Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• stefanc5
    2 posts

It has glitched numerous times for me. The first glitch was when i would teleport it made me invisible.

Now, I am currently unable to investigate his clothes to progress to the next glitch. 🙂

• stefanc5
    2 posts

So this glitch seems to have been a problem from launch, yet this issue is not in their current Megathread for Issues under investigation. Please post current issues with this mission in this thread to get their attention!

• TopRawmenNoodle
    6 posts

Hi! I've followed Petra through the world to find Wallace, and got to the point where she tells you to Try It and run straight. I run straight, lightning flashes and the player model for Eivor disappears. I keep running around the area while the model is invisible, but nothing else happens to further progress this quest. I could not find a solution here.

• UbiExcellent
    Ubisoft Support Staff 756 posts

@toprawmennoodle Welcome to the forums! I'm sorry to hear you're unable to proceed in "Have You Seen This Man". Have you tried to reload an earlier save to see if when you start this quest over, the same error occurs after Eivor becomes invisible?

Official Response
  • TopRawmenNoodle
    6 posts

Yes, I tried to restart and the same thing happen. For now I have skipped the quest.

• UbiExcellent

@toprawmennoodle Okay, thanks for the reply! When you next attempt this quest, please take a short video showing that Eivor does not fall through the sky following this invisible sequence, so I can get that over to our teams to be looked into further.

Official Response
  • klg_11_
    1 posts

When will the clue investigation bug be fixed. I haven't been able to do this quest since November 2020. It's really annoying me now.

• TopRawmenNoodle
    6 posts

@ubiexcellent how do i take a video in game?

• UbiExcellent

@toprawmennoodle Apologies for the wait! You'll need to use a third party software to record your gameplay, such as ShadowPlay or OBS. You can also record your gameplay using your phone, but this might not be as clear.

Official Response
  • TopRawmenNoodle
    6 posts

Okay I will work on it soon. Thank you for your response

• UbiExcellent

@toprawmennoodle It's my pleasure! I look forward to your reply. 😀

Official Response
  • Bigmadness89
    2 posts

After multiple bug ive found on the forums about this quest, i encountered an new one.

I start the quest for the first time and when we went for the ride towards the Roman ruins, none of the items you needed to interact with were actually visible on the ground, no tools, no blood, but yet could still "interract".
    After that, atleast what ive seen from video's is that you should be guided towards the stream to talk with a white elk.
    Mine however just stopped after getting out of the ruin. The woman that is with you just stands around the place were the tools should be and thats it.
    Ive tried to do what the people in the video's did but sadly for me it does nothing, the quest is stuck.
    I went on and did another quest.

Today i tried again, now i get the quest but it didnt say the first part like: Wallace was following the inlands roads on his way back from Medeshamstede Abbey.
    It only said the quest name and Find wallace last know whereabouts.
    Ofcourse i remembered where the place was so the woman jumped on the back of the horse and i went for the ruin again.
    Once i got there she hopped off and started the quest again like the day before, this time the tools are visiable(jeej) but now i cant interact with them and the moment we stood next to the tools.
    The quest updated and began to say again: Wallace was following the inlands roads on his way back from Medeshamstede Abbey.

Ive tried reloading, restarting the quest you name it but after reading the forums aswell i came to the conclusion that your quest is broken..

• UbiKoreanBBQ
    Ubisoft Support Staff 380 posts

@bigmadness89 Hey! I'm sorry to hear this quest is giving you so much trouble! Would you be able to provide a video of the issue for us so that we can get a better read on what's happening for you? Thank you!

Official Response
  • TopRawmenNoodle
    6 posts

@ubiexcellent Okay, this isn't the best, but it's the best that I could figure out. I recorded it on Gyazo, and its like seven seconds long, but it shows that Eivor is invisible after running and the lightning bolt. https://i.gyazo.com/799f72ac63356c26bf1dca04cf99712c.mp4

• Bigmadness89
    2 posts

@ubikoreanbbq

Hello and thank for replying, sadly i cannot make a video about the issue since i have completed the quest now after a few days.
    After trying alot of different stuff i managed to get it worked by running away a 100 meters then saving it.
    Then reloading the save game and run straight into the cellar, straight past the tools.
    Then i found all the items that were missing before suddenly appear and the woman followed me aswell, killed the boar and after that the quest did what it supposed to do.

Thank you for replying.

• Ubi-Spud
    Ubisoft Support Staff 702 posts

@toprawmennoodle That's perfect, thanks for taking the time to do this!

The developers have now identified the issue and are planning to fix it in a future patch. Keep an eye on these forums for patch notes when available.

If you come across any other issues, feel free to create a new thread! 🙂

@The8th2020 - Just a heads-up; this issue is now planned to be resolved, and I merged your thread with this one as such. I hope that you don't mind!

Official Response
  • Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2387 posts

@bigmadness89 I'm pleased to hear that you were able to complete quest and thanks for sharing your workaround.

Official Response
  • TopRawmenNoodle
    6 posts

@ubi-spud Thank you for your support!

• UbiExcellent

@toprawmennoodle We're happy to help! 😁

Official Response
  • Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4132 posts

Hello there!

I've merged together several threads about issues encountering in "Have You Seen This Man" into a single megathread. I apologise if any ongoing discussion has been disrupted by this. Creating a megathread allows us to keep all information and updates from investigations in one place.

As there are a couple of issues mentioned within this thread, I'd like to provide you all with a status update from the investigations taking place in regards to this quest:

• Unable to investigate all of the clues when investigating what happened to Wallace
      • Comment: The development team intend to fix this issue in a future update. Currently, we don't yet have an ETA for this update's release. Once we have more information to share, it'll be posted within this thread and in the News & Announcements forum.
    • During the quest, Eivor will turn invisible
      • Comment: The development team has been unable to reproduce this issue during their investigation. They are interested in collecting videos and save files from affected players. If you have encountered this issue, please can you ensure that you have an up-to-date save file uploaded to the cloud. We can then notify the development team so they can take a closer look.
    • The white deer becomes stuck on the bridge, and Petra will no longer move
      • Comment: The development team has been unable to reproduce this issue in-game. If you are unable to proceed with "Have You Seen This Man" because the white deer or Petra becomes stuck, please can you send us a video that shows this happening? We can then forward this for further investigation.

If you have encountered an issue that is not listed above, please provide us with a detailed description of the trouble you're encountering, as well as a video that shows the issue happening in-game. We can then pass this along to the development team for a closer look.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics