Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Caraamon
    Original poster 44 posts

Maybe I'm an idiot, but I only recently finally figured out what Eivor was doing with their axe when confirming a kill. They're basically using the metal do the the mirror fog test to confirm death.

Am I the only one who didn't make that connection?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• OrcBeard92
    160 posts

@caraamon I thought it was supposed to be the 'warrior's death' send-off thing. Placing the weapon on their chest so they could reach Valhalla. Considering they do the same thing with wolves etc. I assumed it to be a sign of respect for the dead.

The axe has a dark blade and is engraved. I reckon it would be hard to see something so detailed as fog on the weapon from their breath.

Cool theory though!

• Caraamon
    Original poster 44 posts

@orcbeard92 Considering they don't leave the axe, and that the interaction is Confirm Kill, I'm pretty sure it's not that.

• OrcBeard92
    160 posts

@caraamon Yeah you're right. Now I think about it, your theory is cooler than mine.

Though if Eivor does it to a wolf lying on their side, how does that work?

• Caraamon
    Original poster 44 posts

@orcbeard92 Cause this game is not great with animations that aren't preplanned. I can't count the number of times I've jumped on the back of a boar and then proceeded to slit the throat of the tree or boulder next to it.

Suggested Topics