Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Assassin010813
    Original poster 5 posts

The game still stutters when auto saving which is quite often, also noticed screen tearing in Winchester

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Assassin010813
    Original poster 5 posts

@b00msie what's good my issue isn't on xbox my bro

• Ubi-Wan
    Ubisoft Support Staff 632 posts

@assassin010813 Hey there! Welcome to the forums. I'm really sorry to hear you're running into these stuttering issues while the game is autosaving. First, I'd like to have you run through some troubleshooting steps for your console, to ensure things are performing optimally.

Official Response
  • Assassin010813
    Original poster 5 posts

@ubi-wan hi and thanks for your response unfortunately this issue is still the same after following the troubleshooting steps

• B00MSIE
    373 posts

@assassin010813

Sorry, missed that! After 1.2.1 the game also stutters while saving on the XSX btw. Only you don’t notice it that’s much because of all the other screen problems. Game seems to run a lot better on the PS5.

• Assassin010813
    Original poster 5 posts

@b00msie hope they fix it asap for everyone

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1379 posts

Hello Vikings,

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

I can see that this issue has been reported to the development team and it's currently being investigated. In order to speed up the investigation, can you please provide us with the following details:

• Does this issue happen often?
    • What General setting on the console is set? (Performance or Quality)
    • Could you please provide us with a short video of this occurring?

Many thanks and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • Assassin010813
    Original poster 5 posts

@ubi-mark hi and thanks for your response, for me this issue is on PS5 I use performance mode and it happens regularly everytime auto save kicks in I'm sorry about not being able to provide a gameplay example as I deleted the videos for space on my system

• Krisss31
    2 posts

Hello, i am ecountering the same issiue, when it auto saves i have a small stutter every time, now iy was a big update and i hoped this probleam was solved but aparently it isnt't,i look forward for these problem to be solved because its kind of annoying, thank you

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 251 posts

@krisss31 Hey there.

Sorry to hear you're also encountering the autosave stuttering.
    This is still an issue that the team are investigating. In the meantime would you be able to confirm that you've followed the PS5 troubleshooting here?

Thank you for reporting this!

Official Response
  • Azhrei21
    37 posts

@assassin010813 lol wow seriously? I'm on a launch PS4 and my only issue is like 5 minute loading times when starting up the game... well, and like a memory leak issue. After playing awhile unless I get within like a foot of things they don't load all the way, thing always doing that pop-in on EVERYTHING in view... hell i could be crouching on a stone wall and the stone looks like it was made on a PS1 and NEVER finishes loading... Reload at that point and it's better but it's ridiculous, the PS4 isnt' that weak.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1541 posts

@azhrei21 I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing those issues.

I can confirm that the long loading times has been reported and is being investigated, we have a mega thread for that issue here.

With regards to the textures not loading in properly, this has also been reported and is being investigated. If you are able to provide any examples of this then please create a new post and include your videos, you can do this by pasting the URL link into the post. In the video could you also show the location on the map.

I would also recommend going through the PS4 troubleshooting steps if you haven't already done so to see if that helps.

Official Response
  • Azhrei21
    37 posts

@ubi-keo provide examples? Just play your game. Look around... it's EVERYWHERE. And my PS4 is fine, 100+ games never seen the pop in this bad on anything. IF at all...

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1541 posts

@azhrei21 Thank you for your feedback. As I previously advised this is currently being investigated.

Please keep checking the known issues list and the news and announcements page for updates.

Official Response
  • Azhrei21
    37 posts

@ubi-keo Ok aside from pop in getting so bad the longer you play that things (like the archery target board you have as a settlement decoration, or the sides of cliffs, or rock walls, or many other things) may not even load completely even if you stand a foot away, I just noticed something else a couple days ago and it's still happening. I swear your game has a memory leak issue or something. I pulled out the torch in a darker area after having the game on for a LONG time (6, 8, 10 hours, idk, hell maybe it was less than 6). You could see the torch itself... the fire effect on it was invisible! I save the game, quit, spend five minutes reloading the game and that save... and it's back to normal. Do your play testers only play in 30 minute spurts? As far as the bad pop-in (on a launch PS4 that doesnt' have a problem with anything else), are they blind too? You can see some of it from the minute you get in the game. Especially with rock (cliffs, man made walls and other things... some terrain). Hell I went near one rock wall once and half of it was invisible, then those parts became half there and half not (and pixely).

[censored] like this just breaks immersion... not to mention wanting to even play when you spend five minutes reloading the game. Never saw this crap at all (if it was there I didn't notice) in previous games... Then there's the not so often but annoying sudden 5 foot teleport. I start to move and poof, I'm five feet farther...

• Azhrei21
    37 posts

And just a half hour ago i go to try to assassinate one of two guards in a fort (then throw the axe to kill the other one)... right when I'm about to hit R1 to assassinate the first one I teleport 5 feet and I'm in front of them, alerting half the fort to boot. Nice...

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 506 posts

Hello azhrei21, thank you for getting back in touch. As mentioned previously, stuttering with autosaves on the console is something that is being investigated.

If you are experiencing any other issues with bugs, graphical glitches or LOD and pop in asset issues, please make a new thread about whichever issue, so we can track this separately from this autosave issue.

As previously said, any video examples you can provide will be most helpful to our QA team, to try and replicate the exact same conditions when this happens.

Official Response
  • Azhrei21
    37 posts

@ubi-milky I didnt' say anything about auto save stuttering (which I'm not getting). And I get what you're saying about starting a new thread, but I tend to mention everything in one post (or two if i have to say a bit more). Sorry, you'll just have to make do. As for the teleporting that many others have mentioned... play your game for awhile. I'm sure it'll happen. I'm not going to sit here recording with my phone hoping it happens (it's like 2 or three times in a day so it's not even often). And I don't know how or if I can pull a video off a PS4 onto a thumb drive to plug into my pc. Maybe look on youtube? I'm sure someone has recorded it... In fact here you go...

I'm not sure what that guy is doing in that vid, but the 7 second mark is exactly what happens on my PS4. I'm suddenly like 8 feet farther the direction i was going.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1110 posts

If you are not experiencing the auto save stuttering, @Azhrei21, then please do create new threads for each of your other issues as directed by my colleague @Ubi-Milky. Taking a thread purposefully off-topic is against our forum rules and is not something we will allow if a thread has been created for a dedicated topic. You are welcome to create a thread of your own to be dedicated to multiple issues that you are experiencing, but please do not derail the threads of others.

Regarding the "teleporting" issue you have provided a video of, the issue has been documented and is covered by this megathread. Please share your experiences of the issue there, and we can address it in the proper place. Thank you! 🙂

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics