speed is crucial cuz u gona land ur hits before u haz to dodge out. speed best stat, i think.. if not feather.
    So ya, that what doctor Poly think about hammer and axe hehe ;))
    plz, Garbo; tell of thor hammer.
    oh, i read ur post right now again and see u go with spear and varin axe! there spear with varin axe effect i think, if u interested. And that one don't stack, same as with mento's.
    I need more experience with spear.. but ima do single hand. I liked it a lot better for swords at least.
    Edit: ah well.. nm all my off-topic! i just starved of a conversation ๐Ÿ˜ž I don't know anything more about the rune displays. i support ur efforts in this though. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Garbo3

@polyedra I tried excalibur but too slow for me. Spear on main hand plus varins axe kept me going till the very end of the game along with brigandine armour. Keeps distances. Is good mix.
    I been using Thors hummer after end game but don't like the fact how easy is to kill stun everybody around so no challenge thats why now for my own fun and going to close combat two seax ,light weight, the only ones that give me trouble are the kingsmen always but being light and fast you sprint light attack and you deal a lot of gamage. Practicing to improve my timings .Just trying to make the game more fun once I am so overpowered. I really hope the DLC enemies scalate in difficulty. I go river raid on my own and kill everybody in no time with the two seax. Dont need the supplies as theres nothing to spend them on.
    I think I found the best combination for me. Is fun as is really close combat so need to get the timing right.
    If I need to do a challenging boss fight in future may change for spear with axe or Thors Hammer with axe.. Always Varins axe though. I Like its perks.

• Polyedra
    84 posts

@garbo3 i can imagine thor's hammer being op af from reading.. i don't remember exactly how it went now but that stuff was busted af! LOL and.. ya, excalibur's trait's probably even better. or close. it so heavy cc that speed don't really matter i think. but like, i don't think fun for me either. it something i'd get tired of after a single fight.
    brigandine u say... hmm, i never considered it but the perk is very solid. 2 enemies happen extremely frequently and it's a great bonus, really. I went with mento's for speed, same reason as u i think, with varin's. And then thegn's for that crit dmg and crit. But thegn's i feel is too heavy so now it's mento's again.. brigandine doe, maybe that next step for me..?? :))
    sick armor.. 30?? that a lot of armor. makes a lot of difference. it special case with 5 enemies though, i feel. Still proper with 10 or 20 armor bonus also, so i think solid choice.

• Garbo3

@polyedra well I got equipped a lot of -1.5 weight runes. Plus critical damage.
    Will play at 3 may take some pics as cant remember now lol

• vm4M9Tz4pB
    55 posts

talents on gear and weapon is active and runes will be showed only if it meet its defined condition.

• Garbo3

@vm4m9tz4pb yes thing is I got equipped extra critical damage when close to full health and am always full health when start conflict. The other one is increase critical chance the lighter you are and I am a light weight so they were always on this two. Now the appear or dissappear randomly.

• Garbo3

@Ubi-Borealis @ubi-smash @Ubi-Mark
    Little update. Got video evidence plus workaround. This bug/glitch affects your stats massively.
    Is annoying as everytime you fast travel you have to reequip weapons as shown in video every single time. Skip to 3.50 please.

Thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š

• azullFR
    488 posts

@garbo3
    I agree with you ๐Ÿ™‚
    The bug related to the "Full Health Runes" as always been there
    Since Patch: 1.2.1 t's just easier to "reload" the runes =

• you don't have to open inventory + take another weapon + close inventory + take the good weapon
    • Now : just open inventory + "click" on another weapon + "re-click" the good weapon

That's not good at all but just a little easier ....

Here a video :

Have a nice day ๐Ÿ™‚

• Garbo3

@azullfr Oh thats much better, thank you so much ๐Ÿ˜Š.

• ubi-smash
    Ubisoft Support Staff 360 posts

Hey folks! Thanks for tagging us in this post. I've collected the videos sent along with a few cloud saves to share with our game team to look over. If you capture any further video clips or screenshots to share of this, please add them here and tag me in the post.

Official Response
  • Garbo3

@ubi-smash The issue is always present, when you load the game or every time you fast travel you got to do this woraround to get the weapon runes working.

• ubi-smash
    Ubisoft Support Staff 360 posts

@garbo3 After talking with the team, they are looking into further details to review this. Could you share any other weapons/runes that you have witnessed this issue from whenever you have loaded the game or fast traveled (this is for other weapons and runes that were not presented in video clips already)?

Official Response
  • Garbo3

@ubi-smash will do tomorrow ๐Ÿ˜Š

• azullFR
    488 posts

@ubi-smash
    @Garbo3
    I found a new one : Heavy Weight related

here a video :

Nice day to all ๐Ÿ™‚

• Garbo3

I changed my weapons,the new rune is in the spear,increase attack when close to full health.
    I loaded the game today and as shown in the video the runes were inactive,I selected new weapons,with a different rune this time equipped in the spear. You see the 3 are active but after fast travelling they aren't active anymore.
    Sorry am slow when selecting items,my brain suffers from lag ๐Ÿ˜… skip to minute 1:30 please

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics