Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • 7 Likes/23 Replies/284 Views
    martygod12
    Original poster 237 posts

Seriously Ubisoft why even bother with AC at this point anymore? Just start a new fantasy series if you clearly want it so much ๐Ÿ™‚ I dont know but isnt AC supposed to take place in real history? Real place, real setting? Why THE HELL are we running around looking like Tyrael from Diablo, or with some tactical COD shield and gun ([censored]? ๐Ÿ˜„ ) or whatever that [censored] is, not to even mention that plate armor set ๐Ÿ˜„ Really a full plate armor in 9th century?? And lion mount I am not even commenting on that ๐Ÿ™‚

Not only that you give us so few armors in the basic game (most of which are also ugly and over the top btw), and are trying to milk us through microtransactions, but even if I wanted to buy some set from the store there are also no [censored] options! Why the hell would I want to run around 9th century England looking like an angel or Sauron?? Instead of I dont know having option to get some uhm Viking style armor? Since is a Viking game you know? And not a fuckin Diablo or World Of Warcraft ๐Ÿ˜„ Guys are you sure which game are you even running there?? ๐Ÿ˜„

In Odyssey you had like 50 different armor types, which were all at least somehow historically accurate and fitting the time period, to choose from. In Valhalla if you want at least somehow fit in and not look like a complete idiot you have options from like 3-4 armors ๐Ÿ˜„ Really great variability in such a massive game ๐Ÿ™‚

I mean who even buys this stuff? Who even wants it? Who are you trying to please?

Man I am so angry, I was so optimistic after Origins and Odyssey, I thought that the changes made to the franchise were really good and it was going in the right direction, and then you completely DESTROY it with this nonsense BS of a game, what the hell is this even? I cant even desribe how dissapointed I am with this game, I hope next AC is going back into Origins, Odyssey path or this series is completely death.

Montreal stop ruining our beloved franchise !!!! And never do any other AC game again please !!

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• TORFINR
    331 posts

@martygod12 Harsh words but I have to say that I agree with all you wrote.

The more I think about it the more I'm almost sure that they were aiming for a different audience with Valhalla: in Origins and Odyssey you still had a huge amount of players interested by real history, the discussions in the forums were about real weapons, real armors, tactics, forts, siege machines, egytian or greek culture, cults ... as you pointed above, the armors and weapons were realistic (at the exception of a few) and historical,

Now all is about wannabe marvel vikings, world of warcraft shoulder pads and final fantasy helmets.
    Despite having bloody finishing moves and some mature elements (in term of gore), Valhalla is a childish game aiming to please uneducated western youngsters who think vikings are cool because they watched the serie Vikings.

• Garbo3
    625 posts

@martygod12 oh. Thanks. Was looking for this video. I don't like that armour either, or the kind of anti riot/swat in a vikings game. But well. I bought the flying horse to jump from high cliffs as after a while I was fed up with climbing down mountains as takes ages.
    Guilty. I know

• katzenkrimis71
    157 posts

Isn't AC supposed to take place in real history? Real place, real setting?

====

I agree, but if it's cosmetic crap, then I simply don't use it. At least they give us the option to not look like we are playing Final Fantasy.

What I don't like is when they force feed us expansions or maps that are entirely made up of high fantasy content. Visuals that you'd only see in a dream sequence or an LSD trip. Then you have no choice but to spend hours slogging through it all just to get back to Rome, or England.

• Garbo3
    625 posts

@katzenkrimis71 oh. Then you wont like this,as I didn't, feels like playing Darksiders,which I like but not in an AC,I hated jotunheim and Asgard,this is coming at some point
    SPOILERS !!!!!

• Outlander1982
    123 posts

people are asking for classic historical viking gears since the launch of the game and now we are with a 21 century riot shield,a m1 garand and missile battery for our viking settlement..... wth,who approve this [censored] seriously ?

• SteveZ_Pun
    137 posts

@torfinr @martygod12
    I agree with you both. I like the location but the armor/gear disappoint me very much.
    I want play as a viking not as Zelda, Fenix etc.
    Skyrim have better armor then Valhalla.
    And the MTX, bugs and glitches make the game much more worst

• AlphaGoose46219
    155 posts

@martygod12 It really sucks, all i want is a viking chainmail and a original 1h sword like there are plenty of in the museum.
    I'm also not waiting for Basim gear and sword (persian model) and other AC armors from the past.
    Gear from the Helix store seems to be created for children who have access to there parents wallet!
    Even if there will come proper gear in the Helix store i refuse to spent 1 more coin to the greedy UBI soft company.

• martygod12

@torfinr Couldn agree more, its made for Fortnite generation, everything must be cool and crazy and all over the top, otherwise its boring. Its not only the armors, but also lot of those "funny" side activites, its terrible, really again I cant stress enough how dissapointed I am with this game.

• martygod12

@katzenkrimis71 But the problem is they are not giving you enough options if you want to look normal and fit in the game in the first place, thats the huge difference between Valhalla and Odyssey.

Yeah in Odyssey and also in Origins, there were also a lot of crazy, fantasy outfits in the store, I always hated then even in those games, but I tolerated them because the game was offering me a lot of options for looking normal in the base game, just look how many grounded at least somehow historically accurate armors are in Odyssey, maybe 40-50? And now look at Valhalla there is like what 10-11 armor sets in the base game? And even most of those are looking over the top and out of place, all shiny and gold. So you are stuck with like 3-4 maybe and a bunch of high fantasy [censored] in the store. Thats what pisses me off the most.

• AlphaGoose46219
    155 posts

@outlander1982 How more we ask for common/realistic gear the more "JorRaptor amazing sets" we get!
    We are probably a minority of the buyers of this game, most of them won't even visit a forum they just go sit and play mindless.
    It's like a shout in a empty dessert.
    Just saw the DLC achievements, kill 100 enemies with a Sickle!
    Equip Sickle in both hands......aaaach! Here i hoped for a 1H sword but i'm afraid it will last till we end the game in France.

• ChuckKatse
    208 posts

UBISOFT has completely got away form the Viking theme of this game with the latest series of Armor sets. The the ones scheduled on the horizon are even worse. One coming out with a rifle and bayonet, Swat shield. Well at least one thing is for sure, I won't be spending any money on their Armor Sets.

• TORFINR
    331 posts

@alphagoose46219 On one side you have some disappointed forum complainers (like me), wanting realistic armors/weapons, and on the other side a bunch of Marvel brewed teenagers ready to PAY for a shiny golden armor with wings and lasers...
    Who do you think Ubi$oft decided to please?

• martygod12

@torfinr I just cant understand how people can even like this ... I guess I am too old.

• SteveZ_Pun
    137 posts

@martygod12
    Cant believe when i saw the Videos and the Fanboys says amazing.They maybe get money to say this.
    If someone like games with historic background, they should say dislike.
    Valhalla have really nice potential but they destroy the game for me.
    The armor and wepons have the best look on fine after that they glittering and flashing like a brothel door.

Yeah in Odyssey and also in Origins, there were also a lot of crazy, fantasy outfits in the store, I always hated then even in those games, but I tolerated them because the game was offering me a lot of options for looking normal in the base game, just look how many grounded at least somehow historically accurate armors are in Odyssey, maybe 40-50? And now look at Valhalla there is like what 10-11 armor sets in the base game? And even most of those are looking over the top and out of place, all shiny and gold. So you are stuck with like 3-4 maybe and a bunch of high fantasy [censored] in the store. Thats what pisses me off the most.

CORRECT

• SteveZ_Pun
    137 posts

Lot of the new stuff are also reskin/copies from older Assassins Creed Games.
    Ubisoft copy so many things, i dont understand why they didnt copy good things from Origins and Odyssey.
    Skilltree, weapon change ingame, inventory,different options for gears, put on complete gear sets, etc

• Cell1e
    174 posts

Oh yes, the armour in this game is vile, all really bulky and overly exaggerated amount of fur and material and metal. Britain is REALLY hot in the summer, how could you wear that gear without cooking alive? If you want to play as a sneaky archer build there is no 'all leather streamlined gear'. I was really hoping the the druids dlc would bring us some new designs and materials but it seems not. ๐Ÿ˜ž

• Cell1e
    174 posts

@garbo3 Lol I did too, very handy that flying horse. ๐Ÿ˜

• davidtsmith333
    42 posts

@garbo3 I enjoy the game but I hated Jotunheim and Asgard myself and could wait to be finished with them.

• Cell1e
    174 posts

@davidtsmith333 yes me too, not doing them on this play through, Im trying to get the end of the game this time. The rewards in Jotunheim and Asgard are non existent..pointless empty places.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics