Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • isuwhat
    Original poster 183 posts

Hi, i wanted to add some feedback on the above challenge. Since Ubisoft 'nuked' the Norway dummy area from counting towards these weekly challenges, it seems utterly ridiculous to add 100 assassinations into these challenges.

due to the huge move away from the assassinations style of game play in the last few games, its much much harder to do these and actually be fun. 5 opals for literally hours of work when you can get 5 opal in 20 seconds for recruiting a Jomsviking is completely out of sync.

either please let the Norway dummy area count towards these challenges, reduce the number of assassinations or gives us a lot more than 5 opals for such an impossible challenge. I can't be alone in feeling this way. Thanks @Ubi-Borealis @Ubi-Woofer @ubi-smash

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2029 posts

Hello there @isuwhat!

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. As a player, I completely understand where you're coming from. Sometimes, finding 100 targets to assassinate can take a long time, especially compared to hiring a Jomsviking or even killing 100 enemies with alternative weapons. I've passed your feedback to the development team so they can take a closer look at this.

If any changes are made to the timed challenges, this information will be shared in the News & Announcements forum.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • isuwhat
    Original poster 183 posts

@ubi-borealis that's great thank you.

on a positive note, initially this week i wasn't a fan of the 50 kills with both types of shields but in completing them it was actually nice to use different weapons i would never use normally. I won't ever use them in game, but its nice to mix weapon types up

• Kormac67
    570 posts

@isuwhat Feign Death ability works great for more assassinations.
    I went on a rampage, killed the big guys with assassinate and the smaller ones with the shields. Definitely not "hours".

• Lysvander
    41 posts

It takes time, but i fast travel to Glowecestre, jump down and save.

You have 3 2man patrols around the church - double assassinate (total 6)

Then take out the 2 2man guards (far) infront of the inn (standing on the far left and right), if you take out those, you should be able to take out the 2 guards inbetween the church and inn (near a bonfire)
    If you tap very quickly on the chain assassinate, you should have 12 that way by now.

Depending on if you either want to reload now or not, you can take out some on the wall near the main entrance, or go to the bridge and net a double 2 kill (2 guards each side of bridge.)

Then i just reload, takes some time, but hardly hours.

• SpirantCrayon22
    230 posts

@isuwhat

I don't agree. It's very easy and actually goes well with the weapon kills. Go to some fort and make a vague attempt to be stealthy - I mean don't be serious about it, just try and sneak around whenever you're out of sight but if you're found out, great, use the opportunity to do the melee kills. You'll end up doing some assassinations and some melee kills and should be done pretty quickly. Don't try and do it all in one go if it really is a pain in the backside. There's no need to be really cautious at all - Eivor is ridiculously hard when high level and even at low level is pretty tough. If you die, it doesn't matter for these killing sprees.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2029 posts

Hello there!

Thanks for sharing your suggestions in making this challenge a little easier, @Kormac67, @Lysvander & @SpirantCrayon22! Hopefully these suggestions help in completing this timed challenge in less time!

And thanks for sharing your positive note, @isuwhat! I completely agree! I'm a firm double seax user, but the timed challenges have forced me to use other weapons, some of which I've really enjoyed using (mainly the dane axe).

Thanks all 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics