Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Mativos
    Original poster 3 posts

Like the title says, I am unable to acquire any of these skills. I've got 9 unspent skill points but the option to acquire them is grey and I can't select it.
    Started playing the game after a 2 months break and I could acquire the 'new' skills from the new DLC, however the older ones from the river raids I cant select.
    Is this a known bug or am I missing something?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1358 posts

Hello @Mativos,

Sorry to her that you are unable to acquire skills.

Can you please provide us with a short video of this occurring showing your full skill tree and the way how are you trying to acquire these skills along with your current power level? It will help us to investigate it further for you 🙂

Many thanks and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • Mativos
    Original poster 3 posts

@ubi-mark here you go:

• Mativos
    Original poster 3 posts

@Ubi-Mark is this anything you guys are aware and is it gonna be fixed, or is this something new?

• fishybrains
    14 posts

@Ubi-Mark I have exactly the same problem, my power level is 409 and I have eight unused skill points, and I'm unable to acquire any of the new skills same as the video posted by @Mativos

• lemmie88
    189 posts

I'm not sure from the video, but it looks like you haven't filled the skill tree. It works the same as the original skills, you must acquire all the preceding nodes before you can select the skill itself. Hope it helps.
    undefined

• Krimpus_Chimpus
    6 posts

So I have some spare skill points, and the new trees for the DLC have appeared, but I can't select any of the nodes. I've reset my points and auto filled everything, manually selected the other points from river raids, but now I can't select any more nodes. (I have currently 2 points to spend) of I try to select the ability node, acquire is greyed out as if I need a previous node, but there's no other available nodes to acquire. Anybody have any idea what I'm doing wrong here? Thanks in advanceundefined

• lemmie88
    189 posts

@krimpus_chimpus Is it not letting you acquire the nodes leading up to the ability? From the picture, it looks like there's still 3 more nodes you need to get before the ability. That is how my game worked anyway. I hope its not bugged for you.

undefined

• Krimpus_Chimpus
    6 posts

@lemmie88 yeah those nodes are totally empty and not selectable for me. Might be worth noting it's the same for all 3 sections

• lemmie88
    189 posts

@krimpus_chimpus From the skill view in your screenshot, are you able to zoom in and see more? Maybe it will let you see the nodes then? (Sorry, I'm on PC, not sure if it works different on console) Here's hoping 🤞

• Krimpus_Chimpus
    6 posts

@lemmie88 ignore me, I'm a total idiot. I was max zoomed out so it wouldn't see the earlier nodes. I zoomed in a bit and now it shows an icon for the nodes and lets me select them. Gonna leave the post up in case anyone else has the same thing 😂undefined

• lemmie88
    189 posts

@krimpus_chimpus You are definitely not the first. I've seen a couple posts, which is what piqued my curiosity! I'm so glad it worked out! 😊

• Krimpus_Chimpus
    6 posts

@lemmie88 me too, was getting worried it was a bug and I'd have to reinstall 😂 glad it was just user error instead

• fishybrains
    14 posts

@lemmie88 @Mativos has a power level of 409 so has definitely completed all of the nodes, 1, 2, 3 & 4 are stars that light up after you assign the ability(5)

• lemmie88
    189 posts

@fishybrains With the new nodes and skills, the power level will be above 409. Here is mine, and I had just acquired the nodes and ability in the order depicted in my earlier pic. Could you try zooming in as much as possible in your skills screen? Another player (ps4 I think) said zooming in was what finally let them see and acquire the nodes. Hope it works for you as well.undefined

• fishybrains
    14 posts

@lemmie88 You are right, I zoomed all of the way into max (PS5) and now I can acquire all of those linking nodes, man I'm so stupid, thanks for your help

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3626 posts

Hello there!

I've merged together two similar threads about encountering trouble unlocking the new skill tree attributes. I apologise if any ongoing discussion has been disrupted by this.

Thanks for helping out, @lemmie88! I'm glad to see that @Krimpus_Chimpus & @fishybrains have been able to successfully unlock the additional skill tree attributes by zooming in. Those new attributes can definitely be a little harder to spot at first!

As shared in this thread, the max skill tree level is now 427. If you haven't yet reached this level, it will be because you haven't unlocked some of the skill attributes on the tree. Make sure you zoom in all the way to ensure that you've unlocked all additional attributes!

If you're certain you've unlocked everything available but are still unable to spend any of your skill points, please can you send us a video that shows your whole skill tree, zoomed in, and that there is nothing left to unlock. I recommend paying attention to the skills at the furthest edges of the tree, as these can be easily missed. We can then pass these videos on for further investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • LuisSarta
    28 posts

@krimpus_chimpu Ivm stupid too, lol. Thanks for your post

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics