ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• banedeity
    Original poster 1 posts

Hi team- I need some help. In the quest, "Into the Fog" I went to Tuam to find The Cursed. I was to look in some of the little huts to find him, or some clues, etc. My Odin Sight showed me some yellow dots where I jumped down to get some treasure. Turns out, that is where the note would eventually tell me to go to look for Clues. The problem (I think) is that I already went down there and killed everyone, but no one dropped the Cavern Key, used to open the jail cell for the Irishmen. After being unable to move forward I went topside and back through the town where I found a note in the hut that THEN told me to go down into the area where the Irishman is. Trouble is, I cant loot the corpses I killed, and no one has the key needed to open the cell so he can give me the last clue to finish the quest and then meet hotty outside. Now, before you tell me to load a previous save, the earliest one prior is 3 hours before this, which would undo a TON of work which I am not willing to do. I would sooner unintall and play something else than to have to re-do all of that again due to another glitch. Now, here is what Ive tried so far ..

1. Restarted the game
    2. Restarted the computer
    3. Left the area and came back in
    4. Left to another continent and came back

What is the workaround, please?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2974 posts

Hello @banedeity,

Sorry to hear that you are unable to complete this quest.

Can you please provide us with a short video of this instance, so we can have a look and provide you with some tips? If it's a game issue, we will be more than happy to forward it to the development team.

Many thanks and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • contadobeto
    3 posts

@banedeity Having the same issue. However I went to the village before and still can not loot the key. Did you find a solution?

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6075 posts

Hello there @contadobeto! Welcome to the forums 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you've been unable to collect the key for the jail cell. Would you be able to provide us with a video that shows the following:

• Your current in-game inventory, that shows you haven't already collected the key
    • That the key is not available in cavern in Tuam to be collected. The best way to do this is to use Odin's Sight to show that no key is highlighted around you, as Synin won't be able to search for the key underground

We can then pass this along to the development team for a closer look.

Thanks!

Official Response
  • contadobeto
    3 posts

@ubi-borealis thank you for the prompt answer guys.

Please, let me know if this video is enough.

Thank you

*by the way, this platform did not allowed my to upload the video. I have to input at my youtube channel.

• contadobeto
    3 posts

@ubi-borealis Its working now. Verify the integrity of the files seems to have solved.

Thanks.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2974 posts

Hello @contadobeto,

Thank you for the update!

We're glad that the issue has been resolved for you.

Happy gaming and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • Re-bort
    1 posts
    Hello @contadobeto,

Thank you for the update!

We're glad that the issue has been resolved for you.

Happy gaming and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

I am blocked by the same problem, but on PS4.

Can you please confirm the appropriate fix for this?

Into the Fog quest list isn’t in my quest log anymore, and I’ve cleared Tuam village & cave, and have collected the key that drops. But there is no letter from The Cursed or “unlock” on the dungeon cage door.

Cheers.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @Re-bort! Welcome to the forums 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you're unable to collect the Cavern key. If you haven't already, I would recommend trying some basic console troubleshooting steps, as this will help to verify the integrity of the game files.

If the issue still persists, would you be able to provide us with a video that shows the following:

• Your current in-game inventory, that shows you haven't already collected the key
    • That the key is not available in cavern in Tuam to be collected. The best way to do this is to use Odin's Sight to show that no key is highlighted around you, as Synin won't be able to search for the key underground

We can then pass this along to the development team for further investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Reactedsean1993
    3 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Reactedsean1993
    3 posts

Hi,

Is their a way to resolve this. I am having the same issue on Xbox although i think i have the key in my inventory.

I have uploaded a video of this on youtube as i noticed it was requested in other replies. I have also tried to reinstall the game .

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @Reactedsean1993!

Thanks for taking the time to share your report with us, and to include a video that shows you have the key in your inventory. I see that you're unable to open the door despite having this.

I've passed your report along to the development team so they can take a closer look at this as part of the ongoing investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Reactedsean1993
    3 posts

@Ubi-Borealis No problem, are you able to update when there is a workaround or patch to fix this? Or am i able to skip this part of the quest somehow?

• Ubi-Borealis

I've checked in on the ongoing investigation, and it looks like the development team intend to deploy a fix for this issue in a future update! We don't yet have a confirmed ETA for this. Any updates will be shared in the News & Announcements forum.

I may not be able to personally update you on the investigation status, @Reactedsean1993. I would recommend keeping an eye out within the News & Announcements forum for all the most up-to-date information on updates.

Thank you 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics