Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Caraamon
    Original poster 44 posts

After this last attempt on cairns, I thought I'd wander by to express my feelings.

I hope whoever created them is traded to Disney and made to hand draw animation cells in the basement for minimum wage.

I hope whoever designed the PC controls for cairns has ten years of unexpected encounters with poison ivy whenever they leave their house.

/s mostly, but still very salty.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• B00MSIE
    374 posts

@caraamon

The controls for the cairns are not great there either, but I still enjoy the cairns. I hated then at first, but now I think they are kind of fun, when you don’t frustrate yourself by trying to hurry them.

I like it more then Orlog. Orlog has a to high “Luck” factor. It is fun, but you are the AI can also win, by just having a lot of luck. The cairns is all about putting them in the right position.

• Cell1e
    174 posts

Gosh yes I know what you mean, those cairns can be really tricky and very annoying, since when did AC games become puzzle games? I didnt mind the first couple that were easy but the last few were so hard..just frustrates the heck out of me.

I hate cairns

and locked doors

and key hunting

and silly 'chasing tattoos' over rooftops

and card and drinking games

and trying to catch big fish..

• B00MSIE
    374 posts

@cell1e

The problems with the puzzles is, they are just not challenging enough. Like the keys, why do you see the icon, before you discover the lock? Also the shooting an arrow to open a locked door puzzles are to easy.

The running after a note has been a AC thing since a long time btw. At least they can be challenging, when you don’t use the slow time ability. The problem with them is that the parcour system does not always work and is not a challenge like in the older games (you now only press one button now), but that has also been an AC problem forever.

Also, AC has always been about puzzles. All the tombs in AC2 were puzzles. Same in Unity etc. One of the main reasons I like the franchise.

• AlphaGoose46219
    158 posts

@caraamon I like those cairns but i really don't like those black flag flying news papers!

• katzenkrimis71
    223 posts

After this last attempt on cairns, I thought I'd wander by to express my feelings.

Very salty.

====

I've been lucking out with the DLC cairns. I've been stacking them perfectly on the first try. Getting too good at it.

I used to be terrible at the drinking game, but now I never lose.

Orlog is easy. Flyting is easy. I guess the flying papers obstacle course is still the trickiest mini-game because you sometimes need a practice run to learn the course. It's not always easy, unless you cheat and use a 'pause game' ability like Blinding Rush.

Suggested Topics