Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• mantuxxxazzz
    2 posts

Help!!! The quest : courting of kings - free the prisoners in aileach . I have to get the key to free them but it is stuck in a stair case! Tried everything for it to reset but it didnt. I can't play any further becouse the key doesnt reset to the guard witch was carying it. Please help! I tried to restart both the game and the ps4 console didn't help. I have no other save file. As of now they key is deep in the ground and doesnt reset never! ..... i feel like i wasted my money on this expansion ... its impossible to get in toutch with ubisoft for help.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@yesin069 Yup. Except they weren't a pain in the rear in Black Flag. I just gave up on the extra goals after a while because not only is it impossible to tell if and why enemies spot you, but the bodies of the people you already killed would spawn all over the place on reloading, sometimes being dead and sometimes not, but never where they were before, lol. I recently played Shadow Tactics and Desperados, and the stealth/assassination mechanics in Valhalla are so rubbish in comparison.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@mantuxxxazzz Are you sure the key isn't in a cave/room below? Not sure what quest you are referring to or if I've done it.

• Yesin069
    554 posts

@kreutzgang

I would love if they would use the pigeon lofts and real assassins in future games with improved mechanics, instead of this dead order menu where you search clues in random spots and all of them have nearly no personality.

The stealth goals make no sense in Valhalla because stealth is clearly broken in this game. Nobody can do proper stealth runs where you know that a mistake was your own fault. It just happens that you get spotted in splitseconds without any possibility to react. Also where are the double takedowns? In Unity you also had just one hidden blade but it took less than 2 seconds to assassinate to guys that stand to each other. Now you can kill just one and the second one is just killable if he really sees nothing and it far away from the other one. Who the hell was responsible for the fact that they removed a running system with a broken one?

I played Metal Gear Solid V some weekd ago and this game has mastered every playstyle. Especially stealth is a joy with the brillant AI in this game. Valhalla looks and feels like childwork in comparison. Sorry for the devs but hire some guys that actually can make stealt systems and also combat systems with great animations and working balance.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@yesin069 Thanks for the tip, I'll add that game to my list!

• Kormac67
    666 posts

@kreutzgang Hmm -
    I didn't find anything grindy. Actually I found leveling Dublin way too easy. Handing in one full screen of rewards without having done anything didn't feel rewarding to me. No comparison to the blasted Swordfish I'm currently working on. And there are trade post supplies in abundance, you have a lot left over after building everything.
    Trading posts are fast travel points too. if you consider them there are enough.
    The kingly options can be challenging, yes, but are totally optional. You can always just plow through.
    I did kill two Druid Danus before their time and didn't have any story problems. It just removes a little find clues content from the game.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@kormac67 I just find ploughing through the map without fast travel points in obvious places and then having to go back for story stuff grindy in itself, especially considering the movement stutter I mentioned, plus the stuff on the map just isn't really interesting to me. Wow yet another curse or other scene where I can't see anything. Yet another chest with leather I have to spend ages figuring out how to get to. And having to go back to places multiple times to empty chests and upgrade stuff is grindy in my book, especially if it's not combined with something actually interesting.

I know the extra goals are optional, doesn't make them actually good, interesting or well-designed. How come do I sometimes get spotted through roofs and walls and sometimes not when I'm right next to people? Why do I get spotted literally every time I get my bow out? Check out Desperados 3 for a comparison to well-designed extra goals for missions and a stealth system that works and where you can actually tell why you were spotted.

Good to hear killing the order members doesn't cause problems, but why are they not listed as dead? Do we just kill them again?

• Kormac67
    666 posts

@kreutzgang The Danus I killed were listed as dead of course.
    Didn't kill them before the order list appeared though, don't know what happens then.

• Yesin069
    554 posts

@kreutzgang

If you want great stealth with amazing AI mechanics, look no further than MGS. Sadly MGSV has dialed back in the story departement and boss fights, compared to the games before, but the gameplay is top notch and polished as hell.

@Kormac67

I don't think he meant "grindy" means long or difficult when we talk about the druids DLC. The game isnt hard at all (which is no big problem, if it at least had a great and good looking combat system). The bigger issue is that the quality content is just not enough. Over 80% of this DLC consists of repeatable quests, collecting trading goods and hunting clues. Also those annoying stone stappling puzzles are back. From all things in the main game, these are the most annoying ones to do. Instead of being relaxing and chilling, I never was more angry than after doing them...

The story is too short and too much filler. It doesnt tell any great strory or gives as hints or clues to anything regarding this franchise. It is just a generic viking story in ireland. If they include egyptian armor, why the hell they didn't implement some stories about Bayek. Maybe a letter in this armor which activates a quest, where Eivor searches for clues about this "Bayek" guy.

• Sam_Boo26
    154 posts

I also finished it a few days ago, so here's my opinion:

Positives:
    The story
    The new characters, especially Ciara and Barid
    The trade system

Negatives:
    Nothing about the Hidden Ones
    The repeatable quests are not interesting
    The bugs

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@kormac67 Well, then I am still expecting it to break, same as it did in the Odyssey DLC where I could never finish a quest because the game decided I hadn't killed someone I had 😉

• Yesin069
    554 posts

@sam_boo26

Haytham is there for 5 seconds...maybe this is Ubisofts explanation why the hell this DLC is for an AC game...

If we use that Ubisoft logic, than Witcher 2 is also an AC game, because we can find an assassin dead in a haystack. At least more assassins than in Odyssey and this druids DLC...

About the same percentage of screentime for the hidden ones as in the main game, where all he great assassin stuff happend in 20 minutes.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@yesin069 seems to me they ditched the entire assassin thing and just want to stick to the game universe, but aren't doing a good job at communicating this. The games are also sadly apparently more popular without the assassin gameplay, as people like to play glorious, "brave" melee brutes rather than squishy assassins that backstab people and then run for it.

• Outlander1982
    123 posts

It's okish,it's not bad to play but it's just there,no connection to the main game or modern day,remind me of curse of the pharaoh,it would not exist and that would not change a damn thing about the series,lore,ect.

Eivor see a werewolf and no dialogue whatsoever,seem normal...........
    Music is good.
    For a dlc based on Druids,they are quite non existent in the story.
    No confession room like Odyssey.
    Many bugssss

Like I said it's not bad to play but you don't miss anythings by not playing it if you care about the lore or Valhalla main game,it doesn't add anythings to the game,series.

• Yesin069
    554 posts

@kreutzgang

I don't think they are "more popular" without assassins. Looking at how dedicated and passionate the early AC community was and that AC3 still is the best selling title (regarding total numbers), I think people love assassins. Assassins in different settings and the philosophical conflict between them and templars should be the core pillars of any game.

Now comes the big BUT: The new games dont sell as great but make them a lot more money...because of what?...of course microtransactions and heavy marketing for the settings of the game instead of assassins. The settings were always a big part of marketing but the assassins were the leading force in any marketing before Origins. Now assassins are regarded "fanservice" in a game called Assassins Creed. You cant sell this much stuff via microtransactions with just assassin stuff. But with fancy mythological and forced RPG mechanics you can. This is the only point this franchise makes them more money now.

Until Unity AC already was Ubisofts biggest brand and the fans were absolututely passionate about this game. There were lore videos and speculation videos all over the place and in forums. YouTubers like LazerzZ, Fizhy, Tynamite and so on had risen and made great in-depth videos about this game with many millions of clicks.

This all died down by now. Now we have guys like JorRaptor who make Helix Store item videos and build videos. This is all. Just Origins and Valhalla brought back some of the speculation in forums because the devs put some effort in those game to make them a little bit as mysterious as the early games and reunite the fanbase.

This franchise was so great, had so much potential and had so much great fans. Most of those fans are still there (like me) but after Valhalla I see them leaving. I will for sure. I don't support practices like that in any game and they sold this huge IP with a lot of depth, with a hollow shell that just sells us the setting to make as much microtransaction armors for this settings as possible. I wouldnt be surprised if we fight dragons in AC at some point. Hallucination drugs as an explanation always work it seems...

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@yesin069 Oh? I read Valhalla was the best-selling title to date. Sure, people who play specifically assassin games where you have to be an assassin like that kind of game, but I'm under the impression the general public prefers knights in shining armour, and after opening the franchise to that play style, there's no turning back really. And with this new free to play strategy they are apparently heading towards, I suspect we'll end up with either grindy, bare-bones games with a gazillion microtransactions or mmo's, neither of which sound remotely interesting.

• Yesin069
    554 posts

@kreutzgang

Yeah, AC3 sold the most copies, Valhalla made the most money. This can also be because of the pandemic and people generally play more games now. Also that Valhalla was a launch title for next-gen which had very few new games. Nearly every new console owner likely also has Valhalla because there isnt much to choose. I think and hope that the next AC will sell terrible because Ubisoft treated the early buyers like second-class people or beta testers. Still buggy game, bad "free content", lackluster DLC and very slow update cycles compared to other studios which are way smaller. Hopefully every early Valhalla buyer wont make this mistake with the next AC again, so they learn their lesson that if a game makes much money, doesnt mean that it is a great game. Resident Evil 6 also sold fantastic and nearly destroyed the franchise afterwards because of the hat it got for changing a horror franchise into a shooter.

AC3 had no MTX at all, so the franchise was great and huge. After the buggy Unity they thought they need to change everything but most people were annoyed by the unfinished, buggy state of this game, not because of the gameplay. This is why Unity gets so much love today. This should be the way they should go and improve on but some managers thought "lets make a Witcher 3 copy". Sadly they didnt came near the same quality but RPG's with loot and stuff like that are great for MTX. People like loot and fancy stuff...

The truth is that over 90% of players never buy any MTX is AC, but the 10% (dont know the exact numbers but it is often so, that under 5% buy enough MTX to make the publishers more than enough money) that buy them, buy so many of them that this makes Ubisoft rich and thinking their games are so great and fans love it. I love RPG's but Ubisoft dont have the devs to make great RPG's. This is clearly an instument for them just to sell more MTX.

Gameplay-wise you can make assassins to anything yo want. Let us be an assassin in the story and give every assassin some specific abilities to the era. If we want we should be able to play an aggressive assassin - I see no problem there. The bigger problem for me is, wiping out every assassin from this games to give us the illusion of "play as wou want". It would be such an immersive-buff, if Eivor joined the hidden ones in the first third of the game (or even already in Norway when Basim teaches him stuff) and we have to choose to play assassin-like or viking-like. Now it just breaks immersion when i try to be assassin-like becaue Eivor clearly doesnt want that and says it more than one time.

• Quor321
    232 posts

@yesin069 I don't mind the break from the assassin style play. Like Odyssey the assassin story was more a background story, we are seeing it come together from many view points, and I'm sure before AC Valhalla is over we will get some more tidbits. What bothers me is we are Vikings that are actively raiding and opening trade yet struggle to make silver. I get there will be more to loot then just silver but we have zero options on what to do with the goods we get except what they intend us to use it for. What if I want to sell it all for silver and lay atop my pile... What if I want to trade it all for one type of product that I prefer over others... and WHY does every trader have the same dang thing?????? If trade and alliances is so important in this game then why can't I go to one city buy up an item then go to another town and sell it/ trade for another? Finding those little mini games like that is what makes a good RPG.

Oh and why is there more silver in the bread basket next to the chest then the chest it self? How does that even make it in the final product?

These things is what kills immersion for me, I want to be Viking!

• Yesin069
    554 posts

@quor321

Yes, sadly the trading system in Valhalla was also done by amateurs. Just give every single merchant the same stuff...what if I like to buy arrows frequently? No, my friend, there are just 20 per level-up...

Witcher 3 did this very well. Every merchant had different stuff, there were ameteurs and masters, and when you sell stuff like fish in fish villages you get less money than when you sell it in places where there isnt that many water or fish. This was a deep system that never got explained or marketed but it was there.

This is why i always say, Ubisoft cant do RPG's. They just copy some RPG-basics like numbers and loot and think this is an RPG now. The whole RPG point is to sell MTX.

They will never give us proper ways to make silver because you can also buy silver with real money and silver boosters. We will just get enough that we can buy some stuff, but without exploits it is nearly impossible to buy everything from merchants and upgrade every weapon and armor.

Edit: Odyssey had no assassin storyline at all. There were no assassins, hidden ones or anything. Just demi gods and Isu which both should be the side-lined content, not the focus. I dont count the Layla stuff in Odyssey because it has no bigger impact in the whole series.
    This is why i criticise the hell out of this game and also the druids DLC. A series called Assassins creed should have to do with freakin assassin. I also want a NBA game to be about basketball. Not that complex, but sadly many people dont get this point when it gets criticised (not meaning you).

• Quor321
    232 posts

@yesin069 Odyssey did have legacy of the first blade DLC, and the basic idea of AC games killing some order that wants to control the masses. It's not much I know, for me Odyssey made up for it with a splendid build system. Many Many builds that all felt unique, now it don't seem to matter much what armor or weapons you have on in Valhalla. Plus no real skill paths that make anything unique as you get it all eventually. Another big set back for a RPG game.

I think I know what you mean with sports games. Lots of MTX junk that you almost have to get if you want to build up your created character. Some ridiculous attempt at a story that is your carrier. Weird mini games that don't feel like you are participating in a team game. I play mostly Madden and only play franchise mode. Skips a lot of that BS and I can just play and build my team.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics