Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Lexibrat_
    Original poster 23 posts

Where to start its stupid especially the one you need to do for your next clue in the new expansion. The guy can chug like no tomorrow. There is a delay between MK and controller. He takes 3 drinks compared to your one. Its dumb and its stupid why its even a requirement to get another clue.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• katzenkrimis71
    229 posts

The one you need to do for your next clue in the new expansion.

===

He's no different than some of the rest in the game, if you've done them all.

Easy peasy. First try. Mouse and keyboard.

Some people are just bad at those drinking games. I used to be bad at it, until I figured out the trick to doing them.

• Mordule
    41 posts

I assume you completed the one you needed for the clue in the base game. It is just rhythm. When you see the prompt when Eivor is swaying hit that and your rhythm continues. Miss and you stagger. These two drinking champs are the easiest in the game, meaning that you have a better error rate. I have never seen either of these drink faster than my Eivor unless I stagger more than the game allows then you just automatically lose. Try again with a clear head instead of thinking it is stupid because it is something you find difficult.

• Micon2
    6 posts

@mordule
    I have been playing at least 12hrs so good advice, but seriously I would like Odin's intervention on this clue.
    My hands and my hand eye coordination ain't what they used to be so it is more than quietly frustrating to lose each time and meditate to restart although I have found that the latter is not necessary but the act greatly helped myself.
    This is my first time playing Xbox ever and I am still getting used to the controls. Playing around with X and Y axis sensitivity a lot with mixed success.
    There is just so much to remember to do. It is a really great game, very challenging for some of us at the easy lvl and all kudos to the creative genises who have achieved something special.
    May have to celebrate at the pub ☺

• Micon2
    6 posts

@mordule
    Thanks for the confidence boost but it is my second playthrough on one notch above easy. The first time I had like 50 tries to win the challenge . This time I have tried 3 times and I get close but but no luck, although I luck is not what you need. I tried again 5min ago, maybe I will try again at some point in the future but I I no longer care. I'm not interested in speed gaming or proving mastery of any challenge, I play for the story and light entertainment. The Viking story is great, the modern link is totally exasperating.. never played any assassin's Creed games before this, so I never knew about this animarse thread. Would not be so bad if it was a puzzle not how dextrously coordinated you are.

• MachineGhost46
    18 posts

@micon2 Agree 100%. Can't beat the damn drinking game either. Stupid mechanic, especially at a somewhat critical point in the game.

• SicariusXXVII
    27 posts

@lexibrat_ I think the drinking games are pretty cool and I have no problem with it. What really annoys me is flyting, especially because the translation for subtitles is often wrong, it just gets on my nerves so much.

• MachineGhost46
    18 posts

@sicariusxxvii Yep, cool. Except when you absolutely MUST win one to allow the game to continue and Ubi rigs it so that the guy you're drinking against could drain a swimming pool. 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

• MachineGhost46
    18 posts

What brilliant dufus at Ubi thought of this one? Especially when it is at a critical juncture of the game - like, if you can't do it, the game WILL NOT CONTINUE. Great choice of things to do to get a clue as to the Spider's identity. So let me get this straight - the guy is a vacuum-powered swimming pool drainer, and you're supposed to out-drink him. First of all, the arrows to help him our hero keep his/her balance do NOT work. Second, I'm generally more than a half a horn ahead at the start of the third round, but ALWAYS fall behind because I can't keep my balance. Of course, the Dublin "champ" NEVER loses his balance. Thanks for stacking the damn deck Ubi. Greatly f---ing appreciate this. Have played every AC since the first one, but this will be the last if you jokers don't quit making bonehead choices of game play like this. 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

• lemmie88
    275 posts

Agree. As a minigame, I don't mind it. But it should not be a obstacle for progress in the main story. Also, having to drink 6+ horns is excessive.

Anyway, I manage to do them by always pressing the drink button and the directional button at the same time. Don't bother pressing the direction when it appears, Eivor wont actually fall over for quite a long time, just press when you are drinking. That way, it doesn't interrupt your rhythm and is much easier.

• SicariusXXVII
    27 posts

@machineghost46 It's very easy to win any drinking game once you get used to it. Git gud 😁

• VirtualAwesome
    75 posts

I usually find the mini-games to be extremely boring, and this game has some of the worst I have ever seen. Fishing? Hunting? Drinking? Dice games? Did they deliberately take the most boring activities from real life and stick them in a video game?

Forcing us to play these is a horrible design choice. I shouldn't have to practice an almost completely optional mini-game just to pass one required point in the game I actually bought to play.

• lemmie88
    275 posts
    I usually find the mini-games to be extremely boring, and this game has some of the worst I have ever seen. Fishing? Hunting? Drinking? Dice games? Did they deliberately take the most boring activities from real life and stick them in a video game?

Whaa? Is this your only rpg-esqe game? Fishing, hunting, dice/card games.. its like the bread and butter of rpg minigames. The only thing missing is picking flowers/herbs. 😄 The drinking is new though, I don't think I've ever played a game with a drinking minigame. ACV does not do them well...

• VirtualAwesome
    75 posts
    Whaa? Is this your only rpg-esqe game? Fishing, hunting, dice/card games.. its like the bread and butter of rpg minigames. The only thing missing is picking flowers/herbs. 😄 The drinking is new though, I don't think I've ever played a game with a drinking minigame. ACV does not do them well...

I’m not a huge RPG player, but I have played enough. I have seen all of these, but this is a lot for one game. The emphasis is also much heavier. I have to build huts for them? I can’t progress through the main game without playing them? No. Too much.

• Jakeypoo12345
    29 posts

@sicariusxxvii the translation is better than star wars the old republic. u ever play that game? u click on one of the dialogue options and ur character would say something totally differant than what ur expecting

• sidgirl
    4 posts

@virtualawesome I agree!

And I can't figure out why the fishing is so weird, either. I did plenty of fishing in Far Cry 5--it was one of the only things about that game I didn't hate--and had no problems. So why in this game do I pull my line left, to make the fish go left, and the fish doesn't go left? Or the reverse? I switch the line from hand to hand, nothing happens.

Why do the fish in this game take five minutes swimming around before I can reel them in, whereas in FC5 it was a fairly quick process? I mash X over and over, even switching my grip on the controller so I can use my index finger to hit it really fast, but it takes twenty or thirty seconds before the fish even begins moving toward me--and then when I stop mashing X, instead of staying the same distance from me, the fish magically swims to the opposite side of the lake or river again, even though all I did was stop actively pulling it in, I didn't release the line to let it swim away.

I didn't realize I was going to have to play the drinking game later to get a clue. That sucks. I don't like the drinking game--I found it very confusing my first time, and then when I got the hang of it I was just annoyed by it. At the very least, an important story clue should be hidden behind a side game on its easiest level, not its hardest. I don't think anyone would be complaining that the guy they beat for the clue was too easy to beat--there are harder opponents if they want a challenge--but for those of us not interested in such side games, the story shouldn't end because we haven't practiced it.

Suggested Topics