Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Kream
    Original poster 66 posts

Hello. Thank you for all your hard works at these difficult times. Your fixes in patch notes look fabulous I must say. 😄
    I'm posting this to ask, beg, whine, or what have you, about implementing auto sprint on/off option and hold to sprint option on/off into the game. Not either, but both. I know it's not popular opinion but I really really firmly believe it will make gameplay more enticing to many more players.
    Please and thank you.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• katzenkrimis71
    162 posts

Implement an auto sprint on/off option and hold to sprint option on/off into the game.

---

The game already has those options. You need to go back into the settings and explore. Seek it out.

I tap the shift key to endlessly sprint. I can also change it to hold-to-sprint.

Someone just asked this question.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1323 posts

Hello @Kream,

Thanks for reaching out about the sprint options!

As @katzenkrimis71 mentioned, these options are already implemented in-game 🙂

If you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • SoberStone999
    59 posts

@ubi-mark This feature is not available for controllers/gamepad users, I think that's what he's asking, and it's not the only one that asked for this feature, there are many threads, maybe merging them all together will help?

• SoberStone999
    59 posts

@katzenkrimis71 Can you tell us exactly where? Under "Controls" I can't find nothing such as "Hold to Srpint" or anything like that.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1323 posts

Thank you for the update, @SoberStone999!

For controllers, you need to press L3 button once (or left analog stick), so Eivor can start sprinting 🙂

Official Response
  • SoberStone999
    59 posts

@ubi-mark I know that, but that's not what we are asking, we clearly asked for and "HOLD to sprint" option like in the older games, what we have now is a Toggle option.

• Kream
    Original poster 66 posts
    Thanks for reaching out about the sprint options!

As @katzenkrimis71 mentioned, these options are already implemented in-game 🙂

If you have any additional questions, please let us know.

@ubi-mark

I'm so sorry. I looked up and there is no hold to sprint option and certainly no auto sprint option, which is what I really wanted to ask for. I'm asking hold to sprint option as a courtesy to other players who've been asking for that.
    I'm not, well, people are not asking for just sprinting option. Of course we know it's there. Of course we know how. We're not mentally challenged. They're, I'm, asking for an option that can change how the sprinting works. You see, right now, your character's running motion and sprinting motion is very similar. So every time you are exploring you need to stare at his back to see if he's sprinting or not and sometimes even if you are, you kind of can't tell. Also, there is inconsistency when it comes to the need to re-sprint. When you are climbing something, just going up a rock and such, there are times your character continues to sprint and there are other times quits sprinting thus you need to stair at the back again. If you think he's sprinting you leave it as it is, if you're not sure you press sprint button and often times he slows down. He was in fact sprinting but just didn't feel like it. Having to experience all this many times is quite off-putting in my opinion. That is why I've been asking for auto sprint option and some others have been asking for hold to sprint option. Thus this time I asked for both myself.
    I get that the developer team considers this issue as some type of non-important, whiny user non-sense kind of thing. Especially when it is coming from a player like me, who haven't played long, who haven't been playing at all. But to suggest something is in your game when in fact it isn't shows clear indifference. And what's worse is that it also shows that you don't really grasp the concept of the difference between sprinting options.
    Over the years I've been bug reporting, hack user reporting with recorded videos and all that. Most of them, well, so far all of my bug reports have been ignored. Thus I became a gamer who is about to quit gaming entirely. I can just uninstall Valhalla and leave when fit. But I do not wish to see other enthusiastic gamers to become like me. Please be a little less indifferent about the game you are working on. Please.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics