Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• jmalkin177
    Original poster 28 posts

Hello, the stealth in Valhalla is miserably broken and it makes the stealth constraints for the pigeon coops nearly impossible. It would be much preferred if the stealth mechanics in the game were fixed before introducing new content that uses stealth as it creates a very frustrating experience. Such issues still occurring are hivemind (when detection by one triggers detection by all) and instant detection (when the detection meter goes straight from white to red) as well as the Blinding Rush ability being broken and not making Eivor undetectable when in use.
    I'm honestly happy to see pigeon coop contracts come back from the more classic Assassin's Creed, but it's really disappointing that they are impossible to do right because stealth mechanics (in a franchise known for great stealth) are tragically still broken.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Garbo3
    648 posts

@jmalkin177 I haven't done any of those yet,maybe equipping stealth runes help?

• jmalkin177
    Original poster 28 posts

@garbo3 Stealth runes only inflict more melee damage out of combat. They do not effect detection. I have lots of light and feather runes to perform more dodges and rolls from cover to cover but the big problem is that stealth mechanics are simply broken.

• katzenkrimis71
    160 posts

Blinding Rush ability being broken and not making Eivor undetectable when in use.

Pigeon coop contracts - It's really disappointing that they are impossible to do right because stealth mechanics.

====

Level 2 Blinding Rush? Works for me. It works so good that I refuse to use it. I can assassinate 5 guys before my stamina runs out with that ability. And kill anything in the game that doesn't have a shield with ease. It's totally overpowered. You are basically putting the world on pause while you chop everything into a million pieces.

Level 1 Blinding Rush you'll be detected after assassination attempts. Level 2 you won't be detected. And only enemies with shields will interrupt you during combat.

I haven't had problems with the pigeon quests. I like them because they are challenging and make you think. Unlike the rest of the game. It's the first time that I've had to plan ahead before entering combat. Sometimes even waiting 5-10 minutes for the right moment. They are tricky, but that's a good thing. Last time that I spent this long trying to successfully pull off a stealth mission was in Cyberpunk. There were a couple in that game that were hard.

• Garbo3
    648 posts

@jmalkin177 good to know, I get rid of them then,need room on my rune inventoty
    .I really have no clue how stats work in this game anymore .
    Thank you😊

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 996 posts

Hello @jmalkin177,

Sorry to hear that stealth optional tasks are more challenging for you at the moment.

Have you tried the options provided by @katzenkrimis71 by any chance including planning before going forward? In these missions, planning and strategy are crucial in order to succeed 🙂

Regarding the Blinding Rush ability, can you please provide us with more details including a short video, so we can have a look?

Many thanks and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • jmalkin177
    Original poster 28 posts

@ubi-mark

Here is a video of me using blinding rush level 2 and getting detected. I am a stealth gamer, and am very successful at planning and pulling off critically thought out ideas for clearing an area silent, but as the many on the Mentors Guild agree and as this video shows, stealth mechanics are broken. for further reference I am playing on PS5.

• jmalkin177
    Original poster 28 posts

@garbo3 You're welcome. Press L3 on the inventory screen and then hover the stats to get a description of what everything does.

• ChuckKatse
    246 posts

I don't understand what is so hard about them. I don't use Blinding Rush. I use my bow and stealth to assassinate if the opportunity presents itself and no other enemy NPC's are in sight that could detect me. Most Pigeon Coop contracts are remain undetected and don't take any damage. If you scan the area and use Raven Sight including staying in stealth you should have no problems. Distance attacks with the bow and assassination attacks from the shadows or higher ground. Have yet to take any damage or be detected. They can however, be time consuming but that is the fun of it.

• braudrist
    21 posts

The AI in this game is atrocious. Buggy and glitchy which ruins the whole experience. And yes, I agree with OP that stealth in this game is completely broken. Either fix the stealth or remove it because it's useless in this state.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics