ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• fatherjimbo
    Original poster 6 posts

We haven't played an actual assassin for the last 3 games. I miss it to be honest. Are there plans to move back towards being an assassin and caring about the creed? Or has Ubi decided that ship has sailed? I just want to play an assassin again and not worry about gear sets or magic flaming weapons with no real explanation.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• WhoCares78
    112 posts

@fatherjimbo Unfortunately Ubisoft has indicated that this is it. Assassins Creed as we knew it and played for so many years is dead. They’ll keep dragging another title out each year using the name much like the corpse in Weekend at Bernie’s. But it won’t actually be Assassins Creed. Just more magic, more gear sets and more unstoppable brutes smashing their way through horribly inaccurate time periods with anachronistic oversized cartoonish weapons. And possibly a game as a service type thing where they just keep selling us expansions that include other time periods and new assassins. Or at least what they’ll call assassins. Hopefully we’ll get a remastered AC1 and Black Flag to go with the other remasters we already have. That way we can play all of the actual A.C. games. You know from before they became WoW or Elder Scrolls with a hidden blade. Although Odyssey proved that not even the hidden blade is guaranteed.

• katzenkrimis71
    233 posts

We haven't played an actual assassin for the last 3 games.

===

They can't win, really. When Origins came out it was a new look. Some liked it, some didn't. A lot of players got used to using shields.

Then Odyssey comes out and everybody was enraged that they took away their shields. I thought to myself, why is everybody obsessed about shields all of a sudden?

It was ridiculous.

Now they gave everybody their shields back, and turned this game into a Barbarian/Rogue/Ranger game. And you can be great at all three of those 'classes' at the same time. Really, if you want to play as an assassin, you can still do it. My first Eivor Character I played the entire game using a single dagger and assassinated as many enemies as I had the patience for. I've killed 11,893 enemies and 1,290 of them have been assassinations.

It does take a lot more patience to play the assassin style of game. And considering gamers have zero patience I really don't see how it's Ubisoft's fault if people aren't taking the time to assassinate enemies anymore. You can still play as a 'Rogue', but you can also Barbarian and Ranger your way through the game, too.

Fighters, Rogues, Barbarians, Wizards and Paladins are the most popular D&D classes. That sounds pretty tanky to me, so I'm not surprised they designed this game the way that they did. Even though this isn't a RPG, they are trying to appeal to those type of gamers.

• Ken_Koerperich
    68 posts
    We haven't played an actual assassin for the last 3 games.

===

They can't win, really. When Origins came out it was a new look. Some liked it, some didn't. A lot of players got used to using shields.

Then Odyssey comes out and everybody was enraged that they took away their shields. I thought to myself, why is everybody obsessed about shields all of a sudden?

It was ridiculous.

Now they gave everybody their shields back, and turned this game into a Barbarian/Rogue/Ranger game. And you can be great at all three of those 'classes' at the same time. Really, if you want to play as an assassin, you can still do it. My first Eivor Character I played the entire game using a single dagger and assassinated as many enemies as I had the patience for. I've killed 11,893 enemies and 1,290 of them have been assassinations.

It does take a lot more patience to play the assassin style of game. And considering gamers have zero patience I really don't see how it's Ubisoft's fault if people aren't taking the time to assassinate enemies anymore. You can still play as a 'Rogue', but you can also Barbarian and Ranger your way through the game, too.

Fighters, Rogues, Barbarians, Wizards and Paladins are the most popular D&D classes. That sounds pretty tanky to me, so I'm not surprised they designed this game the way that they did. Even though this isn't a RPG, they are trying to appeal to those type of gamers.

It's not that gamers have no patience. It's the "Want to be content creator/streamer" who is to lazy to get a real J-O-B, and they need to be able to burn through entire games, "Create" said content/vids/guides ASAP, and move on, as "this" is how they make money....

Don't lump us all together. I'm a casual, who takes forever to beat games. All my friends are the same way. Yet we all feel this game since AC3 has gone into the pottychair.

Ubi needs to return to the roots of AC if they do another, otherwise "most" won't return.

I know I'm only here, as PS5 has mostly "sheet" games out currently, and until SGWC:2 & Blackwood come out, I've got nothing else to play.

Once those release, this GARbaage is going into the dumpster....

• Sam_Boo26
    175 posts

I would argue about that though. Bayek was an Assassin; he created the Hidden Ones with Aya. I thought it was interesting to see that. As for Odyssey, it was more Isu-related, which was also fine to me because that was the first time it happened. In Valhalla, I wish the Hidden Ones play a more important role though, and I wish Eivor would have become one of them, a bit like Black Flag did with Edward.

Suggested Topics