Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• drogskiien
    Original poster 2 posts

i dont know how to get forward with the misson: the reeve of wincestre. after i have saved and talked to goodwin, the game tell me to find the mysterious contact and find out what they want, but it dosent tell me where to find the man or show it on the map.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• drogskiien
    Original poster 2 posts

i cant get forwar after the reeve of wincestre. after i have talked to goodwin, it says i have to find the misterious contact and find out what they want. but the game isent telling my where to find them or show it on the map. i cant get back to that load before this missons and have tried to serach this on youtube, but i noone have the same problem, they can go and assasinate selwyn.
    i can see selwyn in the order at the menu, but it says i have to continue the story.

• UbiT00n
    Community Manager 73 posts

@drogskiien Have you tried to use your raven to scout the area? Could we see a screenshot of the area you are and the quest in hand please 🙂

Official Response
  • guest-zGqI370M
    5 posts

Hey guys, i received a letter from Hytham that says: A mysterious password "When you meet the man in white at a house of god in Wincestre recite this phrase...". What am i supposed to do now? I've been in Wincestre and i didn't find this man in white. Any hints?

• Michaelfrew
    1 posts

I'm in the same situation. I've searched all around the church, day and night, no luck of finding him. Really keen on some help if anyones managed to figure it out.

• evilhippo
    79 posts

In Reeve of Wincestre I encountered a document on a table that give symbol for interaction but could not in fact be interacted with undefined

• Allukyo
    2 posts

I'm having the same issue. I'm on PC. During the quest where you have to investigate the area, I was unable to investigate one of the pieces of evidence. It showed in Odin's sight, but didn't allow me to investigate. I hoped if I did another alliance and came back, it would fix. Now, when I try to do this quest, the bar of completion for investigating the area is half full but the area doesn't show on the map. I've been trying to find it using the raven and memory but can't find it.

• Allukyo
    2 posts

I've completed the first part of the quest, now I need to investigate what happened to the reeve in goodwins house. There is an object I need to investigate to be able to complete the investigation, it shows in Odin's sight but I am unable to interact with it.

• aychallita
    1 posts

I can’t proceed at Reeve Of Wincestre, Chapter 1, after talking to the man in white I have to open a door “Enter the Room” , there is a bug, when you enter the door the mission doesn’t start and the door is open with the Quest logo and nothing happens, I tried to change the character, loading saved games, deleting and installing the game again, deleting the adds on, I even tried to change resolution and language and the bug is still there, I can’t progress with my story, please if someone have solve this problem please comment below

• Withinnn
    1 posts

Hi !

I try to check/reinstall the game, restart, sleep at camp, get out/back from the area but nothing works. I would love to give my backup to support members, if it helps you, hoping that you find a solution, thank you!

• Jimlube6769
    2 posts

I cannot get to "the man in white". I can see the marker for him but he is in a room that I cannot access.

• WaltBTB
    1 posts

Game hard crashed immediately following dialogue with Goodwin after rescuing him in the beginning of "The Reeve Of Wincestre". After restarting the game, I went through the conversation again but went on to explore and did a bunch of side missions. Upon returning to Wincestre, I am once again supposed to speak to Goodwin and he has the mission marker above him, but there is no button pop up to actually speak to him. I have no saves from prior to rescuing him so I've lost all my progress if there's no solution to this bug. I am playing on PS4, btw.

• lyrakatar
    2 posts

@allukyo any luck with this issue, I have run into it as well. The half burnt document at the fireplace is not accessible.

• lyrakatar
    2 posts

@lyrakatar
    Found a workaround while I was exploring wincestre. If you go to the fort and release Goodwin from the prisons in the basement it kicks off the next part of the quest automatically.

• Ubi-Wan
    Ubisoft Support Staff 631 posts

Hey there, all! Thanks for reaching out with this, lyrakatar - thank you for sharing your workaround! I'd like to know if the workaround mentioned helps solve the issue for you as well, Allukyo? If not, please do report back, and I'll be more than happy to look further into this; as this is an issue which our team is investigating at this time.

Official Response
  • HOTT_KARL_07
    4 posts

For some reason I can not talk goodwin. This has been a problem since December and still not fixed. Uggggghhhh. Why do we even buy ubisoft products?

• guest-HJZ0zByJ
    3 posts

@hott_karl_07 Having the same issue and have been since December. So frustrating - Ubisoft support, any advice? The issue for me was that my game crashed right at the end of the cutscene with Goodwin where it was supposed to trigger an order reveal and put me to the next quest. When the game reloaded, all my previous autosaves were gone, I didn't have a save in the past 30ish hours, and while I still had the objective "speak to Goodwin" I could not do so because the game was behaving like i had without actually triggering the next part of the quest I have tried everything I can think of to "unstick" the quest with no luck. Please help, I desperately want to finish the game.

• MrArgoNavis
    1 posts

@allukyo I am encountering the same issue.

• Grant22666
    10 posts

Trying to complete the quest 'The Reeve of Wincestre' and when I try to pick up the piece of burnt paper by the fire place in Goodwin's house it doesn't come up with the option to examine it. I have tried reloading a manual save, fast traveling away and then back, travelling to Norway and back, having a feast at my village and many more fixes that I have seen suggested but nothing is working.

• Grant22666
    10 posts

@grant22666 Issue still on going, not been able to play the game for a week now due to not being able to progress in this quest. Spoken to Ubisoft support chat that was un helpful to say the least

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics