Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• isuwhat
    Original poster 190 posts

hi, i note there are opal's to collect within Ireland and i have the opal map but no opal's are showing on the Ireland map like they do in England and Norway. Is this a bug? thanks @Ubi-Woofer @Ubi-Borealis @ubi-smash

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4150 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. I'm happy to announce that the development team intend to deploy a fix for the Opal Map in Ireland in TU 1.2.2. This update will be deployed 15 June, 2021 at 2 PM CEST / 8 AM ET.

If you are still encountering issues with Opal Map, or any of the content maps, following TU 1.2.2, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include a video that shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can view this information in the opening game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    • That the issue continues to persists in-game following this update.

Additionally, please ensure that you have an up-to-date save uploaded to the cloud. We can then pass these reports to the development team for further investigation.

Thank you! 😊

Official Response
  • Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @isuwhat!

I'm sorry to hear you're missing your opals in Ireland. Would you be able to send us the following images:

• Your map in Ireland, showing no opals can be collected
    • Your "Owned" content in the Animus store, showing that you have purchased the opal map

Can you also ensure that you have an up-to-date save file uploaded to the cloud? You can check by looking for the cloud icon on your desired save. We can then pass these along to the development team for a closer look.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • isuwhat

@ubi-borealis hi thanks for quick reply.

so the Opal map is not showing within the 'owned' section of the store for me, which is maybe part of the problem?

what i have done is take screen shots of 'Utilities' to show i have purchased this as the Complete Map Pack is showing as partially owned and as the screen shots show the only map i can't buy is the opal one.

Have added my Ireland map not showing locations of opals too

latest save is saved on the cloud too

undefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefined

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for those images, @isuwhat, and for letting us know you have an up-to-date save on the cloud!

I own the Opal map on my own game, and took a look to see if it was working in Ireland for me. I wasn't able to find any opals on my map, nor was it in my Animus store as "owned!"

Looks like we'll both have to rely on Synin to find the Opals for us right now, as it looks like they can still spot them in the area. I've passed this report along to the development team alongside some images of my own, so they can take a closer look.

If we need any further information, we'll reach out within this thread.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Ubi-Borealis

Hello again @isuwhat!

I've had an update from the development team. This looks to be working as intended, as shared in our Known Issues list:

[NEW] Store maps sold in the Animus store only apply for England and Norway for the time being. Ireland will be supported by store maps in the future via an upcoming update. 

I know that not having access to the map right now may not be convenient, but Synin should still be able to help you spot them from the skies! Once we have more information on when the Ireland Opal map will be made available, it will be shared within the News & Announcements forum.

Thanks 🙂

Official Response
  • isuwhat

@ubi-borealis thanks for the update.

so does that mean that the current opal map that's already been purchased will eventually show opals in Ireland or does this mean that a new opal map for Ireland will have to be bought?

because if its the 2nd and i have to buy another map for opals when ive already purchased one, i 1. will not be buying that new map and 2. i will be putting in a complaint as that's potentially false advertising for the original map.

I appreciate its not you or your decision, but that's my feedback as a consumer on the prospect of that potentially happening. Thanks

• DioSenpaii
    3 posts

Build: PS5 1.021.000

The opal map that I bought on the game release is not showing any Opals in the DLC IRELAND region. After collecting any of the opals, an ingame notification appears that something is added to my owned collection in the store. But the map is missing there. If fast travel to England map, I still can see the uncollected opals.
    Basicaly one of the monetization option for me is not working. On the map section turning on and off the other category which has to display Opals as well, does not help.

Steps to reproduce
    1. Boot latest PS5 Valhalla build
    2. Install the wrath of the druids DLC from psn
    3. On the main menu press continue.
    4. Start the dlc quest line
    5. Travel to Ireland
    6. Open the map

Please reach out to me for more information

• Grand_310
    32 posts

it do not show any opal in ireland.

• DioSenpaii
    3 posts

@grand_310 I have the same issue, reported it yesterday also

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there!

I've merged @DioSenpaii and @Grand_310's posts into this thread so we can keep all of the information about the Opal map in one place. Apologies for any confusion that may have been caused.

As I've confirmed to @isuwhat, the Opal map is working as intended, as shared in our Known Issues list:

[NEW] Store maps sold in the Animus store only apply for England and Norway for the time being. Ireland will be supported by store maps in the future via an upcoming update. 

You should still be able to find Opals throughout the world using Synin.

I can also confirm that the Opal map for Ireland will be included in the current pack. You won't need to buy a separate Opal map for Ireland.

We don't yet have a confirmed release date for when this update will be released. Once we have more information, this will be shared within the News & Announcements forum, so please keep an eye out.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • DioSenpaii
    3 posts

@ubi-borealis Thanks a lot for the comment, I apreciate that!

• Ubi-Borealis

You're welcome, @DioSenpaii! I hope you enjoy your adventures in Ireland! 😄

Official Response
  • Enkidu98
    34 posts

Same - Since its been reported to the devs by one of the commuity managers, hopefully they do not need me to post up exactly the same stuff re: screenshots.

Situation is identical.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @Enkidu98!

Thanks for sharing your report. As mentioned in my earlier post, the development team are aware of this issue, so we won't require any additional images/video. At this moment in time, the Opal map available in-game only covers England, Norway and Vinland.

Ireland will be supported by the store maps in the future via an upcoming update. Once we have a definite date regarding this update, we'll share this information within the forums.

Thanks 😊

Official Response
  • teh_greg
    29 posts

Hello,

I am experiencing the same issue with the Opal Map in Ireland DLC. I own all map packs from the store.

All other maps seem to be working (I haven't ventured past Dublin area though). I can see mysteries, artifacts, wealth etc. but I can't see Opals in Ireland.

Additionally, map packs are missing from the "Owned" category in the store. I'm sure I have bought them because I used them for territories in the base game and I still have the email receipt for purchasing the Helix Credits.

Good luck to the devs on squashing this bug.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @teh_greg!

I'm sorry to hear you're missing Opals from your map as well. Please note that the Opal map is currently only available for England, Norway and Vinland. Ireland will be supported by the Opal map in the future via an upcoming update, so these should be returned to your map soon. In the meantime, you can use Synin to scout out Opals from the sky!

Any information regarding future updates with be shared in the News & Announcements forum, so please keep an eye out for this.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • bradcuster
    6 posts

@ubi-borealis Just wanted to add that I’m also experiencing the opals not showing up on the map in Ireland even though I purchased the pack through the store. I know it says here that it will be fixed in an update, but that’s a bit annoying considering I’ll probably be done the dlc by then. 😉

• isuwhat

@ubi-borealis many thanks for clarifying my question and glad this is the case:

'I can also confirm that the Opal map for Ireland will be included in the current pack. You won't need to buy a separate Opal map for Ireland.'

• jamesbriggsy
    1 posts

I purchased the opal map so I could find them all and explore new areas. It looks like it doesn't work for Ireland in wrath of Druids? Anyone know if this will be fixed

• mabelleame
    5 posts

@jamesbriggsy I'm also in the same predicament.

Suggested Topics