Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• guest-S9sOc9KS
    11 posts

@xapparitionalx I'm hitting exactly the same bug and can't find any workaround. It's ruining an otherwise great game for me

• guest-S9sOc9KS
    11 posts

@kat0rex I'm hitting exactly the same bug and can't find any workaround. It's ruining an otherwise great game for me

• Ubi-Wan
    Ubisoft Support Staff 631 posts

Hey all! Thanks for reaching out with this, and sorry to hear this is happening. This is a known issue, and I want to be sure whether or not your issue is similar to the one found in this dedicated megathread. It seems this issue should have been addressed with patch 1.1.1, however we're still looking into reports of it resurfacing. We'd like to see if we can grab video of the issue persisting through the update!

Official Response
  • Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1050 posts

Hello @Amornik,

Sorry to hear that you are unable to proceed.

Can you please provide us with a short video of this occurring, so we can investigate it further for you? Additionally, as you submitted a support case, can you please update it with your save file? Many thanks and if you have any other questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • guest-S9sOc9KS
    11 posts

@ubi-mark I'm having this same problem. I'm on Xbox Series X, is there any way I can submit my save file to help diagnose this issue? e.g. use one of my cloud saves?

• guest-S9sOc9KS
    11 posts

Thanks @ubiwan - I can't see mention of this specifically in the 1.1.1 release notes (https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/game/assassins-creed/valhalla/news-updates/5VJh2nOs6Mmyf8k7pfsCsf/assassins-creed-valhalla-title-update-111). My gameplay arc is stuck as well, I'm not getting the tipoff from Randvi re the letter about the Bishop so cannot proceed in the game.
    I'm on Xbox Series X so can't necessarily upload a game save file (let me know if there's ways around this - e.g. cloud saves) - however I'm happy to provide a video if that will help fixing this issue - let me know where you'd like me to upload the video to.

• guest-S9sOc9KS
    11 posts

@ubiwan p.s. it's a different issue to the megathread (https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/88870/resolved-after-pledging-to-lincolnscire-i-am-unable-to-move-away-from-the-alliance-map-post-here) where the player is unable to move away from the alliance map. The issue here is that the letter from Aelfgar never arrives and the main storyline is stuck.

• Amornik
    6 posts

@ubi-mark
    Hi,

It might have made sense to ask me this inside the open case and not here. I have been waiting for days without a response.
    I have added the relevant save file.

Just to clarify on things:
    Bishop Herferith – The Crozier is a member of the Order. You will defeat him during the campaign, specifically the storyline associated with the Lincolnscire region. The moment of discovering that the bishop is a member of the Order depends on how you vote during the Lincolnscire saga:

If you choose Bishop Herefrith to take control of Lincolnscire, his relationship with the Order will be revealed later. You will have to go back to Lincolnscire and deal with him.
    If you choose one of the other two candidates (Aelfgar or Hunwald), angry Herferith will immediately call for his subordinate soldiers. After defeating the opponents, you will be able to start the invasion of the Anecastre fort, where the bishop is hiding.

So, to those of us who chose him as the leader, we are now supposed to get some sort of letter or other trigger to go back and deal with him.
    Since we have finished all other pledges/arcs, I suspect there is no such trigger and we are left without a way to get him as part of that invasion/fortress battle.

So, Either you can trigger this letter or other event for people who have cleared the map and have finished Lincolnshire as the last pledge, or you can reset something else in the save so we are back at that final quest to choose the leader.

thanks.

• denoblaze
    1 posts

I selected Bishop Herefrith as ealdorman in the Lincolnscire arc, and I read that he’s not revealed as a member of the Order until after you complete the Jorvik arc. Problem is, I had already completed the Jorvik arc before Lincolnscire, and I have been unable to access the A Sword-Shower in Anecastre to kill the bishop and continue on the quest to kill all of the Order members. Anyone else have this problem?

• xJCruz
    9 posts

So as title says, I can't progress further with main story.
    During Where the stone falls quest, I mistakenly chose Bishop Herefrith, the order member, the arc ended and reported back to randvi. Now, having all territories pledged, including Asgard, Jotunheim and Vinland, I have nothing else to do and the quest Sword shower in Anecastre doesn't begin. Now what?

• guest-S9sOc9KS
    11 posts

Well put @amornik, you've described the issue well.

@ubi-mark Here is a video demonstrating this problem of being stuck in a gameplay arc and not being able to progress the story due to the letter re the bishop never arriving. My cloud game saves can also be used to investigate this issue.
    Video: https://1drv.ms/v/s!AmwS5sg3aS67gzUAo9CJQj-L-lkG?e=iGA6Qd

• guest-S9sOc9KS
    11 posts

@ubi-wan here is a video demonstrating this problem of being stuck in a gameplay arc and not being able to progress the story due to the letter re the bishop never arriving. My cloud game saves can also be used to investigate this issue.
    Video: https://1drv.ms/v/s!AmwS5sg3aS67gzUAo9CJQj-L-lkG?e=iGA6Qd

• UbiExcellent
    Ubisoft Support Staff 756 posts

@amornik Many thanks for elaborating in such detail on this issue you're facing with not being able to kill The Crozier. I've shared the saves you provided on your open support ticket with our teams to be reviewed further.

@guest-S9sOc9KS Thank you for the video link! I've also added this to the report in hopes it helps the team's investigation.

Official Response
  • UbiExcellent
    Ubisoft Support Staff 756 posts

@guest-s9soc9ks Hey again! I just responded to you on a different thread about this issue, but I wanted to let you know that I've forwarded the video clip you provided earlier to our teams, so they can look into this issue with The Crozier not being killable after choosing him as the leader. Thanks again for providing this clip!

Official Response
  • Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2929 posts

Hello there @xJCruz!

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble starting "A Sword-Shower in Anecastre." The development team has been made aware of this issue and are currently investigating further.

They've been able to find a potential workaround, which we'd like you to try. Even though there is no marker on the map, are you able to go to Lincoln and speak to the NPC captain for this quest? You should be able to find them just outside of Lincoln across the bridge.

If the captain is not available here for you to speak to, please can you open a support ticket and submit your save file for further investigation. Once you've opened a ticket, please share your ticket number within this thread.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • xJCruz
    9 posts

@ubi-borealis
    I just tried the workaround, but the NPC simply ain't there (i looked up for a walkthrough to see the exact location), being said that I submited a ticket with the save files in a rar archive.
    The ticket number is: 14123075

• thebuckleboy183
    6 posts

Ive played over 80 hours of the game and now can't select either Hamtunscire or Norway. Both arent showing on the alliance map to select - i'm level 300 - all other pedges are complete. HavIng read other notes people say to speak with Sigurd to start the Norway arc but he is just wandering around and won't let me talk to him. Please assist. Game is stuck and I can't progress.

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for checking that for us, @xJCruz, and thanks for submitting your save as well. I've passed this on to the development team for a closer look.

Prior to starting the Lincolnscire arc, can you remember which pledges you had completed?

Official Response
  • Kill_The_Fetus
    7 posts

@thebuckleboy183 having the same problem here

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there!

I'm sorry to hear that you've encountered this issue. From my own experiences, I'm pretty certain you won't be able to pledge to Hamtunscire without first completing the Norway arc. Would you be able to provide us with more information?

• Which quest/arc did you last complete?
    • Were you able to successfully able to report to Randvi following this quest?
    • Can you please send us a video that shows your current quest log, your completed quest log, and that you're unable to pledge to Norway?

Thank you! 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics