Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• evilhippo
    78 posts
    There is a character named Azar who feels like ubisoft is shamelessly trying to appease the social justice crowd with a "gender fluid" person.

Ubisoft can't help themselves, they seriously can't, it's some sort of compulsion to stick that kind of thing in their games 🤪

Beyond parody 🤣

• GhostAgent14
    Original poster 68 posts

I've enjoyed reading everyone's thoughts on the game here!! Some of them have made me chuckle!! 😄 I just finished the storyline, and it kept me engaged to the very end. It was also really neat seeing a rainbow in the sky here and there. I had to take a picture of that!! I love AC Valhalla, and this DLC breathed new life into the game for me. I'm already looking forward to the next DLC!! 🙂

• Kormac67
    617 posts

@ghostagent14 I find the DLC gorgeous so far. Enjoying it very much. Chiara's singing is awesome, pure magic.

• ChuckKatse
    253 posts

It is ok however one thing I have noticed is using Raven Sight will not locate the treasure chests containing the special trade items you have to look for them. Check every where. Can't remember the exact location but I was on a trail were there were numerous dead NPC's and found six chests scattered along the trail.. None could be located using Raven Sight. There were also several in Dublin. So again look every where. The map is littered with them just have to find them.

• dr0l0
    1 posts

How do I access it, I’ve the season pass and no update showed up?

• Superfly_Boss
    69 posts

@kmansp31 Did you follow Azar's storyline? It has nothing to do with gender politics.

• Superfly_Boss
    69 posts

@dr0l0 go to store and manually download it if you are on consoles.

• Cell1e
    174 posts

I like it, I tweaked my settings a bit and the crashes stopped and I have enjoyed exploring more because I like building the wee shops and then going and getting the rewards with Azra, so far I got two nice armours, my favourite is the Egyptian one, finally something light and easy to move in for my assassin Eivor!

I like the characters so far, very much and seeing the familiar names and places of Ireland, how they might have looked long ago.

I would have liked a male character to romance for my female Eivor but Ill try out Ciara, she seems nice.

Yes so far this is nicer than the main game for me.

Especially finally getting something decent to wear!! 😊 👚

• AlphaGoose46219
    157 posts

@ghostagent14 I actually liked the DLC, a nice adventure with numerous things to explore and to see.
    No ISU / modern day was a relief for me, Viking vs Order perfect!

• B00MSIE
    315 posts

Really like the story (great writing) and how they present Ireland. The lighting and colors are a lot better then in the original game. For some reason the skies look amazing now. Ciara’s singing and looks fit perfectly in the Irish setting.

Three big complaints;
    spoiler

• Quor321
    232 posts

@smrtiak-svk Many AAA games are only 30 or 40hrs total play time, if that. Not sure your comparison is valid.

I do agree that each new DLC should bring more skills. More of everything, plus something new.

• Smrtiak.SVK
    138 posts

@quor321 I do not play many games, so i do not know. I am a huge fan of Ubisoft in fact, of AC games, Prince of Persia, Splinter Cell this was games of my childhood. When I was a kid and I just start playing a new games and I saw the logo of Ubisoft I was always excited thinking: "That is from Ubisoft, it will be an awesome game." And it was... But I am playing also Division 2 from Ubisoft, now I am just waiting for new content coming into game, of course Warlords of New York was 40€ when it starts, but it has so many online content, you can play it even now, that is a highly repeatable game. Sure the main game is huge, and it is an awesome, I love it. But I expected a longer story, more these "side quests", more bosses to fight. I do not have problem with map, Ireland is beautiful in this game, and map is huge, but it deserves more content. Sure this assassin mission with optional challenges you can play still, what is awesome, but when you get everything in Ireland at 100% it is good just for iron or leather, but these resources you can also buy in shop or find anywhere ...

• Smrtiak.SVK
    138 posts

@quor321 so for example - fight arena - highly repeatable with bosses, drengrs, werewolfs (halucinations), Muspelheim... but maybe we get that after some time 🙂 espacially arena would be an awesome in France with next expansion maybe 🙂

• JuwanRed
    2 posts

@ghostagent14 I have been unable to play more than 30min without it crashing...desperately needs an update

• Fortyniners354
    43 posts

I love it. I had pretty much maxed out England and this is a breath of fresh air. I'm just taking my time and exploring. This concept of trade post building is interesting. I'm curious as to how it will all turnout. Also, the story line is interesting. But I'm just going to take my time on it as I savor everything. I think the devs did a great job.

• katzenkrimis71
    160 posts

What are your opinions on it

----

Update: [Spoilers]

Just finished it. Took a little over 30 hours, and that's exploring every inch of the map.

As far as the writing goes, I was happy that Eivor's cousin Barid and Ciara the redhead died.

And Eogan had to die, but that was no surprise.

As far as challenges go, I was far too powerful for this DLC. 427 power with 6 rations is unstoppable, and I don't even use abilities.

I can imagine for those who are not up to level that the Balor boss fight and some of those Druid Acolyte challenges would be tough. Those Acolytes fight well as a team and can do some serious damage. I only died once playing Wrath of the Druids, and it was during a big fight against an army of Acolytes. Wasn't paying attention, didn't eat a ration in time, dead.

Not big on the high fantasy aspect, like werewolves and such, but overall it wasn't the worst DLC that I've played. It does some things differently from the base game, but for high level players it's too easy.

• Si_W
    29 posts

@ghostagent14 I think it's fine other than some of the new mechanics take some time to get used to, I cleared the first trading post as it said unclaimed on the map and wondered why I couldn't claim it. I had to google it to realise that I need to talk to Azar and get the quest. Then I did a second one before I realised that I have to activate the quest to recover the deed for it.

I also find it rather bizarre that Azar not only wanted to increase trade with England by coming to Ravensthorpe in the middle of the country, but also came in from the east - which must be the least cost effective journey in terms of time and money...

• BJgobbleDix
    51 posts

It's a lot of the same in my opinion. It's fun but my biggest gripe is difficulty. Just like the base game, difficulty needs some major rebalancing. Gear just feels underwhelming and not unique from each other overall on a statistical standpoint. I wouldnt mind enemies having a bit more HP to scale to player levels but also some major rework done on different stats such as Attack (why is it still capped?), Speed (also still hard capped), Armor, etc.

The fluidity and impact of combat feels better than past AC games but kind of overshadowed by poor balancing...

• Quor321
    232 posts

@smrtiak-svk I just came back when I saw the release of the new DLC so I have yet to learn whatever new stuff has been added. It does look like a few skills did get added, not sure when. Small amount of new gear, not nearly enough for my liking.

Did they add the plus feature yet? So we can do everything again without loss of level or gear???? If not that really needs to be added.

I do agree much more repeatable content and put the settlement to work earning me some silver. The silver blockade in this game for a game centered around raiding vikings is just terrible.

Overall it is a beautiful game I do hope they add a few player desired features besides one handed swords. Oh and the inventory is still a mess.

• Yesin069
    548 posts

DLC for a broken game doesnt cut it for me...

They should have put all forces into fixing the main game first...like fix bugs, fix runes, fix UI, fix AI, fix stealth, fix combat! After that they could think about DLC content. And after that they should make the DLC have something to do with AC.

I watched the DLC story on youtube because i am not gonna play it and this is just a joke. Not a single assassin, nor templar bit is in this DLC. Not a single connection or anything that this is a AC DLC. This DLC is just so generic and "nothing content" or "filler". Just like some arcs are just filler, this DLC is as well.

I am really expecting more from the Paris DLC because from leaks we know that the order will be present there and it could at least finish Eivors story properly with him as an assassin (or templar) and give us a hint how he ended up dead in Vinland. Sadly I think we will never get closure for his body in Vinland in the games. More in comics that no one reads.

The only great thing about this DLC is the soundtrack. As always the soundtrack in AC games is fantastic but underused in-game.

This sounds a bit harsh for some folks but Ubisoft just goes the absolute wrong way with this franchise. I dont want to fight werewolves on a regular basis in those games, even if they are just hallucinations. In Origins there was just one hallucination scene with a giant snake and that was more than enough fantastical for this franchise to be taken seriously. Dont forget that this ins still more of a sci-fi game than fantasy. If Ubisoft wants fantasy, they should make a fantasy IP and not destroy their established IP's with this forced stuff.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics