Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2877 posts

Thanks for providing me with some more information, @hygrotus, and for including some additional images. I've passed on your report to the development team so it can be used as part of the ongoing investigation 😊

Official Response
  • Ubi-Borealis
    Best Answer

Hello all,

I apologise for the double post. A hot fix for this issue was deployed 2 June, 2021. If you have been affected by this issue, please follow the steps below:

• Create a manual save
    • Close the game application and relaunch it
    • Load the save you created before

You should now be able to harm the Puca!

If the issue still persists after trying these steps, please rest assured that the development team are looking into deploying a permanent fix in a future update.

If you encounter any further trouble with the Puca in "Into the Fog," please don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Thank you 😊

Official Response
  • Paraflier
    4 posts

Hey there. Same issue for me. It almost looks like the puca visually glitches for a fraction of a second at the start of the battle.

I have not gotten an Avenge Quest during the quest line. Like the others have said- normal damage to Puca till about half HP. Then no more damage. The sound of my blows landing also doesn’t sound right- almost like I’m trying to kill something that can’t be. (Probably cause it’s not supposed to die- just trigger the next phase)

Multiple multiple reloads do not change the outcome.

Im running out of outposts and side quest things. Lol! Anyone else have a fix/ workaround?

Thanks! ᛟ

• Kormac67
    Original poster 623 posts

@paraflier Leave it standing and manually search for the gathering. It's nearby. Then you can continue the quest.

• Paraflier
    4 posts

@kormac67 Do you mean not start the fight with the Puca and just head to the left? Is it possible to skip the battle and still move the quest along?

Once the battle starts, there is a boarder around the immediate area that prevents leaving.

• Kormac67

@paraflier You have to fight the puca, until it stops fighting. Then it is supposed to run away and you follow. Instead it just stays there, invulnerable.
    Then you have to find the gathering on your own to continue the quest.

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for sharing your report with us, @Paraflier. I'm sorry to hear that you've encountered trouble when fighting the Puca in "Into the Fog" as well.

Thanks for sharing your suggestions, @Kormac67! After you've finished fighting the Puca as much as you're able to, @Paraflier, are you able to then leave the area and continue to the meeting? Or are you still unable to progress further in "Into the Fog" at all?

Official Response
  • Paraflier
    4 posts

@ubi-borealis thanks for the reply all. My issue is the fight with the Puca will trigger and I can deal damage to the enemy. However, once I get the Puca ‘s HP about half, I cannot inflict more damage. The Puca keeps fighting me. I cannot escape the battle due to the boarder around the area.

I can still land blows on the Puca but it doesn’t get any more damaged. The battle goes on forever. Or until I die.

No avenge quests, (I did notice that suggestion) have tried multiple reloads and save files. All the same issue.

• Paraflier
    4 posts

@ubi-borealis Wanted to give an update. After work I was all ready to play. I had my AMD screen recorder warmed up and started the Puca fight.

and it worked flawlessly. Just like it’s supposed to. We fought for a bit, then it ran away.

I was able to complete the quest.

Thank you all who replied to help. It is most appreciated. Have a great day all. ᛟ

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for reaching out to us with an update, @Paraflier! I'm glad to hear that you've been able to successfully fight the Puca and complete "Into the Fog" 😄

I'd like to assure affected players that the development team are still investigating this issue further. We don't yet have any new updates to share with you all. As soon as we have any information to share from the investigation, we will let you know within the forums as soon as we are able to.

In the meantime, if you encounter an Avenge quest during "Into the Fog," and the Puca becomes the target of this quest, we would recommend that you reload your current save, or an earlier save from before accepting this Avenge quest. This should cause the Avenge quest to reset, and allow you to damage the Puca normally again.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Ubi-Borealis
    Best Answer

Hello all,

I apologise for the double post. A hot fix for this issue was deployed 2 June, 2021. If you have been affected by this issue, please follow the steps below:

• Create a manual save
    • Close the game application and relaunch it
    • Load the save you created before

You should now be able to harm the Puca!

If the issue still persists after trying these steps, please rest assured that the development team are looking into deploying a permanent fix in a future update.

If you encounter any further trouble with the Puca in "Into the Fog," please don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Thank you 😊

Official Response
  • Rammdag05
    3 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Rammdag05
    3 posts

@kormac67 i have a solution, in the Ubisoft App you should validate game files and then return to the oldest save of the same quest.

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for sharing your workaround with us, @Rammdag05!

This issue should now be resolved for players following the release of TU 1.2.2. If anyone is still encountering trouble with the Puca in "Into the Fog," please don't hesitate to reach out within this thread. We'll gladly investigate the issue further.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Kormac67

@ubi-borealis Without Newgame Plus chances are pretty low anybody will still encounter this bug.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @Kormac67!

Any information about a New Game Plus feature being added to Assassin's Creed: Valhalla will be shared within the News & Announcements forum, so I recommend keeping an eye out there for any future updates.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Terradoss
    1 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Boneyard_42
    1 posts

Updated the software and still unable to progress. I damage puca to the point he stops attacking but never runs off and the shield around the area never clears.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 799 posts

Hey there @boneyard_42, welcome to Discussions! Thank you for updating this thread with your report of this issue with "Into the Fog". I am sorry to hear that you are unable to defeat Puca and have the quest continue as it should, even after the deployment of the hotfix.

Would you be able to provide a video showing that the fight does not progress properly? This can be uploaded either to a sharing site such as YouTube, or else a file hosting site like Dropbox or Google Drive so that we can retrieve it / forward the link to the developers. It would also be helpful if you could let us know of any troubleshooting steps you've tried already to address this issue, such as fast-travelling away and returning to the area, reloading an older save and progressing to the fight again, or similar.

The developers are looking to introduce a permanent fix in the future, so any additional information that you can provide is much appreciated! Thanks. 🙂

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics