Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• GhostAgent14
    Original poster 100 posts

I was just curious as to how everyone is feeling about our new Wrath of the Druids DLC. I am very much enjoying it so far, and I feel that it is nicely done!! The new characters are interesting and engaging. Having Ireland as part of our atlas now is a treat too, and I have been enjoying the new scenery. Being able to build up the trade posts is fun too and reminds of the main game early on when building up the settlement. So I am definitely pleased with the new content.

How about the rest of you? What are your opinions on it so far?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• kmansp31
    48 posts

Not that impressed. Still same weak AI- enemies always have their back turned ready for assassination, and act befuddled all the time- and the story so far hasn't really grabbed my attention. Plus, I could have sworn I read somewhere that enemies will scale to your power level, but everything is stuck at 55 and I'm at 160?

The map is about half the size of what I expected- You only see a third of Ireland. Most of the south is inaccessible.

There is a character named Azar who feels like ubisoft is shamelessly trying to appease the social justice crowd with a "gender fluid" person. "Look! We care! We made a gender neutral person!" Which should be insulting- the character is pointless/very uninspiring. They didn't really give this character a reason for being other than just to say they put the NPC in.

Everything just feels like Ubisoft did the bare minimum here.

• Cell1e
    174 posts

@ghostagent14 Hi Im excited for the first 10 minutes Ive played, I have had 2 game crashes while in the party so Im going back for third try to see if I can progress. It does look bright and pretty and the accents are nice so far.

• Umilton
    10 posts

Hanging out in Dublin now in the middle of a quest. Plan to explore every area of Ireland if the quest doesn't restrict open world travel to within a small radius. I doubt it will. So I'll be exploring all those places in the screenshots in the previews. And pickup the missions later. Looks good so far visually with or without a reshade.

• Umilton
    10 posts

@kmansp31 About Azar I keep wondering if a male soldier maybe even the lead character will ask him on a date. During cutscenes when Azar is talking it sounds a bit like a woman.

• katzenkrimis71
    179 posts

Curious as to how everyone is feeling about our new Wrath of the Druids DLC.

-----

Far too early for me to say, having only played a few short hours.

Hoping for some main character deaths soon, otherwise this could get boring fast. Need a reason to fight.

Hopefully the writing can take this story up a notch or two.

It does feel like more of the same gameplay wise, but I do appreciate the unexpected twist to the economy system and loot. Although, having to rebuild Dublin makes me feel like our first settlement will be abandoned for the rest of the game, as Paris is up next. And we'll likely be doing the same thing there, with another settlement. So we'll have three settlements going, which kind of waters everything down.

But, whatever. It's not the end of the world.

Yet.

• ElMadre1
    85 posts

We desperately need level scaling. I'm 409 and there isn't even a hint of challenge.

• Garbo3
    778 posts

@umilton read her description on the index,explains everything.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

Didn't get very far as I was looking for a key and the only one I found was apparently for something else, then the game crashed. Seems just more of the same tbh; i.e. spending inordinate amounts of time trying to get into some place to ultimately loot a box for leather, but hopefully the story will be okay. I also have this mega annoying bug where the skill bar gets stuck, and I cannot move around without randomly using adrenaline skills, and the only way to get rid of it is to completely shut the game. Along with crashes - it gets tedious. I did manage to avenge a player though for the first time, so there's that I guess. My Eivor also still steam rolls everything, although I can't even remember how to play the game 😄

• Sam_Boo26
    160 posts

I've played for a couple of hours and I'm really enjoying it so far. The new characters are interesting and the story seems great. spoiler Maybe in the next DLC.

• fo0fight3r
    23 posts

i'm happy with the new dlc, good work devs and ty

• Smrtiak.SVK
    153 posts

Honestly, it is beautiful, story is good, I just think it should be bigger with some new skills for higher power level scaling. Because standard game is for 60€ without sale, I finished everything in 180hours of gameplay from standard version, all chests, all achievements, all treasures, all missions, quests, everything. So for 20€-25€ we should get expansion with 60 hours or okay with 45 hours at least of new gameplay... It is just renamed DLC into expansion, but I do not feel it is bigger.

• evilhippo
    79 posts
    There is a character named Azar who feels like ubisoft is shamelessly trying to appease the social justice crowd with a "gender fluid" person.

Ubisoft can't help themselves, they seriously can't, it's some sort of compulsion to stick that kind of thing in their games 🤪

Beyond parody 🤣

• GhostAgent14
    Original poster 100 posts

I've enjoyed reading everyone's thoughts on the game here!! Some of them have made me chuckle!! 😄 I just finished the storyline, and it kept me engaged to the very end. It was also really neat seeing a rainbow in the sky here and there. I had to take a picture of that!! I love AC Valhalla, and this DLC breathed new life into the game for me. I'm already looking forward to the next DLC!! 🙂

• Kormac67
    725 posts

@ghostagent14 I find the DLC gorgeous so far. Enjoying it very much. Chiara's singing is awesome, pure magic.

• ChuckKatse
    282 posts

It is ok however one thing I have noticed is using Raven Sight will not locate the treasure chests containing the special trade items you have to look for them. Check every where. Can't remember the exact location but I was on a trail were there were numerous dead NPC's and found six chests scattered along the trail.. None could be located using Raven Sight. There were also several in Dublin. So again look every where. The map is littered with them just have to find them.

• dr0l0
    1 posts

How do I access it, I’ve the season pass and no update showed up?

• Superfly_Boss
    83 posts

@kmansp31 Did you follow Azar's storyline? It has nothing to do with gender politics.

• Superfly_Boss
    83 posts

@dr0l0 go to store and manually download it if you are on consoles.

• Cell1e
    174 posts

I like it, I tweaked my settings a bit and the crashes stopped and I have enjoyed exploring more because I like building the wee shops and then going and getting the rewards with Azra, so far I got two nice armours, my favourite is the Egyptian one, finally something light and easy to move in for my assassin Eivor!

I like the characters so far, very much and seeing the familiar names and places of Ireland, how they might have looked long ago.

I would have liked a male character to romance for my female Eivor but Ill try out Ciara, she seems nice.

Yes so far this is nicer than the main game for me.

Especially finally getting something decent to wear!! 😊 👚

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics