Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • Garbo3
    Original poster 640 posts

Tittle is quite explanatory. What does + 2 fire build up means.
    Thanks

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• OrcBeard92
    139 posts

@garbo3 When you're attacking an enemy/beast with fire, like a torch etc. you will see a little circle above their head which shows the level of fire build-up. Generally, the higher the build-up, the more damage they will take over time and eventually become immolated.

So these runes will reduce the time it takes to fill the circle, and thereby increase fire damage. It's the same with poison runes and abilities.

• katzenkrimis71
    157 posts

@garbo3

===

Increase the rate of damage.

In other words, spread like wildfire.

Just make sure you don't use it on a weapon that doesn't have fire effects, or it'll be useless.

It doesn't apply fire, it only improves the rate for weapons that already have fire.

• Garbo3

@orcbeard92 oh thank you! Such a clear explanation!

• Garbo3

@katzenkrimis71 😊 thanks
    Very useful info !

• Polyedra
    84 posts

It is my belief that the most damage to be had is from bonus fire damage and build-up. My gut tells me this. Makes sense, cause it's a temporary thing. When u look at tree, also, it's the hardest one to procure in bulk. Also, if u got high damage and build-up: High resistance won't save the poor fellow. but in the case of resistance, ofc u gona get more damage elsewhere.
    Fire, in particular, isn't even about dmg primarily, but crowd control. Pretty busted is what it is hehe.. I like it 🙂 but i won't specialize into it, not my style.

• Garbo3

@polyedra I just used fire as example. I don't need any extra aid as I am so overpowered that gets boring. Theres no challenge or incentive to play.
    Just waiting for DLC and hoping for enemies difficulty scalating. Otherwise will just be a tale without fun on the gameplay as is too easy now to kill anyone/,anything in no time.

• Polyedra
    84 posts

@garbo3 ya sure... sure! ofc, i know that!
    but i mean, it could be interesting. I want to, at some point, try it all out. But for that I need... a reason to play.

• katzenkrimis71
    157 posts

I am so overpowered that gets boring.

----

Exactly.

That's why I don't use archery very often and I rarely use abilities. I refuse to use any of the archery abilities and most of the melee abilities. I occasionally use some of the weaker melee abilities. The ones that few players use because they would consider them useless.

• Polyedra
    84 posts

@katzenkrimis71 yea, i same. but bow i try get into cuz with controller that stuff's hard! like when i advance, i try and put some shots in. Raven loot, on this subject, is great; btw 🙂 BUT! it won't collect ur hunter arrows and not predator either, only light. which sux.
    And ya, it not so much abilities. I do the buffs, poison against throngs, with cloud, and fire 1v1. Not always but i try fighting at least +50% of my level and i find this to be a fair difficulty. When fighting above that, or against the harder enemies, I buff. Also use thor's wrath, or i try.. but it's a tough one to execute perfectly i think. Pretty fun ability 🙂 hmm, what else i run: I do that punching thing for a bit, which is fun but only 1v1 good. Tackle? Or that one where u run and do finish against wall if u haz lvl 2? i don't have it rn doe. wanted to try it, looks cool.
    but nah, same with me; i don't do much abilities. It's good, I think, the current system. I don't need them but they're good to have.

U and me need: Long hard fights! loads of enemies! Like redwalda fights.. well, those r great! but bulk fighting can't be those super dudes, it just not fun taking hours to beat them in the long run. It something of a one-time achievement to slay them at as low a level as possible with as little means as possible also.

u complaining about wrists, earlier. I tell u: controller don't have that problem. Imo, u missing out not running this with a controller. More fun too! imo.. but takes time to learn, ofc; like everything. That my advice 2 u, anyway: switch it up. u gona be happy u did once u're used to it, i think.

• Garbo3

I never used melee abilities in combat

Only one that slows down the time to catch the 36 fireflies as they are not aware of you so easy task hehe. Cheating. But after chasing 15 I got tired of running after them 😄

I used the wolf to take down the zealots as went underleveled and the explosive arrow to break the walls. Nothing else.
    My gameplay has changed
    I challenge myself
    Am now improving my timing with the missile reversal sending back arrows rocks harpoon axes or anything they throw at me. Got to keep myself motivated until DLC.

• Polyedra
    84 posts

@garbo3 i almost caught one, once. with vili. out in the snow. I only saw that one, one time. I push wrong button!! i ran after it but i too slow. I mix up buttons a lot when i confronted with new situations and events xD
    so like, the fireflies u can put by the seer's waterfall. this interesting to me. for some reason... anyway, it impossible to find those without a map! LOL there like 150 fireflies and i saw one during hundreds of hours of gameplay xD

• Garbo3

@polyedra there is a video on YouTube " 30 fireflies locations" but. I caught 36 bit only 15 appear 9n my cascade so don't bother with the other 21
    Just catch 15. It won't appear more in your pound even you release all 36 as I did. Time consuming for nothing lol

Suggested Topics

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics