Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• xtracker85
    Original poster 46 posts

'Cause there's still some serious bugs currently in the game that's going to ruin the DLC experience if it isn't fixed. Here's a couple that's going to be really annoying to deal with:

1) Autosave/ Quicksave can randomly stop working.
    2) Your Jomsviking's gear randomly resetting, spoiling the experience of any new raids.
    3) FPS randomly dropping (usually after fast travel) from 60 to 30 and stays there until I reload a save, then everything goes back to normal.
    4) Getting pestered by that annoying pop up message about new content every few minutes.

These are just a few off the top of my head. Devs, if you're reading this, please please address these bugs asap.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• katzenkrimis71
    160 posts

Please address these bugs asap.

===

That isn't gonna happen.

They still seem to be focused on pumping out more content than fixing what has already been released. Technically, this game is a mess. It's playable, but it has a lot of problems. More than any other game that I've played recently. It would take them a long time to fix all of these issues. On top of that, there are new problems that we have today that weren't there on release day. So, you could say that things have either stayed the same, or have gotten worse in the past 6 months. For myself, the game has gotten worse.

I play another game, which I won't mention because people will think that I'm promoting it. I've been playing it, and its sequels, for years. The Japanese make it, and I must say, it is technically one of the best games that I've ever played. I can't even remember the last time I had a technical issue with it. No bugs, no crashes, no nothing. It's that good.

So, I often compare games to that one when it comes to technical issues. It proves that it is possible to make a nearly flawless game. And it magnifies how sloppy this one is. It would be nice if Ubisoft spent more money fixing technical problems rather than painting pretty pictures.

• xtracker85
    Original poster 46 posts

@katzenkrimis71

Yeah, I hear where you're coming from. Seems like buying games nowadays is like gambling - you never know if it's going to be in a playable state or not. The last couple of games I've bought were all buggy messes (example: Cyberpunk 2077), and quite honestly, it's starting to slowly put me off from gaming.

As for AC Valhalla, you're right about it becoming slightly worse with each update. I've noticed that for every problem that's fixed, another takes its place which can be really annoying. And god knows what new bugs awaits us in the DLC. However, I'm still holding out hope that the devs will at least address the more serious and glaring bugs quickly. It's become incredibly depressing every time I launch the game to do dailies and have to deal with all these problems.

• Kormac67
    617 posts

No patch is planned. There is supposed to be a big content download though for DLC owners.
    They just updated the known issues list with a bunch of DLC issues, oh boy.
    The FPS drop has been open for 5 months and doesn't look like it will be fixed ever.
    The savegame and content popup issues are very annoying with the new DLC though.

• xtracker85
    Original poster 46 posts

@kormac67

That's a bummer. *sigh*.

I just took a look at the updated issues for the dlc and, oof, it does not look good already. lol. There seems to be numerous bugs that in order to fix, requires loading to a previous save. Now, combine that with the autosave/quicksave bug and I can already tell we're all in for a really wild ride.😂

• Kormac67
    617 posts

@xtracker85 Well the main game should have taught us:
    Make manual saves before starting an arc and keep them until it's finished. So you can restart the arc if it goes bottom up.
    Quicksave often, especially before starting a world event.
    Don't do weird stuff like sneaking into zones you are not yet supposed to be and kill important looking NPCs like Gorm.
    Revive any friendly NPC that goes down. Like Sunniva or your asian looking friend from Yorwick. Reload if this fails.

• Garbo3
    648 posts

@kormac67 where can I find the known issues update?

• xtracker85
    Original poster 46 posts

@kormac67

Oh, don't worry about that. I'm a saveaholic, haha. I'm always mashing that F5 button like every 20 seconds and doing a manual save every 10-15 minutes. It's just unfortunate that the quicksave can sometimes bug out and not work, so it's going to be more annoying having to do manual save all the time.

• Garbo3
    648 posts

@alphagoose46219 Thank you very much 😊

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics