Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • DJAM3R
    Original poster 11 posts

So here's the thing, I'm in the process of moving so currently all I got is my 4G for internet. Obviously I can't download massive game files and updates and so on, but I wasn't worried because I already had the game installed, and for a little while it worked without a hitch.

Today however the game just completely stopped being able to launch. Being that I can't really update (requires a 30Gb download), I fĂ­gured I would just use my 4G to log in and verify the files. Upon doing this ubisoft connect tells me it's all good and I can play, but of course to play without updating you need to restart ubisoft connect in offline mode (also incovenient but whatever). So I restart it in offline mode, and the game still won't launch, so I contact ubisoft support who basically tells me to go fk myself if I don't have wi-fi.

You might be thinking I'm overdoing this, but this means you're literally getting a better experience when pirating the game, because pirated games disconnect everything from the internet, meaning you wouldn't be dependent on it. As it stands pirated AC valhalla is actually better than paid AC valhalla, and while I don't care that others will pirate the game, it does bother me that they will literally have a better experience, and I'm not buying another ubi game til that changes.

I know ubisoft doesn't care about me or my opinion as a paying customer, but I think it's important to get this out there, so people who might be thinking of buying the game can get the whole truth before they do. I would've never bought this game, if I knew ubisoft forces their players to go online and update their games, even for single player games.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• DefiledDragon
    3 posts

Yeah, their "games as a service" model and all its associated issues shows that they really don't give a flying two hoots for the user experience.

• DJAM3R
    Original poster 11 posts

@defileddragon
    One of my friends had pirated Odyssey which is how I got to try it. Honestly I prefer it a little to Valhalla, and was planning to buy it, but there's no way I'm doing that now. If the game is gonna break out of nowhere, I might as well not bother.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics