Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• f0rsale
    Original poster 5 posts

I've been experiencing a bug where the icons for wealth, mysteries and artifacts flicker or outright disappear when observing them from raven view. Of note, the markers are still there in the map menu and player compass.
    I think what triggers this is zooming in when in raven mode. Prior to zooming, the icons appear normally.
    My platform is ps5.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 996 posts

Hello @f0rsale,

Sorry to hear that your icons are flickering while using your raven.

Can I kindly ask you to provide us with a short video of this occurring, so we can investigate it further for you?

Many thanks and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • f0rsale
    Original poster 5 posts

@ubi-mark
    Sure, here you go. I recorded it yesterday.
    I should mention that restarting the game makes this issue go away. Nonetheless, it eventually reappears.

• UbiKobold
    Ubisoft Support Staff 541 posts

@f0rsale Thank you for providing this video and letting us know that a restart temporarily will fix the issue. Since a restart does provide a sort of fix, I would like to see if completing our guide here will fully resolve the issue. This includes restoring your licenses, which can fix a decent amount of gameplay issues. However, if this continues afterwards please let me know!

Official Response
  • f0rsale
    Original poster 5 posts

@ubikobold I completed your full guide except for testing on another system and the issue still exists after. I would like for you to look into this, it is quite annoying.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1165 posts

@f0rsale Thanks for the update. I will forward this on to the game team to investigate.

Official Response
  • UbiKobold

@f0rsale Hello again! The Game team would just like a little more information as this has been difficult to reproduce.

• When did you start seeing this issue with the flickering icons in Raven view?
    • Has this been happening since launch of the game?
    • Do the flickering icons happen in any particular region? Or does it not matter the region and is only happening when zooming?
    • Have you tried un-installing and re-installing the game?
    Official Response
  • f0rsale
    Original poster 5 posts

@ubikobold
    I do not know what triggers the issue exactly, but I do know that this eventually happens during a longer play session, so that might help in your research.

• I've noticed it only in England, not sure if it happens in Norway.
    • I've only been playing since the last patch, so I can't speak for the this bug existence during other periods of time or other patches.
    • The flickering icons happen in every region I've been through in England, from Ledecestrescire to Oxenefordscire. The flickering happens regardless if I zoom or not.
    • I've not tried this.
  • UbiKobold

@f0rsale Thanks for answering all of my questions, and that is good information to know that this is occurring in longer play sessions. About how long of playtime do you average before you see the flickering icons occur? Also, would you mind un-installing and re-installing the game as a test to see if that resolves this issue?

Official Response
  • f0rsale
    Original poster 5 posts

@ubikobold Around 1 hour. I've also played in Asgard, and found that the issue is also present there. Reloading the save or moving between realms makes the bug "go away".

I've also uninstalled and reinstalled and the issue is still here.

Zooming in or out doesn't seem to cause this problem as I initially thought. I'm now leaning on the hypothesis that what triggers the issue is completing a wealth (possibly artifact or mistery too) marker.

• azullFR
    717 posts

@f0rsale
    @UbiKobold
    This happens also on PS4 (everything up-to-date)
    From what I've seen and what I remember this happens after a certain amount of time in game (something like 1h), I noticed this months ago, If I remember well there as been also 1 or 2 Topics about this months ago too.
    I thought it was somehow due to a kind of "memory overflow" (approximative english, sorry)
    At the moment I do not give it attention as I stopped any progress in the game, but in the next days after the new patch 1.2.2 I will give it a look

Nice day to all 🙂

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2877 posts

Thanks for providing us with some more information about when this happens in-game for you, @f0rsale. Thanks for letting us know that you've tried reinstalling the game as well. I've passed this additional information along to the development team as part of the ongoing investigation. If we require any additional information from you, we'll reach out within this thread 🙂

Thanks for sharing your report as well, @azullFR! If possible, would you be able to provide us with the following information, so we can forward this to the development team:

• When did you start seeing this issue with the flickering icons in Raven view?
    • Has this been happening since launch of the game?
    • Do the flickering icons happen in any particular region? Or does it not matter the region and is only happening when zooming?
    • How long can you play for before the flickering icons occur?
    • Have you tried un-installing and re-installing the game?
    • Can you please send us a video that demonstrates the issue occuring in-game?

If you'd like to wait until TU 1.2.2 has been released to check, please feel welcome to update us after this time.

Thanks 😊

Official Response
  • azullFR
    717 posts

@ubi-borealis

If possible, would you be able to provide us with the following information, so we can forward this to the development team:
    When did you start seeing this issue with the flickering icons in Raven view?
    • Some months (Patches) ago in Glowercestrescire, but didn't went back there with Patch 1.2.1 installed...

Has this been happening since launch of the game?
    • I didn't took care at that time (November) as I stayed longtime in Norway and didn't had to much Icons at that time
    • But I'm sure seeing this 2 or 3 months ago

Do the flickering icons happen in any particular region? Or does it not matter the region and is only happening when zooming?
    • From what I remember, this happend Mostly in Glowecestrecire when beeing near the "Synchro Tower" (North of Glowercestre) and looking to Belas Knap as there is a lot of Icons in this directions, but this can happen's in other Regions (Near North of England)
    • From what I remember, flickering happens after zooming in Raven's view

How long can you play for before the flickering icons occur?
    • I will make tests after Patch 1.2.2 applied

Have you tried un-installing and re-installing the game?
    • This is the very last option for me = only for Full Game Breaking Bugs ( Nearly 1 full day with All internet only for Ubi...)

Can you please send us a video that demonstrates the issue occuring in-game?
    • After Patch 1.2.2 (if Sony will still allow me to make videos, PS+ is at the end of subscription)

Additional Infos :
    AC Valh 3.10 / Patch : 1.2.1 installed on Internal SSD

PS4 pro CUH 7116B / FW:8.50

SSD Samsung 860 EVO ( USED SPACE = 60.84 % : 524.1 Go / 861.4 Go )

I will come back with more infos after Patch 1.2.2

Nice day to you 🙂

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for providing us with some of the additional information, @azullFR! If you can provide us with a video and let us know how you long you can play for before the flickering occurs following TU 1.2.2, we'll be sure to include this information in your report 🙂

Official Response
  • azullFR
    717 posts

@ubi-borealis

If possible, would you be able to provide us with the following information, so we can forward this to the development team:
    When did you start seeing this issue with the flickering icons in Raven view?
    • Some months (Patches) ago in Glowercestrescire, but didn't went back there with Patch 1.2.1 installed...
    • UPDATE : I went back to Glowecestrescire to test with Patch 1.2.1 = No Flickering ( 17 minutes Testing, I've got other things to do 😉 )
    • Seems that changes had be made with 1.2.1 (or maybe with 1.2.0) = Less visible Icons (distance filter added), a kind of "delay"/"lag" for some icons to pop-up (many notifications like "loot" have also some "lag" on PS4 pro + internal SSD....let's see if "performance improvements in TU 1.2.2 will do something for this....)
  • Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for sharing some more information with us, @azullFR! Just to confirm, does the flickering no longer appear for you at all? Or only in Glowecestrescire?

Please feel free to update us on any new findings you have once TU 1.2.2 is deployed. We'd be interested to know if you've noticed any new changes to your experience with this issue.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • azullFR
    717 posts

@ubi-borealis
    hello there 🙂
    I a new test with Patch 1.2.2 in Glowecestrescire in the forest near Belas Knap and "Druid's house" (I don't know the english name)
    Flickering was back (a little)
    Steps :

1. Started Valhalla
    2. did one Reda's Daily Quest
    3. stayed AFK 1/2h
    4. did the second Reda's Daily Quest
    5. went back to Ravensthorpe looking for Dandelion
    6. stayed AFK more or less 1 hour
    7. Fast Travelled to the synchpoint near Sabrina's spring
    8. Used Raven = OK
    9. kiled a patrol on the road North of Bela Knapp
    10. Used Raven = OK
    11. killed another patrol in the forest
    12. Used Raven = OK
    13. killed a patrol near "Druid's house"
    14. Used Raven = some flickering

I will send later a link to the video I did (maybe tomorrow)

I do not take care a lot to that issue as I am not progressing in the game, it's more for giving additional infos 🙂

Nice day to you 🙂

• azullFR
    717 posts

@ubi-borealis
    Additionnal info :
    I started seeing flickering with Raven's view "zoomed"
    then it was still there in "Raven's 3rd View"
    🙂

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @azullFR!

Thanks for updating us with your findings following TU 1.2.2, as well as including reproduction steps! This is very helpful for the development team's investigation 😄 Please send us a link to the video you captured as soon as it is convenient for you, and we'll pass this along to the development team as well.

Official Response
  • azullFR
    717 posts

@ubi-borealis

here is the link :
    https://sendvid.com/n0jksrqp

Have a nice day 🙂

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics