Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• pesto.
    44 posts

Sure it’s too easy. It’s so easy that it’s no longer an AC game, you put up your dukes first and regret not assassinating that one guy who got a single hit in before you demolished him second.

Its faster to be a brute, it’s easier, it’s more fun! It means that all the level design is simplified into open flat arenas with no verticality, no subterranean tunnel networks in cities, no clever puzzles of navigation, stealth or engineering enemies downfalls in interesting ways. It means that city streets are empty to make room for brawls. It means that enemies don’t need much by way of AI, because they’re just fist fodder. It means you don’t have multiple routes to take out a high ranking enemy, you’ll never again get a “confessional assassination” possibility…. It’s all so much simpler. Just sit back and enjoy the sky, fields and lighting.

The focus on hand to hand combat has had a negative impact on the game in many ways just as making the protagonist into a genderless generic has had a deleterious impact on the scripts and narratives.

I would love to see an AC Hardcore. Where sure fighting might feel great, but the sheer numbers of enemies, their toughness and smarts would make you have to weigh up the potential cost to frontal assault. Where being an assassin or a hunter might be the better option to take, not just because the game mandates it but because it’s fun, faster, easier for that situation, might take fewer resources and keep paths open for the future, keeping your identity secret in an area etc. A game where nightmare level really would be as tough but rewarding as combat in Nioh, Souls etc games. But where the environment was once again in play for assassination, for being a hunter and engineering the downfall of your targets, where maybe not killing is the better option occasionally.

• Garbo3
    640 posts

Having reached level 427 with loads of mastery points I would enjoy enemies difficult scalating.
    Am going be honest I play in default difficulty, maybe I should change to hard but don't know if the timings for reversal missile and parry/dodge become more tricky as I got coordination issues. Let's put it that my brain suffers from lag 😆
    I suck with the bow because of this so I am a bit afraid of the incoming DLC Mastery challenges... am sure there will be a bow one
    I may give it a go later today see how it goes in harder difficulty with the timings.

• TORFINR
    331 posts

Ubisoft employee 1 : "The community is angry: the game is too easy, Eivor hits like a truck and is virtually unkillable, we must do something."
    Ubisoft employee 2 : "No worries, in patch 1.2.1 Eivor will have an increased chance to get health from kills. We're also adding a skill preventing him from being interrupted when spamming attacks and 10-15 new skills to increase his crit%, overall damage and health points!"
    Ubisoft employee 1: "eh ?!..."

• Garbo3
    640 posts

@torfinr God you really made me 🤣 😂. So funny and true. Hahaha

• Vrt67S
    Original poster 13 posts

@garbo3 don't worry about missle reversal timing, it's the same. I play on the highest difficulty and it's way too easy. give it a try and don't forget you can turn on aim assist for your bow and arrow

• Vrt67S
    Original poster 13 posts

@garbo3 for real, too true

• Vrt67S
    Original poster 13 posts

@pesto please submit a ticket to ubisoft support voicing your opinion because I completely agree with you and know a lot of other long term fans of the game series do as well.. and the only way to improve things is by submitting tickets to support

• Vrt67S
    Original poster 13 posts

@torfinr pls submit a ticket to ubisoft support voicing your opinion cuz that's the only way we have a change to improve things

• Vrt67S
    Original poster 13 posts

@garbo3 pls submit a ticket to ubisoft support and voice your opinion about the game being too easy cuz that's the only way we can change this

• Garbo3
    640 posts

@vrt67s Oh that's great thank you so much, I will give it a go then after finishing the shields challenge. 😊

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics