Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• ImaginaryRuins
    Original poster 418 posts

After patch 1.2.1, the colour of health recovery in the health bar has changed from light green to yellow.

I was wondering if any ubisoft staff member could past my humble feedback to the dev. team: how about making the colour azure instead?

If that colour change has been made in response to red-green-colour-blind people, I can respect that, and yet yellow is a colour which is often associated with warnings, while by comparison, azure is usually considered to be more positive, in tune with health recovery, and is a better colour contrasting red (which is when health is lost).

Yours truly

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Garbo3
    778 posts

@imaginaryruins well. I was14 years with a color blind person. There's different variations though. But his world was mainly blue yellow and grey. There's a website that shows you how color blind people pictures look comparing to the original picture. I understand why he struggled to play games without color blind option. I had to stand by the TV and point enemies at him. He quit gaming because of this but that is like decades ago and luckily more games offer color blind option now.
    So maybe has to do with the different variations of color blind. There's no one type only.

• Yesin069
    554 posts

For me the green colour was good enough. I dont know why they even bothered changing it to yellow because health regen and the colour green fit well together.

The adrenaline bar is already yellow and hopefully this is just a visual bug.

Regarding colourblind: There are already colourblind options in the game for people who need that (which i really like from Ubisoft games in general) so there is no need to change the colours in the normal mode for everyone.

I would prefer the green one and hope that one day we can get a new update that just fixes stuff without breaking 10 other things or changing them unintenionally...

• lemmie88
    204 posts

I think its a bug. The whole UI got messed up in 1.2.1. Besides the color, sometimes the runes don't show up, the arrow counter disappears, and some people even have the stamina bar transposed too far left. 🤦

• Yesin069
    554 posts

@lemmie88

It would be a miracle at this point when we finally get a game that we can enjoy without those issues...

This is why always say: live-service-roadmaps shouldnt be in singleplayer games! This just means we are still in the early-access phase of this game and many features are still missing or bugged. When you want to enjoy this game - wait for maybe 6 more months.

Every new upodate will bring more issues than it fixes because the game wasnt finished in the first place and they still have to introduce some basic features which always will break stuff.

• katzenkrimis71
    191 posts

Some people even have the stamina bar transposed too far left.

======

I get that occasionally. With the stamina bar partially blocked by other UI elements.

It seems to correct itself fairly quickly, but I'm not sure when or how. I try to ignore it.

It must correct during a load screen.

• lemmie88
    204 posts
    When you want to enjoy this game - wait for maybe 6 more months.

Haha, idk, at the rate they're adding bugs, I think in 6 months it will implode my PC.

I only have the most rudimentary knowledge of programming... so is this normal? maybe in early stage development? To have such bizarrely unrelated bugs? I mean, there was flying and folding fish, system crashes, broken questlines, dead children, etc etc. To my untrained eye, it seems broken in almost a fundamental way.

• Polyedra
    84 posts

I think the yellow is gold, umm literally, and that it looks more fancy than green. Ya, i like it better! hah.
    anyway, so my stamina bar went behind the life bar.. that was bad but i don't think it's like that anymore. Hehe, computers and programs truly make no sense to me at all xP
    Edit: Also, I against azure! just wanted to point that out.

• Yesin069
    554 posts

@lemmie88

This happens when you release an unfinsihed game to launch with your media partner xbox series x.

The problem isnt that those issues are unfixable, it has just to do with human ressource management after the launch of a game. The devs do the most in the last steps before launch. This is the time where they all together focus on fixing bugs and polishing the game with all they have. After release this usually switches dramatically. Most devs switch to new projects or have to work on nw content, so not many are left for bugfixes.

In conclusion: It is always better to delay a game and make the release as bugfree as possible because after launch this will get a lot harder to manage. Every bit of new content is a new source of problems and every bugfix on one side can break many things on other sides that have nothing to do with each other. All in all Ubisoft made their money and we a beta testers for this early-access version.

I am sure with both DLC and all content this game will be fine but currently it is just a broken mess and i also think this will damage the brand. Valhalla sold very well and all those people wont forget the bugs and the bad "free content" so the next AC will never reach the same sale numbers as Valhalla. I surely wont buy the next game before one year has past after launch.

• Polyedra
    84 posts

imo.. they should be working on the same game. Like valhalla should be odyssey, just in a new world.. new map. And the systems should never be abandoned. so team would always be working on it, never new thing. So next game would be in aztec land or whatever.. but same engine, or engine they currently use, and same system. it new story ofc! but system same.
    that wat i think. i probably wrong on everything so nm.

• Garbo3
    778 posts

@lemmie88 yes,am having the runes not showing up issue too.

• Garbo3
    778 posts

@yesin069 Agree. Wont buy at launch after all the bugs experienced . Am concerned about DLC bringing more trouble.

• lemmie88
    204 posts

@yesin069 Thanks so much for the explanation. It helps a lot with managing expectations and rationalizing what seemed to me was a callous response by Ubisoft. I really appreciate it! 😊

I was burnt pretty bad by this experience too, but in part because I was probably too much of a fan beforehand. Had too much faith in them. They taught me better.

@Garbo3 Fortunately, I don't think the missing runes has any effect on gameplay. But I'm not sure I'd notice if it did! 😅

• Garbo3
    778 posts

@lemmie88 I can't tell either lol.

• Polyedra
    84 posts

@garbo3 it's difficult to say, but with speed buffs it is noticeable even small points when u use a slow weapon. But... it's elusive af.

• katzenkrimis71
    191 posts

The colour of health recovery in the health bar has changed from light green to yellow.

=====

Oh my god, how do you guys even notice stuff like this? I'm always focused on more important things in video games. While the health bar apparently changes colour, I'll be wondering why the enemy I struck flew 40 feet into the air.

I probably wouldn't even notice the health bar change, anyway. I'm colourblind with certain shades of greens and blues.

• Polyedra
    84 posts

@polyedra I very attentive to things in my games. symbols and all that. idk wat they mean all the time but if something changes, i notice. I see this in games a lot, small changes they make, and big ones, but never say. There's so many that it's not possible to keep track of them.
    This is actually an affliction of mine doe xD cuz it so annoying i can't ignore the various symbols. I always try and minimize the elements of the ui. Thankfully, i got this elephant screen: 32:9 and it so big that it alleviates the issues for me to an extent.

• ImaginaryRuins
    Original poster 418 posts

Oh my god I never thought this thread would have so many relies.

If this UI thing is really affected by new bugs and glitches, I hope it can be sorted out soon. It seems like the problem is again with bad coding - if stands alone, it is okay, but as more updates are added, the new codes clash with old ones and create new issues which require re-writing / improving the coding.

And I think the light green health recovery is great or even the best, and hopefully that can return (if the game already has colour-blind-friendly setting)

Suggested Topics